Xandria

smart Car Sightings (post pictures or VIN if you have)

2,363 posts in this topic

I got the last 6 of the VIN of the BRABUS special BoConcept 451 at the Vancouver Auto Show today. It's a Canadian market Tailor Made car and its last 6 is: 662980.

Saw Tardis fly by at right angles yesterday in downtown Waterloo on our way out of town!We were out for a 400 km run exploring Ontario, beautiful weather for it!-Iain

Spotted...well kinda 296031 with Burgandy kinda panels, forget the Tridion. Passion, Soft Touch, No Paddles, No Heated Seats, Had Power Mirrors I think. Was in nice looking shape, being sold by JP Motors in Burlington for $7000. Jiffy Lube sticker was 2000km over due, Maitainence Light 26500km overdue, oil very over filled, A/C not working, recent work done around EGR Valve.I was doing an e-test, my first smart car of the almost 4000 etests with new machine. I know the Car Jockey for the dealership as he comes in 10-20 times a day.I ran the test and it passed fine, ABS, ESP and Brake lights all came on during test...and stayed on. Not sure how long they stayed on for as I was being pushed to get the next 15 etests done.

Spotted...well kinda 296031 with Burgandy kinda panels, forget the Tridion. Passion, Soft Touch, No Paddles, No Heated Seats, Had Power Mirrors I think. Was in nice looking shape, being sold by JP Motors in Burlington for $7000. Jiffy Lube sticker was 2000km over due, Maitainence Light 26500km overdue, oil very over filled, A/C not working, recent work done around EGR Valve.

That sounds like they should shave one of those zeros off the price :unsure:

Thanks for spotting that. Sounds like a car to avoid!

So rare to cross paths with another 450 in the States... phat red coupe with Ontario plates: Did I see you on Route 2 in Vermont on Tuesday morning? I was headed to Burlington via Swanton in my phat red cabrio, you were headed towards Rouse's Point, NY. :)

Took a look at 296850 today. 2006 Pure no factory options, tinted windows, new eco contact tires, 56,700 km. Asking price is a little on the high side. It is one of the quietest running cdi I think I have ever heard.

I had already got that car in 2012 somehow but it's interesting that it runs more quietly.

Took a quick look at 204708 last night while I was in Stratford. There are some glaring errors in the listing.

2005 Pulse Cabrio, Stream Green, matching interior, A/C looked to be the only option.

The only front wheel drive fortwo ever made.Bil :sun:

Spotted these two Roadsters in Oslo today. The black one was in town, the red one coming down a road near the Holmenkallen Ski Jump.

post-4936-1370987839_thumb.jpg

post-4936-1370987876_thumb.jpg

Saw a Red 450 Cabrio in Williams Lake this morning!One of the local business (Red Tomato Pie Pizza) has a company 450 Coupe wrapped in graphics.

Saw a silver frame / black paneled 451, another black frame / red paneled 450, silver/blue (couldn't tell if 451 or 450, was on the highway going opposite direction) all on my way into work this morning between Morinville AB. and Edmonton AB. And the black and orange wrapped one. Plus one of the other patrons of the office building has a silver/black 450.it's a Smart World out there!

I think I keep seeing a black 451 brabus at coxwell and occonner in Toronto most mornings.. Sounds great.. I never get a long enough look at the car tho.. I dont like to post licence plates... but its something Smart related...

Out and about in the Cabrio today and spotted two twins to "Bruised" (blue/black) in car lots. One (an '06 Pulse with dark tint glass roof) was very clean inside and out with low mileage (84,xxx kms.) and the other looked like it had seen a lot of time in the boonies. The second one even had the dark tinted windows like mine, but the interior was terribly dirty. (154,xxx kms. and $4,999)So tempted to grab the '06.If anyone is interested in seeing them, PM me and I will give you the info about where they are.

post-14844-0-02492400-1420271242_thumb.jpg

Drove it from Toronto to Calgary then piggy backed it to Victoria.

2005 Diesel J174383

I made a post on a different topic so some duplication.

Car has been rebuilt from ground up. 2nd Gen would have been simpler but it is too long to carry transversely.

1 person likes this

Every day at work there is a smart car, I don't think I've ever seen it move in the 7 months our company has been at this location, but its presence probably put the idea of buying a smart car in my subconscious. 

My black car, their white car.

work1.jpg

work2.jpg

I had an all black 451 follow me from the east end of Mitchell to the west end of Sebringville this afternoon.

vlcsnap-00001.jpg

Edited by Huronlad
photo added

I did not stop to collect the VIN but there is an all silver 450 Coupe located at a used car lot on Hwy 23 between Listowel and Palmerston.

1 person likes this

In the short time I've been interested and in the Smart car world i have seen 8 Smarts in my local area....trying to get a club going to meet them etc etc.....I talked to 3 or 4 before buying my Smart and have seen the others driving.  Did the typical intrusive thing, run up to them and ask all the typical questions looking for the real answers before buying one. So fingers crossed, but now they seem elusive...lol