Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
glasslady

Smart plates

48 posts in this topic

Today I finally received my new plates. The exitement was just about killing me, because you never know till the end if your choice is available or not. And then you have to go and return your plates, and they have to make out new papers and all that. It took an ICBC agent at least 15 minutes, to fill out everything. I think this is such a waste of material and time. Wouldn't it be so much better if you can reserve your plate, pay for it, and when your car finally arrives, you can use the right plates right away. Why are they so backwards I wonder? I guess it happened to everybody here in BC when they went for vanity plates. Ahhhh, yes! Beautiful BC!

Now I have my iMac, load my iPod from iTunes, and drive my iSMART. Can you beat that??? iHappy!

post-71-1121818434.jpg

post-1-1121818434.jpg

Today I finally received my new plates. The exitement was just about killing me, because you never know till the end if your choice is available or not. And then you have to go and return your plates, and they have to make out new papers and all that. It took an ICBC agent at least 15 minutes, to fill out everything. I think this is such a waste of material and time. Wouldn't it be so much better if you can reserve your plate, pay for it, and when your car finally arrives, you can use the right plates right away. Why are they so backwards I wonder? I guess it happened to everybody here in BC when they went for vanity plates. Ahhhh, yes! Beautiful BC!

Tell me about it! :dwarf:

The woman even asked me all the questions again. I said "How should I know, look at the sheet..." Of course I was parked on the street (the auto place has only two spots for cars!?!?!?!, both were full. :fury3: ) without plates at the time...

I had walked in with my plates just expecting to grab the new ones and be off. But no... 15 minutes of pain... Then they kept insisting on them putting the plates on! As you know on the rear they just screwed into the plastic rear. It took some effort to light up the wholes again so I wasn't about to let them do it! She even offers tools. I'm like, I just took these off, I have tools...

Now I have my iMac, load my iPod from iTunes, and drive my iSMART. Can you beat that??? iHappy!

Did you put a white sticker over the 1 to make it look like an 'i'. That's cool.

Updated: Added picture of our car with her new plate!

Anyway, we finally got our plate just last thursday. We got our first choice "SPEAKY". So our pet now has her name tags! :cheer2:

post-2-1121819457.jpg

Yes, I did a little trip with white tape, it doesn't show too badly from close. I don't know how long it might last, but one can easily re-do it.

post-71-1121820465.jpg

Nice plates!Beautiful car! Maybe Ontario isn't so backward. Last year I wanted personalized plates and the office was able to look on the computer to see if they were taken. Paid for my plates in Aug and put them on the car in Dec. The dealers must love us because we give smart free advertising. :thumbup:

nice plate there, Irene!

I have been musing over one of my own.....hmmmm

Congrats!

Now those Smart Cars are looking really fine!

Cannot wait to see you all in person at a rally soon!

LOOKING SMART!

:bowdown:

I think you should show the face in Victoria's rally...

amazing plates...

:joker:

This is the front of wsjohnstone's car, took this last night in Burlington............

post-62-1121947859.jpg

glasslady and wsjohnstone and gonna get a nice big tiket for those license plates (Well glasslady might not if she stays out of ontario)You cannot modify your license plate in any way and must have a front plate matching your rear plate (at least in ON)

Yup I`m aware all right but my wife drives the car not me, and :lookaround: we`ll see how it goes. Ladies seem to be able to get out of things like that, now if we were to get a ticket, I`m sure it would be when I`m driving.

Hey there glasslady.

Saw ISMART parked in a handicapped zone at Walmart in Langford yesterday.

Looked good. :flowers:

When I called to see if the plate I was thinking about was in use, they were able to tell me over the phone that it wasn't. I think it was ICBC Customer Service and then you ask for vanity plates or something - it wasn't too difficult to get through.

Anyway, I was thinking about E PANTS. But I decided against it cause I'm too cheap and I don't think I need any more attention driving around when my car finally gets here.

PS it would have been my "smarty pants" car.

Hey there glasslady.

Saw ISMART parked in a handicapped zone at Walmart in Langford yesterday.

Looked good. :flowers:

Hi, Didiki, what happened to your smart? Did you finally order it? You will see me parked in other handicapped places at times, and I do have a valid handicapped sticker. My Neurologist has me on a waiting list for spinal surgery. By the time I am finished trucking through stores on our weekly shopping trip to the big island, my back is absolutely seized up and my doctor offered the handicapped sticker for my sanity.

LOL, great!I got a Euro license plate holder from Flying Tiger a while ago (I think in consideration for spending 20% of my annual salary there or something), and I ordered a euro version of my 6X7 plate for the front. Sadly, I didn't like the look of it - way too big a plate for 3 digits.post-74-1227481802_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gent

I thought Alberta didn't have front plates...what's on the back??

You get two plates when you buy Vanity Plates in Alberta, you can put on the second one on the front or save it in mint condition to put on the back "down the road" when the first one gets damaged.

Well the personalised plates came in for Snowball the White smart today. The paperwork change was underway when I decided to take a look at the second one, looking for paint flaws etc....

The top plate was:

CDN ONE (correct)

The bottom plate was:

CBM ONE (duh)

So we have to add another few weeks to our 9 week wait for these plates!

I'm sure there are many more personalized plates out there on smarts. It might be interesting to see why the owners chose their particular plate(s). Perhaps a new thread?

I'll bet there are some interesting stories behind some of them.

"75 MPG"

Got this plate in order to answer everybody's first question, as they approach the car..... and it works!

⬅(See plate in my avatar picture. I can't seem to find original photo on this computer.)