Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rrrucke

Straight from UAG!!

32 posts in this topic

Same here, I made a deposit in July 2002 and got my custom-ordered car on January 8, 2005. A month or two at this point is not a lot of time, really.

Ironically, I am willing to wait further should the dealerships become scumbags and add "market adjustments" to the price of the car.

I've called most of the MB dealers around my area (south central PA) and the only dealer remotely interested in Smart is in West Chester, just outside of Philly. They havent heard anything yet. They are about 80 miles away. If I have to drive farther than that for a dealer, I might have to reconsider. I know alot of people have driven much farther to get a gray market Smart but I'm not comfortable without a nearby dealership, just in case I need one.

I've called most of the MB dealers around my area (south central PA) and the only dealer remotely interested in Smart is in West Chester, just outside of Philly. They havent heard anything yet. They are about 80 miles away. If I have to drive farther than that for a dealer, I might have to reconsider. I know alot of people have driven much farther to get a gray market Smart but I'm not comfortable without a nearby dealership, just in case I need one.

Paroyboy,If we go by the information UAG provided, Baltimore has a major sports team so I'm pretty sure you will get one. Also, don't forget that UAG is selecting dealerships outside of MB so there is still hope yet. We should know the locations in the next 3-4 months.Regina

Well Paryboy you've got another Csc member in Lancaster. Ravenwood bought one and brought it up from Maryland. No dealership up in Harrisburg? If nothing pans out I'd still jump on the Juniata Limited with check in hand, and jump off in West Chester! A slow ride back on Rt. 30 - you'll have it made. Also - maybe ravenwood has found a mechanic that they trust to work on their car...lots of possibilities here. Cmdr. Cody

Yeah, the dealer in Randallstown MD has the converted Smart now marked down to $21,995. Figure thats probably a stripped model. I checked the MB dealerships closest to Baltimore and they were all clueless about Smart so I assume they didnt apply for a franchise. I think West Chester remains my best hope.