Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FlyingTigerDevelopment

Flying Tiger welcomes S-Mann Tuning

19 posts in this topic

have you gotten them in black ??how much for the muffler??you can pm me thanks

Thanks FastEddy,I received everything today. My smartie is all blinged out now! :cheeky:-pf:croak:

post-310-1180655402.jpg

.......... until it stops guzzling fuel like it was beer at happy hour! Dealer get's one more chance to find the problem (that's been suggested to them :wallbash: ) on the 14th and then :fury3:

I suspect a faulty EGR valve. It could dramatically raise fuel consumption if it is not working properly, but it should also throw a code. Very strange.....

I suspect a faulty EGR valve. It could dramatically raise fuel consumption if it is not working properly, but it should also throw a code. Very strange.....

No code. No smoke. Even with a remap. No sign of fault when driving. Great power. I suspect fuel leak. This is the third I've heard across Canada.

Or inter-cooler???Eddy the only loss of power I notice is on a long grade. Where the car used to pull itself along it now feels tired and needs to be downshifted. If I drive in auto mode it downshifts almost as soon as it sees a hill. :biglaugh:A fill to the lip and run until 5.0 shows used to run about 450-475kms everyday driving, now we cannot get over 325kms out of the same fill and driving. I am going to ask that they start to strip things down until they find the problemWhen the problem is corrected we may have to dress up in new black S-skirts. (un-hijacking)

About codes that trigger check engine lights...I have read that the car has to have two incidents during one driving cycle to throw a code (major ones only light up the dash indicator). This happened with my car; it had a suspected EGR fart - but no code - in December, and TPM just changed it 5 days ago under warranty.On Wade's car, well a clogged intercooler seems more plausible than the EGR, and it would not throw a code, and it would affect power across the range of engine speeds.

Plugged intercooler is very plausible. It may not trigger a code as the engine will run fine without one. Only under perform. The computer and driver will work its maximum to achieve the same performance as with a intercooler. Heavy throttle, fuel mileage goes down.Similar theory to some drivers find gaining fuel mileage after remap. Only in a reverse senerio.

Maybe I have a stuck (open) wastegate!!!! :smirk:What do ya think? Poor mileage-no top end-normal bottom end.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More