Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeT

smart T-bones a Mercedes M-Class

40 posts in this topic

Hey guysUrban legend has it that the moon landing was a Hollywood studio simulation....Photoshop can really play tricks on us, his head on her body etc. but for X?&*% sakes, smart really is that good, accept it, love itOne mans opinionBlair06 Phat red (really orange) power everything, tin can sound

About 1 1/2 years ago, before I got my smart, my nephew mentioned an incident he saw west of Edmonton. A smart and a larger SUV had been involved in a collision. The smart was driven to the side of the road, so they could get the flatbed tow truck in to haul the suv away. Pity that he didn't get pictures. This was one the of the things that made me do more research on the smart as a replacement for my aging Toyota (which my neighbour squished a couple of month later, anyways)MG

Actually if it was the same accident the pictures were up here - the smart was on it's side so doubt they drove it - unfortunately the smart driver was injured :sniffle: SUVhttp://www.clubsmartcar.ca/forums/viewtopi...p?p=10556#10556smarthttp://www.clubsmartcar.ca/forums/viewtopi...p?p=10138#10138Cheers,Cameronp.s. Bud wound up buying another smart - that speaks volumes to me.

:doublethumb: Maybe they should sell SUV's with really skinny tires so that they slide when hit by stronger vehicles such as the smart.

if anyone ever finds a hi res version of that picture please post it. Great candidate for computer desktop.

I just came home after dropping Gina off at the dealer (check engine light on P0401-exhaust gas recirculation insufficient).I parked beside a 2007 ML and got out at the same time as the other driver. He thought I worked for the dealer and asked me if that was the loaner car he would be getting. I told him that it was mine but he would be lucky to get a smart as a loaner, ''a fun car''. His reply. '' I wouldn't even want to get hit by a bicycle in that!'' Ahh Mr.Close Mind.It just so happenned that I have some pictures of the smart vs M on my dash that I was able to show him- no response- ''ahhh the M is the most comfortable vehicle that I own, last year I put on 50,000 kms''It might be the most comfortable vehicle but if a smart hits it on the side someone might not be too comfortable hanging upside down :biglaugh: Thanks Mike for posting those great pictures!!!!! :doublethumb:

Damages are estimated at 45,000 Euros. Until the vehicles were cleared away, the local roadways were totally blocked.

45,000 Euros? Isn't that like $90,000? OMG.

I just came home after dropping Gina off at the dealer (check engine light on P0401-exhaust gas recirculation insufficient).I parked beside a 2007 ML and got out at the same time as the other driver. He thought I worked for the dealer and asked me if that was the loaner car he would be getting. I told him that it was mine but he would be lucky to get a smart as a loaner, ''a fun car''. His reply. '' I wouldn't even want to get hit by a bicycle in that!'' Ahh Mr.Close Mind.It just so happenned that I have some pictures of the smart vs M on my dash that I was able to show him- no response- ''ahhh the M is the most comfortable vehicle that I own, last year I put on 50,000 kms''It might be the most comfortable vehicle but if a smart hits it on the side someone might not be too comfortable hanging upside down :biglaugh: Thanks Mike for posting those great pictures!!!!! :doublethumb:

How's that saying go "A picture is worth a thousand giggles" :biglaugh:

Thank you for the link you posted. There are alot of interesting pictures about Smarts involved in crashes and also other pictures catagories as listed HERE. I just noticed the Smart with the gullwing doors. Great looking! LINK.

This is sooooo Cooooollllll :doublethumb:

I am sending the photo to a friend of mine that decided to not get the Smart car and keep her Mercedes as she needs "a heaver car" :yahoo:

Thanks for the post and links :thanx: