Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smart142

Convoy to the Niagara cruise, Sunday June 10th, 2007

56 posts in this topic

As in years past, if you want to travel in a group to the Niagara cruise, please sign on.Meeting at the Huskey: 0700 hrs, to make the 0830 start.One stop in Burlington- 0800- Ikea parking lot, to meet up with more smartiesTIMES WERE CHANGED (May29) 1. smart142&Alexandra

Hey smart 142, love to convoy, but I'll be blowing out of London around 6:00 am, after filling up with some Gold at Wellington and Exeter!

WOW!! You are the early bird! It would be hard to get the troops to agree to an early start like that :zoink:

Are coming through the Hammer on the way, or taking a different route. If the former, maybe a bunch of us at the west end of the Lake could meet you somewhere to join up with your convoy.

Are coming through the Hammer on the way, or taking a different route. If the former, maybe a bunch of us at the west end of the Lake could meet you somewhere to join up with your convoy.

You could count me in for that one too.

By my calculations, the London convoy would be passing by the Fairview mall,403/QEW at 0830 hrs. We could make a stop at the Ikea parking lot to meet up.It is another 30 minutes to Mark's parking lot. Thoughts?

1. smart142&Alexandra 2. cheese4 & Michelle3. Diesel Dave & Pam (Burlington, Ikea)4. kwaldron & Judi (Burlington, Ikea)

1. smart142&Alexandra 2. cheese4 & Michelle 3. Diesel Dave & Pam (Burlington, Ikea) 4. kwaldron & Judi (Burlington, Ikea)5. tim001ca & Lisa I know it was last min... sorry :sniffle:

1. smart142&Alexandra 2. cheese4 & Michelle 3. Diesel Dave & Pam (Burlington, Ikea) 4. kwaldron & Judi (Burlington, Ikea) 5. tim001ca & Lisa 6. Buddha (steve + jackie) breaker breaker...looks like we got us a convoy !!!!!

1. smart142&Alexandra2. cheese4 & Michelle3. Diesel Dave & Pam (Burlington, Ikea)4. kwaldron & Judi (Burlington, Ikea)5. tim001ca & Lisa6. Buddha (steve + jackie)7. plaincorgi & Sam (Burlington, Ikea)

1. smart142&Alexandra2. cheese4 & Michelle3. Diesel Dave & Pam (Burlington, Ikea)4. kwaldron & Judi (Burlington, Ikea)5. tim001ca & Lisa6. Buddha (steve + jackie)7. plaincorgi & Sam (Burlington, Ikea)8. OTISthecat & Lisa ( Sarnia)

1. smart142&Alexandra2. cheese4 & Michelle3. Diesel Dave & Pam (Burlington, Ikea)4. kwaldron & Judi (Burlington, Ikea)5. tim001ca & Lisa6. Buddha (steve + jackie)7. plaincorgi & Sam (Burlington, Ikea)8. OTISthecat & Lisa ( Sarnia)9. PassionateaboutRUBY & ol' Dave (Burlington, Ikea)

The Ikea lot seems perfect. Lots of space and it's right by the hwy ramps.

Careful with those ramps:

The exit to Fairview St., that lands you beside IKEA, can be reached from 403 east-bound (follow FAIRVIEW exit). It can also be reached from 407 tollway westbound (also follow FAIRVIEW exit).

You cannot get off the (combined) QEW/403 westbound at Fairview. If coming by this HWY, exit at Brant St; come south to Plains Rd *, west to Maple, south to Fairview, west to IKEA (5 ins from the exit). (If you miss Brant Street, better just stay on QEW and proceed to St. Catharines, unless you know Burlington.

If you are coming along QEW from the Skyway bridge, you can exit at Fairview, turn left to IKEA.

From IKEA, Diesel is right, we can jump back onto QEW Niagara-bound.

* Sunoco Diesel at intersection Brant & Plains Rd.

1. smart142&Alexandra 2. cheese4 & Michelle 3. Diesel Dave & Pam (Burlington, Ikea) 4. kwaldron & Judi (Burlington, Ikea) 5. tim001ca & Lisa 6. Buddha (steve + jackie) 7. plaincorgi & Sam (Burlington, Ikea) 8. OTISthecat & Lisa ( Sarnia) 9. PassionateaboutRUBY & ol' Dave (Burlington, Ikea10. Dave & Cha Cha (London)

. smart142&Alexandra 2. cheese4 & Michelle 3. Diesel Dave & Pam (Burlington, Ikea) 4. kwaldron & Judi (Burlington, Ikea) 5. tim001ca & Lisa 6. Buddha (steve + jackie) 7. plaincorgi & Sam (Burlington, Ikea) 8. OTISthecat & Lisa ( Sarnia) 9. PassionateaboutRUBY & ol' Dave (Burlington, Ikea 10. Dave & Cha Cha (London)11. Silver Blue (Pat and Paula) - Burlington, Ikea

June 10th cruise 1. smart142&Alexandra 2. cheese4 & Michelle 3. Diesel Dave & Pam (Burlington, Ikea) 4. kwaldron & Judi (Burlington, Ikea) 5. tim001ca & Lisa 6. Buddha (steve + jackie) 7. plaincorgi & Sam (Burlington, Ikea) 8. OTISthecat & Lisa ( Sarnia) 9. PassionateaboutRUBY & ol' Dave (Burlington, Ikea 10. Dave & Cha Cha (London) 11. Silver Blue (Pat and Paula) - Burlington, Ikea12. wee dsl (Nelson&Marg)-London

We'll see you in St. Catharines at Mark's as we're going over the day before to visit friends and will be staying at the Travelodge in St. C. on the 9th and 10th. Looks like a great convoy!!Enjoy :doublethumb: Alberta

Meeting the Caravan from Quebec:

Because we are coming from Quebec, we have to plan our departure on June 9, go as far as possible the first day and find lodging for Saturday night. We were thinking about lodging in Niagara Saturday night. Perhaps, we should find lodging on our way and join you Sunday morning for the parade to Niagara.

Let me check with the Quebecois what are their intentions on that.

Any suggestion on this?

This is one that I'm not going to miss! I'll join in at my usual 401/19 interchange at Ingersoll as you go by. At the speeds I'm driving these days for super mileage I should probably leave home by 5:00 :lol:June 10th cruise 1. smart142&Alexandra 2. cheese4 & Michelle 3. Diesel Dave & Pam (Burlington, Ikea) 4. kwaldron & Judi (Burlington, Ikea) 5. tim001ca & Lisa 6. Buddha (steve + jackie) 7. plaincorgi & Sam (Burlington, Ikea) 8. OTISthecat & Lisa ( Sarnia) 9. PassionateaboutRUBY & ol' Dave (Burlington, Ikea 10. Dave & Cha Cha (London) 11. Silver Blue (Pat and Paula) - Burlington, Ikea 12. wee dsl (Nelson&Marg)-London 13. Smarting & Phyllis

Joyce and I will likely join you at the 401/59 interchange. We will not be sure until the last minute so don't stop or wait for us - if we aren't at the side of the 401 we may have left the day before and stayed overnight or just were unable to meet up.Hope to be part of the "Congo"