Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anthonykwon

Crossblade Wheels + Brabus Suspension = Pure Fun

34 posts in this topic

The wheels i've been drooling over since i first started looking at photos of smart cars... The crossblade wheels... wow.. they are simply awesome. Added to a brabus sports suspension (that also lowers the car) just makes it a complete package that i love. For anyone thinking about upgrading to wider tires, definately a YES! The new suspension makes the ride.. oh so sweet... thank you Eddy from Flying Tiger!I find myself taking corners a lot faster now.. never drove a car that handles this well before... too much fun!Thanks to DANG and DEREK for inspiring me with their cool smart cars... and Mike T for always promoting the need for wide tires... and GENT for showing us how great a sports suspension can be... :thanx:

post-523-1175138698.jpg

post-1-1175138698.jpg

post-1-1175138699_thumb.jpg

post-1-1175138700.jpg

post-1-1175138701.jpg

Man that looks sweet! Did you keep the old suspension bits?The front plate looks good too, I hope the cops leave you alone on that.Final suggestion from me would be consideration of adding EU rear fenders, but that's purely aesthetic and subjective.

I left all my suspension bits to Eddy... but i took my old styleline wheels. I couldn't believe they all fit in the back trunk space.. I'll be fitting some winter tires on them next year.Everytime a police car passes me, my heart kinda jumps.. "is this the day i'm gonna get a ticket for my front plates?" but lucky so far!the EU rear fenders are sweet.. i'll have to do that sometime in the future... :) the canadian rear pods are funny... and that reflective oval sticker on the back is just ugly... i'm tempted to remove that reflective sticker and put some decal on it or something. (but that's probably another violation of some kind)i'm undecided about the front grill... i do like the stock one since it'll be different from the more brabus style one that's on the new smart cars coming out... but the brabus one is pretty cool too... maybe i'll take Spinner's advice and try a different color on the front grill... hmmmm

Ii'm undecided about the front grill... i do like the stock one since it'll be different from the more brabus style one that's on the new smart cars coming out... but the brabus one is pretty cool too... maybe i'll take Spinner's advice and try a different color on the front grill... hmmmm

You can always paint it body color like your fender extenders. That will be custom and unique, but keeping the same style. I did that to my first coupe.Next item could be fog lights/EU turn signals. Or perhaps those black brake rotors that we have coming. They are both aesthetic and highly functional.

Your car looks great.......however mine still looks better :tongue3: I have now realized I must spend more money on it to keep up with everyone and you know who you are :tremble: dang, grandstyle 166, anthonykwon.Let's see, leather interior, Brabus steering wheel....anyone else got some ideas?The skies the limit as long as my wife doesn't find out. :peeved: Derek

I am so scared to try driving a car with wide rubber because I know I'd need to instantly buy them. :)They look fantastic.-Iain

too bad I am in Quebec, because i'd love that suspension!

I'm sure someone can do the installation in your region.We also have the Bilstein Sport Package on the way. They are the same people who make for Brabus. Only with a slightly different specification.We have also becomes the NA distributor for SW-Exclusive. They carry the KW coil over adjustable suspension for the 450 Fortwo. It was originally design for their race programme. This is something to consider for the extreme.

<cry> How come everyone else keeps building the car of my dreams?

Nice, Anthony!

Bil :sun:

I'm always trying to design a good interior upgrade.. colors scheme.. materials.. shiney bits.. non shiney bits... It's hard cuz my girlfriend really doesn't like the feel of leather upholstery.. darn! maybe i can convince her about suede leather... eventually i'll lock down on a perfect design and get that happening.. by then, DANG will probably blow us away with even more extreme mods... hehDerek, your ride still makes me envious.. love the all black look.. but i like my baygrey/black combo... second to yours... heh... i'm so glad you decided not to sell...As long as i don't tell my girlfriend the actual prices... she's ok with me customizing my car.. she's been pushing me to get a whole new crazy paint job... "new wheels? they only cost two thousand dear... you think the car seems lower? oh, i think the bigger wheels just makes it look that way.." I keep telling myself i gotta get my smart fully pimped out before i get married... cuz it'll be harder after that. :biglaugh:

The skies the limit as long as my wife doesn't find out. :peeved:

The reason I'm not getting alloy wheels: "They're a waste of money" (that's not me talking)

I have permission for the suspension upgrade (enthusiastic) but it is going to cost me a sound system upgrade (hence the enthusiasm). Eddy - I will be by to talk with you.Cheers,Cameron

if you dont mind me asking, how much was that suspension setup up you got including the installation?thanks

Is this just a guy's car? How come there is no women envy here?

Guess it's only guys who think bigger is better :D

Is this just a guy's car? How come there is no women envy here?

Guess it's only guys who think bigger is better :D
:biglaugh: I had never get the fact straight from any gals that I know :dunno:

Anthony - if you want to look at a black brabus grill in your car - I know someone that might be able to assist with that - PM me.Cheers,Cameron

Here's couple of black on black.

Darn you Eddy.Everyone please be warned that if you drop off your ride for servicing, Eddy puts fancy tires and wheels on and then taunts you with pictures of your ride all tarted up.arrrrgh. :puppy:

DieselDave just got some corelines.....come on, you know you need some!

whoa the trilines look so cool too! i think that's my second favorite next to the crossblades... mmmmmUPDATE:the new wheels and suspension... are attracting so much attention around victoria.. people ask me all the time where i got them... if it was a dealer option.. heh..I find myself driving my smart car even more.. it's like the first time i got it, and i would make little errand drives.. "oh! i need to pick up some paper towels.. be back soon! there's a sale in nanaimo"The handling is just awesome... and the lowered ride is different.. but very nice. Turning really really fast is too much fun :) boy those tires sure grip the road!I think if someone went from having a stock smart car.. then dropping it off at Eddy's... and getting back their smart car with wide wheels + sports suspension + remap .... they would be freakin amazed...anyone still thinking about it.. it's definately worth it...