Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RichHelms

Visit to Raleigh, NC

6 posts in this topic

I drove my green smart cabrio to Raleigh, NC from Toronto from July 1 through July 7. I drove down Hwy 79, through 19 in West Virginia, down 77 and across 40 in NC. I lost count of the people taking pictures of my car as I drove down the highway.

Stopping at a road side rest stop was an invitation to a micro car show. I stopped at the Raleigh Mercedes dealer who had never seen one. My son drives a 2004 C230.

Pictures at Duke Univ on July 4 along with some historical sites.

I would love to hear from anyone who saw me. I met hundreds of people. The reception was very warm and friendly.

post-171-1121822453.jpg

[*]Very serene photo. No mob scene on account of it being a holiday?

[*]You got more photos coming?

Thanks!

very cool. Rich, I'll be heading down to State College, Pennsylvania on Friday for the weekend. I'll begin the mental preparation for all the questions and mobbings!

Any more pics?

Yes, I have a number. Just figuring out what I will use for the Toronto Sun article. They have first rights. I did scenic shots, none of the crouds

What was your impression of the reactions for everyone? Was it more "Oh how cute, I would never drive one!" or was it " You can get up to 100MPG? Where can I buy one?"

Down under (the US) most have become sheep and buy what the TV tells them they need. A study* was done here and it was determined that only THREE people in the ENTIRE US need an gigantic SUV to drive their fast ass to the McDonalds. All the rest of the US could get by with 1/4 of the size of the car they are currently driving.

*This study was performed by the School of wannabeejokes, which has no teachers. Your results may vary. Viod where prohibited. One size fits all. Y'all come back now ya hear!