Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeT

List of UAG/Penske smart USA model 451 (2008 ->) dealers

85 posts in this topic

Actually when I asked the Seattle dealer about repairs he told me that they want "no unhappy customers" and will do what ever it takes to keep it that way.The nearest MB dealer is 140 miles away and he said they may be able to work something out with them. I guess time will tell.Hopefully no problems!

I was wondering maybe you can purchase one in Seattle, but any service that has to be performed, have it done in Canada.At least address this question to Smart USA and see what they have to say about this. Maybe some kind of arrangement can be made. Do you know who your closest Smart Canadian dealer is?-Tom L.

I haven't heard any discussion about using Canada dealers for service on US cars. There wouldn't be a problem for non-warranty service, but warranty covered service would have go through a US dealer by my understanding. As for the non-dealer states, the dealers with responsibility for those states are already working on plans for how to take care of those customers.

Automotive News is reporting that some of the US smart centers will be opening in December!

It's been several days now since people have reportedly returned from being 'trained' to sell/service Smart cars. Has anything changed as a result of their return?I know some dealerships are nearing finishing, and some have signage posted now. Do you suppose we are all waiting for the big GRAND OPENING kickoff somewhere? There must surely be a 'target' date that at least the announcements will be made as to the official dealerships, etc.It seems that the west coast is getting a bit of an 'edge' with their Smart House and test driving of American version cars, etc. I'm not expecting the other dealerships to open their doors for business, but it would be really great if they could at least post signage stating when that is going to occur or if they would at least start contacting us giving us 'dates' when we should stop in to talk about our new vehicles, or put down a deposit or whatever's next.Anybody heard any news? There must be something that can be shared as to the NEXT step.

Add Benzel Busch Mercedes in Englewood NJ to the list of dealers. I've not spoken to anyone there but on December 10, they had a half page advertisment in The Record newspaper saying that the Smart will be avaliable in January '08.

The two smart dealers in Chicago have confirmed themselves via email response and one with a web site ... officially (as the others are) they are:

Smart Center Lake Bluff (Knauz)

and Smart Center Lincolnwood (Loeber Motors)

Loeber's site is:

Get Smart Chicago site

About the smart car dealer map:

There's really no point in posting snapshots of it. I update it as new information is available. You also can't manipulate the map to get exact locations or detailed information. Just go to the map itself. Use the link right here