Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RichHelms

Woodward Dream Cruise

66 posts in this topic

Woodward was awesome. Slimwgn, my son and myself spent two full days cruising the strip. I will certainly be returning next year. Thanks so much again to smart 142 for making a great weekend into a longer, greater weekend. Here's my pics.

post-166-1124763759.jpg

Sorry I couldn't make the trip, but I did record Detroit TV's coverage of the cruise.

I believe I can pick out 5 Smarts from a helicopter shot taken on Woodward Ave around 13 Mile at about 8 PM.

Three cars (lead by a white one) followed by some large-barge, then 2 more (looks like Glen's grey and

someone else).

Interesting that the Smarts stand out so well in traffic, even at 1,000+ feet.

Glad all went well and nobody got into any trouble. :balloon:

Sorry I couldn't make the trip, but I did record Detroit TV's coverage of the cruise.

I believe I can pick out 5 Smarts from a helicopter shot taken on Woodward Ave around 13 Mile at about 8 PM.

Three cars (lead by a white one) followed by some large-barge, then 2 more (looks like Glen's grey and

someone else).

Interesting that the Smarts stand out so well in traffic, even at 1,000+ feet.

Glad all went well and nobody got into any trouble. :balloon:

Wow, I sure would like to see that. Is there any way you could get that footage on here?

I don't know. Maybe SPINNER has the tech "magic wand" knowhow to tell me how to pull it off

my Rogers HD PVR.

Are you out there buddy??? :smart:

It was mentioned that this car had a small block Chevy. Here is a closer photo that I took on Friday and you will note the angled distributor in the front (now back) of the engine. This means the engine is actually a big block Chrysler, probably a 440. The owner of this car spent two days chasing me down and begging me to sell my car to him at a price I could name. He probably wanted to convert it to a V8 smart. Then he could lable it as an "unsmart".

post-166-1124766680.jpg

If you can make a DVD of the part with the smart and mail the DVD to me, I can convert it. I did the parade coverage. PM me for an address if you can do it.

Cait, you did miss a good one.

Go to www.woodwarddreamcruise.com and view photo gallery. Page 5, # 5 is Glen's car (Smart142).

Check out the other photos....this was a MAJOR car event! Sorry I had to miss it.

Wow! How did you ever spot that? I had forgotten that I submitted a picture when I registered to be a member.It's funny because today I was watching a video of the cruise with a friend. Good memories!

Thanks Bill! :beerchug: