Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike T

Second Thursday of the Month - Mid-Island Drop-in Meeting!

549 posts in this topic

We had a nice 5 person club meeting in the Crow and Gate tonight. Temperature outside was minus 5 with a skiff of snow on the ground, but the fires were on, the company was good and the food excellent as usual.

What do you all say about a get together in Nanaimo on Thursday the 12th? Can Alan make it with his new Canada 1? Ideas for a location?

Im up for it.I pic up the C1 today :thumbsup_anim: then it spends next week in Victoria getting a new windshield. If you want to wait a week I can bring the C1, otherwise I will bring Island Girl.Alan

OK I would be game to do it a week later!

How about Friday the 20th instead of the Thursday?

We are confirmed for the Crow & Gate pub in Cedar for 7 PM on Wednesday June 18, 2014.Two of the four Canada 1 cabriolets and a numeric blue car cabriolet will be there. We hope to see some others too!(You do mean two of the three cabriolets! ;) )

Edited by smartzuuk

It was a good meeting tonight, and the two Canada 1s were reunited again!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Who is the idiot that sold the red car? ;)(PS - I think my Subaru Impreza will be gone before month end in a lease takeover, which will leave Cynthia and I with just one car. We'll make do with that for about three months I think, and then who knows....)

How about something either the first or second week in September, near Duncan or Nanaimo? Any interest?

I'm interested. Probably any time and any place, I'm smartless of course. Have you contacted For2? Seem to prefer non-smart vehicles these days!

Hey Randy is Smartless! Comes with age losing your your Smarts? :o)

Yes would love to! We are free the second week, just guessing we should let all the crazy people return from the long weekend.

Ok great, so that is 11 September, now the question is: where?

How about Crow&Gate, or Longwood, or even Saltair?

Ya sounds great to me!

Randy??

It was a nice evening...Ray and Phyllis came down from Nanaimo in their Lil One smart, in fact they were the only ones who brought their smart. Ray was in his CsC t shirt too. We drove the B200 because Julia had the smart, and Cal and Muriel brought their Can Ams (his and hers) and Pingu was in his Nissan!

Mike, I was actually driving the Mirage. You missed it because you can't see a mirage at night. lol. Nice to see everyone again and catch up on what's happening.

We had seven out tonight for the Crow and Gate Pub smart get-together: Mike T, Sandy T, Cal, Muriel, Randy, Ray and Phyllis. We made a promise to ourselves to do it again in the spring, so if you are interested, watch this page as I will post details well in advance.

Let's see if we can line something up for later in August. Ideas?

Well, we ran out of time.  Regroup in September sometime.  Watch this space....