Xandria

smart Car Sightings (post pictures or VIN if you have)

2,363 posts in this topic

Collecting the VINs is not really super important now that we have them all!  But updates are still made if a car is spotted. 

1 person likes this

No photos,  but I saw a red 450 cabrio and a black 451 passion coupe pass by on Hwy 8 while I was working in Sebringville this afternoon. 

In the process of buying a second 2005 CDi.....I'm infected...!

1 person likes this

Spotted this one last weekend.  I wonder what kind of fertilizer would be appropriate...

2018-05-05 Grassy Smart.jpg

2 people like this

Astro turf...I bet!

Lokks neat all the same...lol

The body's I have seen as semi concept cars on youtube were amazing to say the least.   Check out Smart Car kit cars or bodies.....Someone has photoshopped real life muscle cars and classics into the shape and wheel length of a Smart Car....some would be fantastic if we could make them...IMHO.

Saw a 450 up in Markham that had dual exhausts with twin tips. Had a wrap for some company that I thought had something to do with auto auctions but nothing on google, wish I was a bit faster with my camera.

Who's got the 450 Cabrio painted OD green on a black frame, with the shark-face nose art?

1 person likes this

Wish I had saved the ad info which might have narrowed down where it was for sale. I looked at some of the other pix I saved from the Ad and it has a Glassford Jeep license holder. That dealer is in Ingersol Ontario which is between London and Woodstock.

05ee2ec1-903a-4097-b243-eec049873057.jpg

Edited by niteshooter

Anyway the paintjob looked sharp, but for some reason the back plastic window was all loose and weird, looked like a shower curtain. Not sure what would cause it to go like that unless it had been replaced at some time with poor quality plastic or if it was sewn in weird. 

The best way to deal with those rear plastic windows I was told by a canvas guy was to sew in a zipper and then make a window that uses a zipper to allow it to be removable, makes it easier to replace and he said something about using a harder plastic..?  I don't know but was asking about it for my brother's convertable, not a smartcar.....but they were known for rear windows blowing out at speed..?  Bad glue between window and top..

Last week I had a 450 coupe drive past the Post Office in Dublin, ON.  This past Saturday caught 450s and a 451 on the dashcam.

vlcsnap-4471-04-12-12h33m55s573.png

vlcsnap-8753-06-23-00h09m36s493.png

vlcsnap-8871-04-15-14h28m24s083.png

4779B34C-387F-4D80-8946-E8FC57283658.jpegI love my 2009 Melon Third Edition coupe!  Just got it yesterday.  Ticket off another thing on my bucket list.

Edited by kcameron2

Saw a blue and black 450 parked right in the Foundry area of Toronto today..  had a trailer ball hitch on the back of it... so I know this person must be here!!

I had a quick question about what this car has on it it seems like an extra extension to the rear end I was looking for a trailer hitch for my 450 which I found out I guess it doesn't exist I have to make my own and I saw this and I thought it was neat but what is it ?where did he get it ?it's connected to a forum but it doesn't really say anything about it

displayimage.gif

I cant remember the name, but there a bolt on/clamp on extension for the 450.  Briefly available here, but horrifically expensive as I recall.

1 person likes this

Pam Anderson who was on Baywatch many years ago is our neighbour and we see her car practically every day.  For example, when we did the 3.5 km walk into town today, there it was parked on First Avenue.  But her property is 3 metres from ours so we see it daily.

It's a 453 electric, white on white.  I'll snag a photo sometime but I don't want to be accused of being a member of the paparazzi.  In case you are thinking that car and the Green Party stickers are proof that she's super-eco, she also has an all white Mercedes G63 V8.

1 person likes this

The next time we're over visiting my brother and sister-in-law on Salt Spring Island, we definitely plan to do more driving and hiking around Vancouver Island, up to (and beyond) Nanaimo. We'll have to swing by and say hi!

Just curious; do we have any idea how many/rare 450s are that are still on the road?  Given that they are all at least 15 years old at this point, I'd guess they would either have to be pampered summer cars, or been lucky to live in a snow/salt free environment.  Our blue one (Squish) has completely rusted out (the jack poked a hole in the trideon the last time I tried to jack it up).  Our black one (Darth, with the roadster rims) is still working and will hopefully be back on the road this summer.