Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
glasslady

Smart plates

48 posts in this topic

Mine is "BRABUS 1" As in the first generation Brabus sold in the states.

Endlich!We finally got our smart's special plates today, after nearly three months. Here are two shots of the car with them on. I left a plate frame off the rear because they all cover up some of the "Beautiful" or "British Columbia" on these plates.In case it's not obvious to some, CDN = the international country symbol under Fédération International de l'Automobile rules for Canada.....ONE = 1 of course, so the country is abbreviated and the number is not (a small irony for someone out there), the model of car it's on being the Canada 1 BRABUS.OK it's not clever or anything but I thought the car needed something and the regular BC plates are boring. I would never have "The Best Place on Earth" on anything I own (Campbell's Olympic plates)! The colours are nice. Never mind. ;)

post-5-1273897865_thumb.jpg

post-5-1273897978_thumb.jpg

For those not familiar with the CDN abbreviation, it stands for Canada Dominion. More useless trivia!

Thanks for the explanation Mike. I always thought CDN stood for Canadian.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I've just pulled the trigger on "GR8MPG"Sadly "SMRTAZ" & "SMRTAS" was already taken in Ontariario... :angry:

Edited by strawboss

I've just pulled the trigger on "GR8MPG"Sadly "SMRTAZ" & "SMRTAS" was already taken in Ontariario... :angry:

You're allowed up to 8 digits on your plate..maybe try again? :huh:

6 is what's allowed with a logo, in this case Ducks Unlimited Canada, maybe should I check anyway?

All those other "smartass" spelling variants were taken <_< so after a bit of headscratching got this one;"nt 2fast" seemed catchier than "gr8MPG".....dumping the Logo also saved me $80.

Edited by strawboss

Arrived yesterday. I'll stop my MTO next payday to switch them with my current ones.

Posted Image

All those other "smartass" spelling variants were taken <_< so after a bit of headscratching got this one;"nt 2fast" seemed catchier than "gr8MPG".....dumping the Logo also saved me $80.

Nice choice. And compared to most other modern cars...accurate :D

Nice choice. And compared to most other modern cars...accurate :D

Yup, & hopefully the people behind me will grin wryly when they deciphper the message, :lol: I wonder why sometimes while driving the Tacoma the car in front's on a sightseeing tour while the one behind wants to race..... ;)

Arrived yesterday. I'll stop my MTO next payday to switch them with my current ones.

Posted Image

Nice! Is this your favourite cereal or do the coloured panels match the theme? ;)

Difficult for me to tell in your avatar :D

Edited by strawboss

I love the plates that everyone's chosen; they're really great. When I got my '06 green and black I started to call it Kermie. My friends said I should get that on the plate and I thought , that might be fun, until I visualized some guy yelling, is that Miss Piggy driving it! That pretty much put an end to the plate, LOL.Pam

I have INAMOOD but I had the plates before I got the smart. It is a play on my last name :) Fits Buttercup though, people point at her and then laugh at the plates :P

I love the plates that everyone's chosen; they're really great. When I got my '06 green and black I started to call it Kermie. My friends said I should get that on the plate and I thought , that might be fun, until I visualized some guy yelling, is that Miss Piggy driving it! That pretty much put an end to the plate, LOL.Pam

LOL Pam.

Posted Image

Put 'em on today. Everyone, say hello to Chocula...

post-5263-1276211208_thumb.jpg

Couple of fangs in the grille and you'd be done like dinner!

I posted above that I was waiting for payday to switch them. Actually, once the vanity plate is paid for -- which is not cheap -- there is no further cost. I brought in my old plates with a tag that is still good thru June 2011 and my new plates are good until then. For some reason I just assumed I was in for another fee and discover that the time I had paid for on the old plate wasn't transferable.

Couple of fangs in the grille and you'd be done like dinner!

I was just finishing putting the plates on when two guys came out of the MTO, stopped, looked, and then cracked up.