Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
n2smartcar

US road show Los Angeles, CA (Melrose 5/26-5/27)

18 posts in this topic

I went to the Smart Road Tour in Melrose today.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I test drove a Passion and it definitely sealed the deal. They were saying 50% will be sold at Mercedes Benz dealerships 25% UAG and I didn't hear the rest.

N2SMARTCAR

Thank you so much for all the fantastic photos!White/silver passion coupe, that's what I've got my eyes on...!-Iain

N2smartCar,Thanks for posting the pixs of your Road Show experience. Interesting how they set up just outside of Urban Outfitters on the street. Having a portable road show means you can definitely set up anywhere and I think that is an excellent marketing tool. I'm curious to know if they said anything more specific about trim level pricing and prices for options? One of our members said their test drive experience was very short. How many times and how long did you test drive the car? Also, did your companion drive it as well? From the pixs, the colors looked very nice so which color combination looked the best to you? That yellow is looking pretty hot!! And finally, how was the turn out of interested buyers?Thanks again,Regina

N2smartCar, I'm curious to know if they said anything more specific about trim level pricing and prices for options?

From what I recall, they said the Passion would start at $14,000US. I didn't really catch anything else... I was too distracted by the actual cars themselves.

One of our members said their test drive experience was very short. How many times and how long did you test drive the car? Also, did your companion drive it as well? From the pixs, the colors looked very nice so which color combination looked the best to you? That yellow is looking pretty hot!! And finally, how was the turn out of interested buyers?

The test drive was around one block. I only drove it once (I'm pretty much sold after that.) The line wasn't bad at all. My wife drove a Cabrio version and loved it. She was never really into it before, but now she's pushing me to buy a Cabrio. The White/Silver was very sleek. I'm still sticking to my Black/Black with Red interior. Now my dilemna is Coupe or Cabrio. After the survey, they gave a $10.00 Urban Outfitter gift card to each person who did a test drive.

Does a representative from smart come with you on the test drive?-Iain

Does a representative from smart come with you on the test drive?-Iain

Yes. They work for AMCI (amcitesting.com) I wouldn't really call them experts on the vehicle, but I guess they know enough to answer basic questions. The guy I drove with said Dave Schembri might show up to the tour. That is the man I want to talk to. :hugegrin: He seems like a great guy. He replied to all my emails before. For a CEO or President to take that time to reply to emails is very cool in my book.

I just realizes something. Did I miss seeing the word "Fortwo" etched on the car? The plate doesn't count. Where is it located? Thanks!

Good eye!The photos of the prototypes released in the weeks preceeding the unveiling in Stuttgart showed a raised chrome letter "fortwo" badge in correct smart font (variant of Horatio D Med). So I figured that once the new car came out, we'd be bulk ordering these badges to replace our own vinyl sticker "fortwo" logos with raised chrome in the proper font.No such luck; the new 451 does not have any fortwo badging.

That's stupid. How do you promote the car without the badging? Oh well, looks like I am defnitely getting a raise chrome emblem called "Fortwo". Or I could name it "ForMe":)

Well with only one model they don't need to give it a name I guess. Sort of like when the smart was just called the city coupe back in the late 90's - because that's all they made, just the regular two-person smart, and there was no badging at all except the logo. They only started putting fortwo on the back (and changed the name from city-coupe) when the forfour and roadster came along.-Iain

I don't see any side, front/rear reflectors/markers, so i can only assume that these are "European" models. Also noticed that they now come equipped with flat "one piece" wipers, i wonder who's make?

I don't see any side, front/rear reflectors/markers, so i can only assume that these are "European" models. Also noticed that they now come equipped with flat "one piece" wipers, i wonder who's make?

I can't tell for sure but I think there is a side light at the rear edge of the front fender, and it looks like the rear lights wrap around the side so that light and reflecter can be seen from the side.

It'll be interesting to see what smart screws/glues onto the front end as a side marker, and where. As Dan says, the rear lights will be the side marker.

Is the silver one in the background airbrushed, cubic printed or wrapped to look riveted?

Is the silver one in the background airbrushed, cubic printed or wrapped to look riveted?

That's the image on the side of the trailer......... :doublethumb:

We attended the Seattle test drive on 8/29. Beautiful day. Took lots of pictures but nothing more than has already been posted. I drove a coupé and my wife rode as a passenger in a cabriolet which she loved. I was so pumped by the event that I didn't really delve into much detail. Too bad the test drive wasn't long enough to get a better feel for the car but, bottom line ... can't wait for ours to arrive.