Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xandria

smart Car Sightings (post pictures or VIN if you have)

2,321 posts in this topic

Black and silver fortwo with "G BIRD" license plates, parked on College St. in Little Italy in Toronto around 8pm on Saturday (July 16). Anyone we should know?

Saw a blue and silver in Superstore parking lot NW Calgary on Saturday. The VIN looked familiar, seems I should know this owner.

Also saw a red/black headed east on Country Hills (right beside Superstore) earlier the same day. First red/black I've seen in Calgary - except for ours of course.

The VIN looked familiar....

Do tell! :beerchug:

Went to First Markham Place (Hwy. 7 & Woodbine) for din-din this evening, and within minutes of parking, a stream green/twister green pulse coup? finds an adjacent parking. I didn't meet the Asian driver, but carded his "JIM WIN"-plated car:

This doesn't really count as a spotting because I saw it at the dealer. We have seen cars built in almost any configuration possible but, I just saw one that was a bit of a surprise. At the back of the Burlington dealer's lot, I saw a passion coupe with solid roof. It had just arrived (no PDI done) and is already gone. So far, I have only seen this on the pure coupe. Anyone else here seen one? Got one?

Three Point Motors in Nanaimo had a phat red passion with black tridion, solid roof a very short while ago. It was available to walk-ins....and now it's gone (presumably sold).

in 2 days i saw 3 smarts. Two were on Wednesday and they were phat red and driving down fisher hallman road in waterloo/kitchener. I saw one, and then a less than 5 minutes later I saw another drive by, I was driving Ernie at the time.

The other one i saw was Thursday on Highway 8 in kitchener. I was driving towards cambridge for work and the other was driving towards Kitchener. I waved every time, but I dont think the other ones saw me :( Oh well

I see a smart every once in a while in the parking lot of the Social Science Centre at UWO, here in London. I believe it's a white/black passion. Seeing it there was one of my inspirations for getting a smart in the first place.

I've also seen a green cabrio smart in the same area...very nice.

The other one i saw was Thursday on Highway 8 in kitchener. I was driving towards cambridge for work and the other was driving towards Kitchener. I waved every time, but I dont think the other ones saw me :( Oh well

If it was sometime around 9-9:30am that was probably me. I had just dropped my wife off at work on Hespeler Rd. and was heading to Waterloo. I didn't see anyone waving (but I don't watch the other side of the road either), unfortunately. I'll try to keep an eye out next time I'm making that trip.

I had a sighting of my own on Wednesday, a metallic blue coming out of a parking lot onto Columbia at around 4pm. I waved and he waved back. :)

A phat red pure coup? with glass roof was parked at Bayview Village (Bayview & Sheppard Ave. East, Toronto) around 5:30pm today, with plates DINKYCAR and Tweety Bird grippy steering wheel cover. I very briefly approached the driver (who isn't the owner) and carded him.

Forget about this... couple of days ago I saw a yellow SecuriGuard fortwo patrol vehicle on Foul Bay Rd. Looked good! And the occupant looked happy. I'll try to get a photo.

A phat red pure coup? with glass roof was parked at Bayview Village (Bayview & Sheppard Ave. East, Toronto) around 5:30pm today, with plates DINKYCAR and Tweety Bird grippy steering wheel cover. I very briefly approached the driver (who isn't the owner) and carded him.

I saw this car in my neighbourhood in Hamilton about a month ago. It was black and red and shined up nicely. I pulled up beside it for a short chat with the friendly woman driving it.

Saw a red/silver last night heading towards Vineland on Victoria flashed the high beams on the truck but probably just confused the poor driver into thinking there was a speed trap ahead......... anyone here ??

Gotta phonecall from a friend today...

Yunn was spotted on 118 Ave and 123 Street in Edmonton...

Also forgot to mention... Met "Charlie" the other day who has a star blue passion like mine, minus the leather but with softouch...

And on a sidenote... I think more people are asking me about my car now, then when I took delivery 5 months ago...

Eddie

Almost every day on my drive home, I see the same Black/White pure cabrio. It's always sitting off by itself against a curb island in the Wal Mart parking lot of Fairview Mall, here in Kitchener. Well, today, it had a friend!

Things like this make me smile so huge. Can't wait to be a part of this!

-Iain

post-201-1123352145.jpg

post-1-1123352145.jpg

post-1-1123352146.jpg

I have never seen it there before, but I dont really look at the parking lot on my way to work (in cambridge) but i drive past there every day...well every week day.

I think cait needs some cards......... let me know and I will drop you some off.....

I think cait needs some cards......... let me know and I will drop you some off.....

Juicy fruit wrappers just arent going to cut it. I would appreciate it SO much if you had some cards to spare! I think I've mentioned it somehwere before, but perhaps we could arrange a k-w smart meeting.... But you're not really in k-w....OR you could just drop them off on my car one day, But i dont get to work until ~3:20 pm because I work the afternoon shift

Thread Jack: Just wondering, but how does one go about finding a company to advertise for? I want to get paid to drive my smart haha!

I'm liking this idea Justin...

I too would love to be a rolling billboard...

But for some cool technologically advanced product that is the envy of geeks like me!

Nothing's worse then getting stuck with smart vinyl wrapped advertising... TAMPAX!

That would soooo draw some unwanted attention my way...

Eddie

LOL! IF tampax wants to advertise on mine, they better pay me a pretty penny for all of the times I'll have to look at other drivers with the "what the hell you lookin at?" face haha!

lets not be down on tampax.... i jsut wouldnt want to be driving a tampon mobile