Xandria

smart Car Sightings (post pictures or VIN if you have)

2,346 posts in this topic

It popped up from out of nowhere and I didn't see when it left. Maybe a visitor from up north. I must say when i was in Seattle last week there were plenty of 450 fortwo's buzzing around downtown.

Must be my lucky day. Saw four on the stretch of road going the opposite direction!450 Bay Grey Passion450 River Silver/Black Tridion451 White Passion Cab450 Star Blue Passion

Saw this orange smart at Silver City Richmond on Friday night.post-2762-1202611055_thumb.jpgpost-2762-1202610948_thumb.jpgSaw this Grey smart on the way home today on Highway 10It was for sale 2005 I think it was $15,500post-2762-1202610981_thumb.jpgSorry for the poor pics but those are the quality pics courtesy my iPhone

I think I just found the mother of all spottings...! I was at FutureShop with some friends in Toronto on Queensway (near IKEA Etobicoke), and as we pulled into the parking lot I shrieked and pointed! Buddy thought he hit someone. :)

GAS fortwo, imported from EUROPE! Somewhere crazy like Russia or Tunkjuigkdsjkjistan. No idea. Check it:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

-Iain

I saw a really sweet looking smart at the Esso on King St. on the way to the CIAS this weekend.

All black, except for two bright blue racing stripes up the center of the car, and a BRABUS front spoiler.

The smart logo on the front was replaced with an old school MB logo that looked like this: Posted Image

I think I just found the mother of all spottings...! I was at FutureShop with some friends in Toronto on Queensway (near IKEA Etobicoke), and as we pulled into the parking lot I shrieked and pointed! Buddy thought he hit someone. :)

GAS fortwo, imported from EUROPE! Somewhere crazy like Russia or Tunkjuigkdsjkjistan. No idea. Check it:

-Iain

Good Find Duck, the window sticker reads Hellenike Demokratia, Old Hellas You know.

He's a Greek from Greece - by and in the Mediterainian sea.

Yours CcL

post-90-1203386087_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kofångar-Lasse

wow! not officially my first - it was a pic of a fortwo on a coworker's cel fon. yellow/silver fortwo was parked at cumbies (cumberland farms) across from bishop stang (catholic high school, dartmouth, ma).not a member? guess i have to start printing my club cards sooner than i thought.

NAPA in Victoria has a new 451 - complete with Yellow cap - hmmm... maybe they are going to start carrying parts - did see that a company in the States is selling after market brake rotors.Almost ran into Mayor Lowe while I was departing the TPM parking lot.Given the number of 451's they have ready to roll out the door at TPM - I think Vancouver Island will be retaining the crown for highest per capita smarts in North America for a while yet.Cheers,Cameron

Alright, who's 451 is this? white Passion with HIDs (at least they looked like HIDs) at the UBC Campus.That was a quick mod to HIDs.

At least once a week I sight others, lately it's been almost daily, and frequently two others in one area!I was at crappy tire today and found this sad little pulse in the parking lot. Poor thing had a thrown a shoe (flat tire) and was in such sore need of TLC that I felt a bit angry. :angry: He had diesel spilled all over one fender and his block heater connector cap was dangling unused. The filth was so deep you could only see in where the driver had been scraping the mud off with an ice scraper. Poor thing. I think it was black shell and white panels. :unsure:post-5434-1205391412_thumb.jpgI let iris keep him company while I shopped. :wub: Apparently I learned from the guys inside that the little thing was there waiting on a special order tire and wheel. I do hate to see things let to go like that though. Am I too anal? :rolleyes:

I made an interesting sighting today, but I was in the midst of a left-hand turn at Overlea and Millwood in Toronto. It was a 450 (perhaps 451) tricked out by its corporate owner. It had three giant "books" on the roof, lying one on top of the other. As I say, I was negotiating a turn and couldn't make out the sign on the door.Has anyone else seen this one?

In London this afternoon, we saw a Bay gray with black tridion going north on Wonderland Rd that turned east onto Oxford St. I think the license plate was AVXM 181, but didn't have my camera to record it. Couldn't catch up with this little speedster to say "hi". As we weren't driving our DR MAP, it was probably just as well.Alberta

I see another smart or even two, nearly every time I'm out, actually. Seems overkill to report them all. there's a black one out there, and red with black cell, and white with black cell and panda advertising on it. Probably others I've already forgotten.

Spotted a showroom dealer toolin around in a blue coupe in SoHo two weeks ago. Also spotted a blue/silver cabrio at MB Park Avenue next door to my office. It was sitting on the sidewalk and then they put it on their showroom floor. Sweet!

Finally got my car, here is a picture at Mission Bay in San Diego. And a group shot from some of early reservers.

Posted Image

Posted Image