Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Awesys

First B Service at Weber Motors, Edmonton

16 posts in this topic

Posted Image

I noticed they used 5W30. Wonder if that is the Quaker State stuff?

Also, anyone know what a "WWAF-35" is?

Guess I'll be back there in a few weeks getting the other bulb replaced. :P

I noticed they used 5W30. Wonder if that is the Quaker State stuff?Also, anyone know what a "WWAF-35" is?Guess I'll be back there in a few weeks getting the other bulb replaced. :P

You're probably right that it's QS; dealers must get that cheaper than Mobil1 0W40. WWAF-35 = windshield washer anti-freeze good to -35B:sun:

They used 5W30 when I had a B service done there as well.Both times I've done it myself (1st and 2nd A service) I have used Mobil 1 0W40.

Yeah, for my first A service I brought in my own 0W40 oil for them to put in, so they didn't charge me for it.

Well, I'm currently AT Weber motors getting my first B service done. I'm thankful that they have a computer here in the Customer Lounge! (Too bad it doesn't have any speakers though...)So far, I've recieved a CD (Sounds & songs to move you), a part number (for the black grille that's standard on the Pure, but you can't get it without paying extra on the Pulse and Passion trim levels, drat! it's just under $140, according to the service guy here who was talking to me), and am waiting for a lift so that I can bring my wife some coffee!So far - so good!I'll let you know what happens. :)

Okay... exact same price. (Yay!!)

Oh, and I found out that if you mention Club Smart Car, you get a discount. Too bad I mentioned it too late! D'oh! :wallbash: (I was just joking when I mentioned it, but hey! Now I now for next time.... :D) It's like 5 or 10 percent or something, which is a good amount when the base fee is what it is. I think someone else mentioned it a while ago in another thread... I must've been :snooze:....

According to this, the oil change part is only 30 bucks (for materials), so I'm thinking that's really not badly priced at all (I used to pay more than that just for the raw materials at CT for my last car!).

If you notice on Page 2, I placed a red square around item E. One of the mechanics said that it was the exact same way on the other two smarts that were in the shop at that time as well, ergo, no problem. It's not that it's loose by like three feet or anything, I just find it odd that it's loose at all when it's used much less frequently than the driver's side, which does fully retract all the time. Must be just something with the spring tension (or something, I don't know, I write software all day!). Anybody have any idea on how to make the seatbelt retract a bit better? (I know, I'm picky!)

Page 2 - they replaced the headlight bulb. Free, yay! They didn't replace the passengar side one, because it is working (which I'm fine with, I just asked because I wanted to know), and they guy said that he thinks that it's a 40,000km warranty (or two years, whichever occurs first) on the bulbs, which someone else has reported in another post, so I'm just trying to verify the information (if everyone believes something for long enough, it eventually becomes the truth, right? LOL).

On page 1, item C - what was happening is that when it got cold (or really cold, or really really cold, or... you get the point), say, around -8C or below, the seal on the passenger side door would "fold under" (I should have taken a picture...). Being as picky as I am :) I really didn't care for that. A while ago, I noticed that the window on the passengar side finished it's rolling up a wee bit higher than the driver's side - they noticed that, fixed the problem and replaced the seal! That's way more than I expected! Now, I'm quite glad that I mentioned it to them! :doublethumb:

Overall, I am quite pleased with the service that I (and my car) recieved today. :thanx:

Thank you!

PS:

Instead of paying 140 bucks for the black front grille, I think I'll just buy some flexible paint and turn mine from grey to black... yippie....

post-464-1172273166_thumb.jpg

post-1-1172273166.jpg

Weber seems to have very good service pricing; shame the other dealer in Edmonton is not competitive with them....

They have a big new fancy dealership to pay for. :P Weber didn't get as big as a makeover as DMFC.You can thank member Daren2006 for setting up the Club Smart Car discounts there - I didn't know you could use it for services though! I forgot to ask.

I wish Daren2006 was on Vancouver Island...good work, buddy!

So, B service with fuel filter at Weber = 400 bucksair filter cuz I have a K&N - $19oil - I bring in Mobil 1 0W40 - $21= 360- CsC 10%= 324 + tax= $344not as bad as 400. But still scary.I might have to call them back.

Hi guys,I just called Weber to book my baby in for service and asked about the Club Smart Car discount (as I just found this site and registered today!) and was told as long as I show my card I will get the discount? Is there a card I should have? How does that work? Does anyone know? :) Thanks!

Weber seems to have very good service pricing; shame the other dealer in Edmonton is not competitive with them....

I'm shipping my 2006 Pure down to Edmonton for servicing and repair and I wondered which dealership is better. I live in Whitehorse and have always done my roadtrip out for maintenance to Victoria, for the awesome service there, where I bought it. But this time, the smartmove assistance is doing the "tow", and it has to go to the nearest dealership, Edmonton.Any thoughts?Sally

For sure Weber Motors. Has been documented here many times they are cheaper than DMFC. Also there is an independent that is doing repairs on Smart cars. His prices are reasonable and he seems to do decent work. Took my vehicle there and all seemed to go without a hitch.

I took my car in for a servicing and ended up leaving with it serviced and a bill that was very high compared to service at Richmond Mercedes in BC. Also they did not detail the car, and barely washed the outside, if you can call it that. I was not impressed. This is 5 years after the first posting. eclectrix

@ EclectrixThese independents seem to have a growing reputation with the Edmonton smart community: http://www.pugcityeuroworks.ca/Contact.pageOh. and I owe you a few pictures. I'll try to post something up in the next 2 days.Bil :sun:

I actually went there when I first came to Edmonton for an A service. Again, they did not detail the car. What I really liked about Richmond Mercedes is that the car was treated like royalty whether it was my smart car or a top of the line Mercedes. I suppose the service done at Pugcity (they have Pug dogs in the office), was fine, but that is the part I do not know much about. Thanks for that tip.