Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rrrucke

Summer Gas Prices - Here we go again!

86 posts in this topic

From ~$1.05 to ~$1.13I filled up yesterday at $0.806/LIt's really... really hard not to gloat.

Regular is $1.25 a L on Vancouver Island right now. Can $1.50 be far off? :lol:

http://www.virginiabeachgasprices.com/

this site keeps a running tab on local as prices.....

you guys have it too..

http://www.ontariogasprices.com/

Morning Schmart,

As usual you gave me some more valuable information. I checked out newjerseygasprices.com and took a look at their site. Very helpful information which I will plan to use when locating premium gas for my TL. I can't wait to use this site for the smart so I can purchase regular gas and really save. Regina

:thanx:

HFC! I just went to www.quebecgasprices.com and confirmed what I already knew, but somehow keep ignoring: the Flying J about 20 Km from my house is significantly cheaper than any place with diesel nearby, and any unleaded regular anywhere around here. I used to make the trek to that Flying J when I had the diesel VW Transporter, and calculated that I always saved just enough to make up for the 40 extra kilometers to get the fuel. But suddenly I realize that a difference of 20¢ per liter (diesel or regular) and, say, 4.0 L/100Km... I could do the round-trip two and a half times for the amount I'd save on 20 Litres!!! :D

Francesco

Regular unleaded jumped from 118.9 to 125.9 this morning in Kamloops BC at a few Shell stations !! Makes tomorrow's "International don't buy gas day" seem like it should be every day :steamed: Rick

Mike, any improvements for you running on Shell Ultra?

Wanted to ask the same thing. I haven't found any here yet -- which is funny considering the large number of TDis and smarts in the Montreal area, and thatULtra D is brewed at the Shell plant here. All I really hope is that it's priced like normal diesel, and that Flying J sources theirs from Shell (and subsequently passes along their quantity savings).

Mike, any improvements for you running on Shell Ultra?

Wanted to ask the same thing. I haven't found any here yet -- which is funny considering the large number of TDis and smarts in the Montreal area, and that Ultra D is brewed at the Shell plant here. All I really hope is that it's priced like normal diesel, and that Flying J sources theirs from Shell (and subsequently passes along their quantity savings).

I've seen 93.9 versus 121.9 in Abbotsford...Where's that spreadsheet?

Gassed up my motorcycle on the way home from work yesterday - 134.9 for premium. The diesel pump beside it was 98.9. It sure is a lot more expensive to ride the bike than drive the smart - bike uses 50% more fuel, and that fuel costs 36% more, making for a little more than double the price for the same distance (if my math is correct).

Yesterday in Kelowna: Diesel Ultra 94.9, Regular gasoline: 1.24.9 sweet! :doublethumb: B:sun:

Yesterday at Hughes in Edmonton, diesel 94.9, reg gas 116.4 I really get to laugh at the single occupant pickup trucks :biglaugh: MG

Gah why aren't the prices going up! I'm kinda mad! LOL! I filled up at a service station (well put two bucks in, to get to the next Sunoco, hehe) on 401 and it was 90 cents/L!!!!! At a highway full-service service centre!! WTF, mates?It was 97 cents at the Sunoco... but to me it's worth it.-Iain

Gas in Oliver BC is $1.229; diesel $1.079 aftermonths of being higher than petrol. heard gas is $128.9 in Kelowna-happy long wknd eh......don't care-going to vegas for a week-92 cents per liter 4 gas there after both conversions...BTW had record mpg on last tank of 374 kms/11.68 litres = 90.1 mpg;smart loves hot weather; was on US diesel-don't know if there's adifference.

Well, gas prices are up again. Most stations are about 121.4.

However, cheapest/highest gas in the area: 110.0/121.9, cheapest/highest diesel: 79.8/94.4; cheapest reported within 2 minutes of each other.

That kind of variety in pricing NEVER occurs in local parts of BC. Within seconds, every gas station here colludes with, er...matches...everyone else's price.

That is like here, too. Except the, uh, non-compete agreement is endorsed by the government in the form of a regional petroleum price-fixing board whose members consist of the BIG OIL companies and the Quebec government. Every Monday, the board determines the minimum retail price for petroleum in the Montreal region. Stations may not sell for less.

Menas,This is a sweet trailer! Unfortunately, when I went to watcherweb.com, it pulled up some naked pixs which are against company policy :banned: so I had to immediately shut it down. When I get home, where should I look on this site to get to this pix? BTW, I wonder how they drive the car out of the trailer to avoid damaging the glass or is it plexiglass? Regardless, it is very cool and thanks for sharing!Regina

Danno,I just checked again and I didn't forget the "s". Kinky pixs still coming up. U gonna get me fired! :notworking: Regina :)

Today I had a meeting with one of our VPs. I work for one of the largest airlines in the world, set to emerge from bankruptcy on 31 May. He briefly talked about our fuel plan for the next three years. Our cost projections are based upon fuel with oil at US$75 a barrel for the rest of 2007. The Company forecasts $65 for 2008 and under $60 for 2009. We are hedged at roughly $5 lower than that over the course of the plan. Taking indexing into account, if those number prove accurate that would translate into gasoline prices gradually falling from today's levels over the next three years.

I love this - last night while filling up, buddy in an SUV beside me pressed the wrong grade of fuel... spent the whole time cursing how expensive his fill was going to be! Bwa haa haa :D-Iain

I love this - last night while filling up, buddy in an SUV beside me pressed the wrong grade of fuel... spent the whole time cursing how expensive his fill was going to be! Bwa haa haa :D-Iain

Did he not think to start over? You could also agree with him, especially about what a drag it is that it is costing us almost $20 to fill our tanks. :devil:MG

Diesel is 93.9 cents a litre in Chilliwack while gas is 121.9 cents a litre. Also have a Petro Canada smart card good for 10 cents a litre off for 200 litres thanks to Peter at MB Richmond so have been paying 10 cents less per litre.Roy