Xandria

smart Car Sightings (post pictures or VIN if you have)

2,363 posts in this topic

I'm out at my sister's dressage stables (Foxcroft Farms) at the moment and I've spotted one. Can't upload the pic just now, but it's on the way!

12h30: Collins + Aikman parking lot, Laird Road, Guelph > Silver/Blue Passion Cabrio

17h30: King St @ Fairway, Kitchener > Silver/Red Passion Coup?

17h32: Fairview Mall, Kitchener > Black/White Pure Cabrio (same one that's always there)

-Iain

I'm out at my sister's dressage stables (Foxcroft Farms) at the moment and I've spotted one. Can't upload the pic just now, but it's on the way!

sha-ZAM

post-74-1123562734.jpg

post-1-1123562734.jpg

12h30: Collins + Aikman parking lot, Laird Road, Guelph > Silver/Blue Passion Cabrio

17h30: King St @ Fairway, Kitchener > Silver/Red Passion Coup?

17h32: Fairview Mall, Kitchener > Black/White Pure Cabrio (same one that's always there)

-Iain

I think the red one that you saw is the red one that I always see around... and either it lives close to me or it likes to visit that house a lot... I left them a note too, but no one likes to jion when i leave them notes :(

As a reminder, if you spot a fortwo and have the means of writing down the last 6 digists of the VIN# (at the base of the winshield, driver's side) without being creepy, Mike T would like to know this information, along with a car description, by PM.

Spotted two the other day...

One was a black passion coupe travelling south on 124 street off of Stony Plain Rd...

That was me having tea at Steeps...

Spotted Yeti's car again at work... Noticed the back plastic plugs are missing, probably for his PPG...

Eddie

As a reminder, if you spot a fortwo and have the means of writing down the last 6 digists of the VIN# (at the base of the winshield, driver's side) without being creepy, Mike T would like to know this information, along with a car description, by PM.

I left a note for the owner to check out the website, maybe she'll cough up the numbers for ya...

I was heading out to Langley again this morning and I saw this one outside a paint store on the Langley Bypass.

post-74-1123635977.jpg

I saw a blue and silver one (a coupe, I believe) on Homer Watson Blvd on the way home tonight, around 6pm, he waved and I honked back...license plate said "smartcar" (Ontario plate) and it had an Enterprise sticker on the rear window, so I guess it was a rental.

Silver/Silver Passion blew past me on 401 out of nowhere last night on my way home from work! Must have had it floored :) Didn't have a chance to catch up.

-Iain

Ran into two other smarts in Chinatown today...I was turning onto Northbound Centre St. from 3rd Ave. while a steam green pulse cabrio motored its way North Centre St. and a black/black cabrio going south on Centre St.

Spotted a silver one heading south waiting at the lights on 66th street at 5:30am...

I don't think they spotted me, even with all the lights flashing and horns going off... And hand frantically waving out the window...

Someday, someone will spot me!

Eddie

Turns out that "Enterprise" smart I saw the other day is just someone being cheeky. My wife works with the wife of one of the regional managers; he said that fellow rents a lot of cars from Enterprise and at some point he got a sticker, so he stuck it on his smart and now they get calls all the time from people seeing the smart with the sticker and wanting to rent it. I guess he should just send them to Toronto instead (assuming the ones Spinner saw are real rentals). :barbie:

Spotted a white / silver travelling on Hwy 97 headed east towards Hwy 6 South, anyone here ??

There was much light flashing.......... :smart:

Spotted a silver/silver passion yesterday at Windermere Rd and Richmond, just east of the hospital.

Also spotted one near the MB dealer. Can't remember the model but the license plate was "SMART MAN"

-Kirk.

Hmm. What's one of these doing here? It taunts us with the panels you're not supposed to order because they're no longer made and sleek regular Euro body and the forbidden closeness by which I could get. I took this quickly, because someone from MB was staring at me for hovering around a B 200 moments earlier. :lookaround:

That looks like the 2002 model I test drove in Victoria back in early July 2002.

Yeah, I think that's the same car that MB had used as a promo vehicle for some time. It spent the better part of last summer in Montreal.

I'd love to trade panels and my styline wheels for those panels and starline wheels...

They'd be pretty hawt for a while...

Eddie