Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeT

List of UAG/Penske smart USA model 451 (2008 ->) dealers

85 posts in this topic

Since word is beginning to leak out about who the official appointments to the US smart 451 dealer network are, I thought it would be good to have them all listed in one thread, for convenience.Note: smart 451 = 2008 -> fortwoPlease note that all of these have yet to be confirmed by UAG, so they should "officially" be considered to be "rumored" dealers ;)

Tommy Baker Mercedes-Benz

Bergstrom Automotive: Neenah, Appleton and Madison WI.

Mercedes-Benz of Buckhead

From the New York Times today:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/17/business...l?th&emc=th

"While Daimler will now be known mainly for Mercedes, it still plans to roll out its Smart minicar in the United States in February. Smart recently set up a Web site that allows people to make a $99 down payment to reserve one. Within six weeks, 12,000 people had done so." :yahoo:

And February IS the middle month of the "First Quarter" that has been mentioned all along...

Here is a pending list of centers in Southern California. I received this list from the Irvine "Smart road show"Smart Center Hollywood4270 Lankershim BlvdNorth Holywood CA91603Smart Center West Covina3534 North Peck RdEl Monte, CA91731Smart Center Riverside3213 Adams/Auto Center DriveRiverside,CA92504Smart Center Laguna NiguelOne Star DriveLaguna Niguel,CA92677Smart Center San Diego8282 Buckhorn StSan Diego,CA92111

Cool!Which of those are Mercedes dealers?

Cool!Which of those are Mercedes dealers?

What I heard from the road show most Smarts will be located in Mercedes dealers and some standalones. These locations are pending.

Riverside and Laguna Niguel are also MB dealers :)The Hollywood location is also a Mini dealerThe West Covina/El Monte location is also a Toyota/Scion/Lexus/Rav4EV dealerThe San Diego location looks to be a completely new dealership, neighboring the San Diego BMW & MB dealers

Just got an invitation from Mercedes-Benz of San Diego to test drive the Smart fortwo exclusively for reservation holders on June 7. This will likely be one the dealers in the San Diego area.Mercedes-Benz of San Diego4750 Kearny Mesa RoadSan Diego, CA 92111

My invitations have mentioned these two places:New Century Automotive Group4227 Lankershim Blvd.N. Hollywood, CA 91603AND Mercedes-Benz of Beverly Hills9250 Beverly Blvd.Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Riverside and Laguna Niguel are also MB dealers :)The Hollywood location is also a Mini dealerThe West Covina/El Monte location is also a Toyota/Scion/Lexus/Rav4EV dealerThe San Diego location looks to be a completely new dealership, neighboring the San Diego BMW & MB dealers

The address of the El Monte location is the same as Longo Toyota and Longo Lexus which are both owned by Roger Penske.Longo Toyota is the LARGEST (in sales) dealer in the world. They sell in exess of 20,000 Toyotas a YEAR. Their May 2007 sales figures from there website states that they sold over 2500 vehicles in just this one month. This works out to about 81 cars sold per DAY.I have bought 8 Toyotas from them over a number of years. I have put down my $99.00 deposit for a 2008 Smart but ,sorry to say, I have to cancel my orderas the new length of the SMART is over 102 inches. This makes it impossibe to fit into my trailer sideways as the legal widthis 102 inches. I will just have to stick with my 2005 Passion. I would definitely have bought my SMART from them.For all the Canadians reading this, next time you come to Southern California ( Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Universal Studios, and Magic Mountain, DUCK this is for you) stop by and have a look at this fantastic dealer. There showroom does not have any cars but many sales desks. Also Starbucks, Subway, AAA office, (CAA for you Canadians) and Enterprise Rent a Car are located nest to the parts department. There used to be a fantastic Race Car museum in the basement, but they have taken it out.If your car service is going to take longer that 3 hours, they will supply you with complimentary movie tickets to use while you wait.The thing that I really like is the paging devices they supply you with while you are waiting for your car to be serviced. This way I can wander around and I don't have to continually check back at the service desk.Check out their website for more info:http://www.longotoyota.com/HomePage

Hi, a friend in Madison, WI, sent this item on to me today:

Smart Car Dealerships To Open In State

Wisconsin State Journal :: BUSINESS :: C8

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

MARV BALOUSEK mbalousek@madison.com 608-252-6135

Smart cars are coming to Wisconsin early next year. Bergstrom Automotive of Neenah, the exclusive dealer in the state, plans to open three Smart car dealerships in Milwaukee, Madison and Grand Chute. Bergstrom Metro Auto Park in Milwaukee is expected . . .

Full text: http://www.madison.com/archives/read.php?r.../0705010504.php

Alberta

they are supposed to have 5 in the san francisco bay area; got any clues? :peeved::dunno: best, dizzzy

5??? :tremble: with the other Cali locations listed above, it would seem that 10 - 15 Cali dealers out of the 50 or so planned for the States seems rather disproportionate to me! :sniffle:

Now I'm reading quotes of 60-70 US dealers. With around 13% of all US cars being registered in California, 9 would be a fair number. I can only hope there are a few extras dealers in the western US who have inventory.Scott

I certainly hope that every city on the Road Show tour gets a dealership. As I see it if California gets 9 that leaves 51 for the rest of the USA. Thats not many considering there are 47 other states on the mainland looking for dealerships.

Just received my invitation to the San Francisco "street smart" event at the Mercedes dealer. I'm speculating that this may be one of the future Bay Area Smart dealers.Mercedes-Benz of San Francisco500 8th StreetSan Francisco, CA 94103The event is Thursday, August 16th, 1pm-7:30pmI'll be there.

I certainly hope that every city on the Road Show tour gets a dealership. As I see it if California gets 9 that leaves 51 for the rest of the USA. Thats not many considering there are 47 other states on the mainland looking for dealerships.

I wish that statement was true, but.....I walked into the sole MB dealer here in town and asked about the SmartCar and the tour (it comes to L'ville in the end of Sept). He said that their dealership considered going for a Smart dealer, but in the end decided selling 5 -10 fortwos a month wouldn't "justify the expense of the electricity". :wacko: I told him that he wouldn't have to keep any on the lot the first year, and mentioned about the 20,000 + reservations......which seemed to surprise him. In any event he thought there would be a Smart dealer in "the area" - probably not L'ville itself, but maybe somewhere in the area of Indy, Cincy and here. I hope he's wrong -maybe some independent dealer will join the Penske team. (I already checked for other Penske dealers in the state....nada) :(So I hope Louisville won't be left out

Now that I have my personal invite and confirmation of a smart dealership, please add the following MB address. Thanks, ReginaRay Catena Motor Cars910 U.S. Route OneEdison, NJ 08817732-549-6600

Does anyone have any information for Smart dealers in the state of Washington? I've been hoping they'll have at least one north of Seattle.-Tom

Have the dealers who are getting the franchises been notified yet? Launch is now less than 6 months away (hopefully). How long does it take a dealer to set up a whole new brand. Parts inventory, training, etc. Smart is not inspiring a whole lot of confidence with their beating around the bush.

Have the dealers who are getting the franchises been notified yet?

Yes. Most of the prospective dealers have been notified, and the legal paperwork is taking place right now. While they haven't been announced publically yet, they know who they are and are already beginning the process of ramping up. smart USA is very aware of the looming delivery timeline and is on track to be ready, even if it isn't publically visible.

maybe some independent dealer will join the Penske team.... So I hope Louisville won't be left out

PAG has always said that most dealers won't be PAG locations, and there is no requirement that they be a MB location. So, not too surpising that the MB dealer there isn't getting a franchise. I can't say if Lousiville will have a dealership, but there should be something reasonably close if Louisville doesn't get one.