Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xandria

smart Car Sightings (post pictures or VIN if you have)

2,346 posts in this topic

I did not take this picture but thought that I would post it here as it is a rare Numeric Blue.......... on Florida plates.

post-62-1189793338.jpg

I did not take this picture but thought that I would post it here as it is a rare Numeric Blue.......... on Florida plates.

Not sure who took this picture but do know its was taken in San Diego on the 52 fwy. I've also spotted the exact smart a few times during the last 6 months in the area.

I've been going past numerous smarts lately that pay no attention to me - no wave, not even a passing glance. Most recently was this afternoon - a stream green around Falkland. Him heading towards Kamloops, me towards Vernon. Not sure if he was just lost in his own world, or not an enthusiast.

It's happened to me a few times and on one occasion, even when I was travelling beside one, the driver, never even bothered to look over (and it wasn't like I was hiding in her blindspot either).Oh well.The majority though have kindly waved back to me, so they (the true enthusiasts) are out there.

These "pre owned" cars were photographed in Stuttgart in September 2005.The yellow one was on the street and that was when I fell in love with the Smart! :doublethumb:

post-3853-1190068592.jpg

post-1-1190068592.jpg

post-1-1190068593.jpg

post-1-1190068594.jpg

post-1-1190068595.jpg

post-1-1190068596.jpg

post-1-1190068597.jpg

post-1-1190068598.jpg

Saw 4 GK's on a transport truck turning onto US1 in Melbourne, Floridathis morning. I was headed the other way or I would have followed.This was the first time that I have even seen one.... wish that it was a closer view!! :tremble:

I see smarts on the roads most days now, but figure I will still report unusual ones.

Last nite saw a white/silver passion with Alberta Environment logo on the doors, and "smart for the environment" printed front and back. Around the fuel cap was "3.78l/100km" (it might have been 3.8, it was dark and raining).

The kids were waving madly from the back seat of the echo, but not sure if the smart driver waved back.

I did a quick search on the Alberta Environment site, and found this picture.

MG

CT,Thanks for sharing this photo. Cute color but I'm not diggin those rims (no offense to those you may like them). I like chrome/alloy/ice ice baby to spice up the car. Those look like old hubcaps.Regina:)

I don't like that color at all nor the tires, those look like hub caps on steelies to me, not sure from the pic. Thanks for sharing tho.Spotted today a red and black that I haven't seen before in the missoin area. The reason I mention this one is because a lady stopped me just before my appointment yesterday at my doctors and started asking how I liked the car. She said her son and daughter inlaw got one and they love it and if she didn't need three seats now and then she would be on it to get one as well because of their comments and hearing others she asks say they like it so much. I asked her if they were on this site, she said she didn't think so and I told her to tell them to check us out and this could be the new one I spotted. I would hope they are here and will reply if so. There are so many here now though and when I see one I think I haven't seen before it makes me so excited :yahoo: I was on the road for about 30 mins total driving time and I saw 4 total today plus me.

That's Aqua Green, another of the rare cubic print colours. I saw one this summer when I was in Paris. I thought it looked great. I think only the earlier smarts had that option. That car is dirty and the hubcap covered steelies that were so common then don't help.

Ha, I thought that was a 2008 model from the looks of the head lights. Also is it me or does he have no signal lights on the front, it looks so plain on the front end.

European car colour choices are generally light years ahead of the colours available here. My wife and I always marvel about just how many colour options available in North america seem to be inspired by floor tile swatches :sniffle:

last night in London ON, spotted a white/silver passion (nice colours!) at Wonderland & Oxford, about 9:45 pm. It was too dark to see the license; anyone here?

I saw an early passion in black today - no softouch, sunroof - in Nanaimo; it was unremarkable other than the fact that the Halifax lads had forgotten to take one of the Euro turn signal bulbs out during the conversion work in late 2004, so one headlight unit was a fried egg and the other was albumen only.

Posted Image

That's my number one favourite smart. Perfection; old headlights, black grille, steelie rims with the disc caps. Unghhhhhhhh!! I want this :(

-Iain

Are there any purple smart colours in Europe? I ask, because when I announced to firends that I was now a "smartie", one misunderstood, thought I referred to the candies, and said she likes purple best. In which case, I rather have to send her a pic of a purple smart car ;)

I don't know whether purple was ever a standard colour option or not. There is this one on smartcarofamerica.com:

Posted Image

Thanks for the purple smart photo! I'll have fun with that one. Got pics today of a local smart for sale (VW dealer that periodically gets smarts), will post as soon as Rogers FINALLY sends me the cable to upload data from my cell phone. (Grr). Will also post photos of my cutie then...