Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SmartMovez

Our New 2007 Smart ForTwo Has Arrived!

17 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Just a quick post to let everyone know the exciting news that we have just received our first 2007 Smart ForTwo and our modifications have already started.

This will be the first of our new demo cars and over the coming months we will be using this car to design our new lines of Smart ForTwo Products.

So I hope you enjoy the photos, if you have any questions lets me know and keep checking in on our websites news section for new photos and sneak peeks of what you can expect from our new lines.

Here is a direct link to the news section regarding the new car:

http://www.smartmovez.com/shop/news.php?nID=47

Chris.

post-487-1174407005.jpg

post-1-1174407005.jpg

post-1-1174407006.jpg

post-1-1174407007.jpg

post-1-1174407008.jpg

post-1-1174407009.jpg

LOL, you do like those wide fenders!I'll add that to the list of possible parts, from what I've seen of the new Brabus ForTwo things aren't looking to exciting so it might be down to us to come up with something.Chris.

Wow... you've imported one already? That's pretty awesome! I can't wait to see some of the aftermarket goodies that will be coming!

Sorry guys but this first one is with my partner at our location in Holland, I plan to fly back shortly to get my hands on this little beastie!I'm also working on getting a second one to bring out here to the states, but one step at a time.Chris.

You may as well wait until they're official in the US (or Canada), what's the use of having a non-conforming car in the USA?

You may as well wait until they're official in the US (or Canada), what's the use of having a non-conforming car in the USA?

Doesn't the new one does conform to US standards?

Why wouldn't it qualify as a 2007 model? They aren't loosening any rules for 2008 that I know of. Will the models for the US & Canada be different than the European models (other than license plate frames)?

Why wouldn't it qualify as a 2007 model? They aren't loosening any rules for 2008 that I know of. Will the models for the US & Canada be different than the European models (other than license plate frames)?

The simple answer to if the U.S Models will be different is YES! but to what degree we will have to wait and see.Most importantly if a model of car hasn't been brought into the American market by it's manufacturer it doesn't matter that said car is also avilable else where in the world it's not made for the American market so it must be converted or leave.Chris.

Product development and testing.

Yeah but you have....what...a year before you have to crush it, or export it? Can you get manufacturer plates for the car? I assume that by doing R&D work, you mean actual on-the-road testing will be done.

When I manage to bring a 2007 model over it will be on a temporary import for one year, which will tide me over long enough until the official release but my business is Smart Cars and I've just not been complete since I sent my last two back to Europe at the end of last year.The goal of my importation is not to permanently sneak a car in but to feed my hands on need for knowledge of the new car and to prepare ourselves for when the cars are finally released rather than sitting back and hoping for the best.If we get a car over here is means we can continue designing new parts and getting feed back from the potentially largest Smart Car market to date before the car is even released.It also means we can get our heads around any potential issues or problems that may need to be resolved.Chris.

If we get a car over here is means we can continue designing new parts and getting feed back from the potentially largest Smart Car market to date before the car is even released.It also means we can get our heads around any potential issues or problems that may need to be resolved.Chris.

Sounds like a smart move to me! Why wait?

Sounds like a smart move to me! Why wait?

I'd like to think of it more of a combination of "Smart Movez" LOLChris