Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rc_duffman

Diesel on I-15 and in Arizona.

10 posts in this topic

I am going to be spending the next 4 months or so in Pheonix, AZ. And am just wondering how easy it is to find diesel for the little smart. For the drive down i was just wondering how easy it is to find diesel on the highway, or if i should bring a small jerry can just in case. Let me know what you think.Ryan.

I don't think you'll have big problem... Phoenix is a fairly large city with large filling stations, and most large filling stations I've seen have at least 1 diesel pump. As for I-15, just follow the truckers ;)

Never had an issue finding diesel along any of the interstates - even out Death Valley way. Bit harder in some urban areas but not that difficult.Cheers,Cameron

Yeah, we never had any problems until we got waaaay off the beaten path - like the alien highway in Nevada - but then, there was nothing around for hundreds of klicks. Even then we found some in plenty of time.We got some crappy diesel in one little Deliverance style town where I spent some time fishing out twigs that floated to the top when I superfilled :lol:

Are you coming thru Kingman? I'll be looking for you. What color is your smart? Lots of diesel here, even at our local Safeway grocery stores, and of course at all the truck stops. Orlov lives near Phoenix, she could give you some advice, as I DID have trouble finding diesel in Phoenix. Cora

awesome! thanks for the tips. I will follow the train of truckers. Cora> I am not sure if i am coming through Kingman or not, i think my buddy and i were planning on going through the canyon roads. Although i am sure i could make a trip up at somepoint, for a smart get together.Ryan.I

Sounds good! I'll be off computer now for 4 days, but if you are around May 4,5 and 6, that's the annual Route 66 fun run. Just 600 vintage cars and ME! Make it if you can....

post-219-1177256950.gif

That cruise sounds fun! i will be working 6 days a week down their, so the only day i would be able to make it up would be on sunday the 6th. But will plan to be their forsure.