Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eqwalker

Smart T-shirt for US Smarties

25 posts in this topic

Seems like I read where someone said that they were also sometimes giving out T-shirts to the test drivers at the tours. Does anyone know this for true? Also, what do they look like? Anyone have a pic? I would even like to purchase one if they were being offered. It would be neat to help introduce the car in your area to people that have never heard of the car by wearing a T-shirt of it.

Seems like I read where someone said that they were also sometimes giving out T-shirts to the test drivers at the tours. Does anyone know this for true? Also, what do they look like? Anyone have a pic? I would even like to purchase one if they were being offered. It would be neat to help introduce the car in your area to people that have never heard of the car by wearing a T-shirt of it.

Yes they gave them during the opening road show in Irvine CA. When wearing the shirt I get many curious people asking me "what is smart?" Most never heard of it. Of course I explain to them the details about this amazing car. :biglaugh:

post-2937-1181430229_thumb.jpg

Well there is the club smart car tee's - if they order more.Cheers,Cameron

hey, john. i think your Ts are very nice and i love your changing avatar. checked out your site and - woah! - another siamese. awwww. have you seen the avatar of the siamese cat that's next to the lamp? can't remember the member's name, but i think it's a female. so pretty. been wanting a siamese for a while and never moved to a flat that allows them. :sad:but i'm getting a smart! ***:singing: lucky me! lucky me! ***

Thanks for the kind words smarted up..... I have fun doing these graphics.. :)

Actually Nala is a mix and was the neighbor's cat but for some reason she

adopted me! Imagine that.. :D

She loves to watch the birds & goldfish in my back yard. The only thing

that she actually catches are the lizards as her front claws were removed.

Posted Image

Since she was given to me she now comes inside and controls both of us

in her quest to prove that she is queen. Her days outside are often filled with

laying under the lattice bench that holds up the blooming bougainvilleas.

Here is her slideshow

I'll let her know that she has another fan!!! :smitten:

No smart shirt for me. I was at the Melrose event (outside Urban Outfitters) I was given a $10 gift card for Urban OutfittersMy brother's boss went the following day and got a smart shirt. Anyone interested in giving away their smart shirt.... PM me :smirk:

And - who are the right people?I asked the "smart" staff at the Minneapolis show and they said they had nothing except a couple brochures. They were wearing white golf shirts with the logo and "open your mind" phrase. Looked sharp.darryl

Not that the official T-shirt can be changed but take a look at the Tee runner33 has posted and then take a look at Hodad66's playfull fun on wheels version. I think a blend of the two would make for a quicker read. I think the Smart logo and the words "open your mind" would have more of an instant meaning if they were surrounded by an outline of the Smart car. I suppose that the former may elicit a response like - well what's Smart or open your mind up - what's that all about. People don't dwell on what T you're wearing. A few quick seconds of a glance is all that occurs. I say the Tee should be backed up with a subtle pic of the car.

Cdr. picasso cody

If I were the marketing department for Smart USA, I would at least put the URL and car image on the t-shirt.

post-2937-1182446216.jpg

post-1-1182446216_thumb.jpg

Now, that is the kind of shirt I like. Is this one like they have on at the tours?

Unfortunately no, this one has been photoshoped from the original "Smart open your mind" t-shirt pic above.

I LOVE the black w. red logo t-shirt!!So that's not a real shirt? :(-Iain

I don't see why with all the talent we have here that we couldn't create our own t-shirts and then wear them "in mass" to the Smart "road show"events. Even if we didn't have enuff time we could still create the t-shirts. I don't think that time would permit tho to make them quick enuff. What say you?

www.cafepress.com/

That's who I use (my lil shop)

Anyone can make their own shirts... just provide the artwork.

A t-shirt can take a 10" X 10" image.

200 DPI & I save them as PNG's

as the lines are crisper.

With one image you can do hats, bags, etc.

Posted Image

Posted Image

There’s no screen printers in here willing to step up and make some new shirts for all of us.I’m willing to pay for some. I have 5 people that want smart shirts. With this vast networking of peopleon this board there’s got to be a screen printer/t shirt shop that’s a fan of smart that wants to make up some shirtsand set up a mini store type thing.

There’s no screen printers in here willing to step up and make some new shirts for all of us.I’m willing to pay for some. I have 5 people that want smart shirts. With this vast networking of peopleon this board there’s got to be a screen printer/t shirt shop that’s a fan of smart that wants to make up some shirtsand set up a mini store type thing.

Ya... What he said! :bump: There's got to be a silkscreener that wants some automatic business from us... ya think?BTW I do like the red on black image too... It looks just fine how you got it layed out. Only I think I'd want a Coupe version on mine.

post-2166-1182548740.jpg

I think the “open your mind” and car graphic is trade marked.. Not sure you can print and sell it. Need permission from Smart.The original graphic came from this youtube add.

That's where do it yourself comes in. Print your own shirtwith no sale for profit. I have stayed away from their logo and slogan, for areason. A simple image of the car (not theirs) maybe OK................

i ordered this one from tidytees in the uk, bright orange, nice shirt...but i wish i had the cabrio on it now that i own the topless version, they only do the coupe right now, but its the full size on the front thats really nice...(deal me in on a cabrio version if anyone wants to do it)

post-143-1182830376.jpg

time for me to crack open illustrator and make some through my spreadshirt shop. I'll reply in a few days after I go through the usual spreadshirt "approval" process.