Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeT

smart T-bones a Mercedes M-Class

40 posts in this topic

Here was the result:....minor injuries in both vehicles....

post-5-1176838841.jpg

Printed and in the bag for work tomorrow for all the goofs who wanted to know if I had seen the "other" famous smart accident photos. :whistling:

Can we get a translation? :P ie. rate of speed?

Must have been a pretty damn good speed. My guess is 70 kph judging by the damage.

Xcuse Joke - :smirk:

... and here's the translation:

Tur i oturen: Tre lätt skadade efter olycka vid Centralstationen

Vid en trafikolycka på lördagsmiddagen slog en 40-årig man runt med sin terrängbil

framför centralstationen. Vid olyckan skadades tre personer lätt, det blev kraftiga

trafikhinder vid bärgningen och räddningsinsatsen. Vid 12-tiden körde en 25-årig

smartförarinna vid Heilbronnergatan mot rött ljus vid Arnulf-Klettplatsen. Därvid

rammade hon en 40-årig mans Mercedes terrängbil, mannen talade högljutt om för

polisen att han körde mot grönt ljus i korsningen. Vid kollisionen välte terrängbilen

och kanade på taket tills den stod stilla. Föraren var oskadad, hans passagerare och

den olycksförorsakande och hennes medåkande fick lättare skador. De materiella

skadorna uppgår till c:a 45000 €. Vid bärgningen av fordonen måste körfilerna

stängas av helt i riktning Kriegsbergsgatan. Därvid uppstod trafikhinder.

post-90-1176840628_thumb.jpg

Ok so I'm impatient

Gluck in ungluck: night accident easy-hurt three with the main station.

With a traffic accident at Saturday, noon, a 40-year old man with its has itself to gel-and-dare before the main station uberschlagen (?). In the accident three humans hurt themselves easily, it came because of that salvage - and rettungsmasnahmen to substantial verkehrsbehinderungen. Towards 12 o'clock was a 25-year old smart driver, in-curved of the Heilbronners Street at the red light on the arnulf klett place. It rammed that mercedes SUV a 40-year old man, who loud indicated to the police with grun into the crossing was in-curved. By force aufprealls uberschlug gel-and-dare themselves and slipped on the roof, until it to stand came. The driver remain unverletz, his pillion passenger as well as verursacherin the accident and their front seat passenger suffered light injuries. The damage to property amount to approximately 45 000 euro. Up to the salvage the fahzeuge had to drivingtouch toward kreigsbergstrase to become completely closed. Thereupon it came to verkehrsbehinderungen.

-Iain

@ Young Boy Duck:

My hopes that Your foreignlanguagesteacher doesn't reads these forum.

I guess she would rib Your back RED. :peeved:

CcL

(Besserwisser)

Conflicted:Seeing a MB brethren in the submission pose is both exciting and somewhat sad, maybe the SUV driver will consider upgrading to a smart after the whole experience.I hope the ML driver wasn't scoffing Koffee unt strudle just before the point of impact.Uber nasty stereotyping.Note to self.....keep your wheels under you.Blair

Now this is a good thread. No grusome stuff and everybody is ok. Good pic and yes I would like to know the speeds they were going at too.

Saturday around noon there was a traffic accident that saw a 40 year-old male driver’s SUV lying on its roof in front of the main train station. In the collision, three people were slightly injuredAround noon, a 25 year-old female smart car driver ran through a red light at Heilbronner Street onto Arnulf-Klett Place. There, her smart car rammed the Mercedes SUV of a 40 year-old man, who the police indicated was traveling through a green light.Through the force of the collision, the SUV ended up on its roof. The driver was uninjured; however, his female passenger and the person who caused the collision were slightly injured.Damages are estimated at 45,000 Euros. Until the vehicles were cleared away, the local roadways were totally blocked.

Bad smart car driver, running the red light, causing an accident! However, if the victim was driving a smart (for two people in vehicle) instead of a large SUV, there's a better chance they would have been missed. The probability of accident avoidance might have been better, too, assuming he was paying more attention.I wonder if the BMW in the background was thinking, "Typical MB. I could have avoided that."And to get one other thing off my chest, I'm glad to see the myth of driver superiority on other continents taken down a peg.

Thank-you, thank-you.An outstandingly excellent post. Those other (non-smart) folks insist on asking about crash safety, and I'd rank this pic as the single most succinct I've yet seen.And it even came with an explanation in English.Again, thanks so very much!:drive:

Could you post a link where you got it from; my anti-smart friends still can't believe it! lol "Oh, it must've been doctored"; "Maybe the SUV rolled and the smart just parked nearby for a laugh..."lol I love this photo!

For criminy sake, everyone has a conspiracy theory going!! Well OK I snagged this from our friends at www.smart-forum.de in this thread, and the newspaper was the Stuttgarter Zeitung.

For criminy sake, everyone has a conspiracy theory going!!

Why are you so defensive? Are you part of the conspiracy? :tremble::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

We've been keeping a binder in our smart car with information about it. And one of the questions we get asked the most is what would happen if an SUV hit it. We never thought about it the other way around ;) So now this picture has been added to our binder to help answer that question the next time.Tom

About 1 1/2 years ago, before I got my smart, my nephew mentioned an incident he saw west of Edmonton. A smart and a larger SUV had been involved in a collision. The smart was driven to the side of the road, so they could get the flatbed tow truck in to haul the suv away. Pity that he didn't get pictures. This was one the of the things that made me do more research on the smart as a replacement for my aging Toyota (which my neighbour squished a couple of month later, anyways)MG