Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DJW

Imprompto Smart Event

3 posts in this topic

Today as I was coming home from the store here in Charlotsville, VA I saw another smart. I pulled up behind her and the lady pulled into a parking lot so we could talk. My son who is a police officer here in Charlotsville had told me that there were at least two others in town but I had never seen another one. Turns out that there are 3 others. We had a very nice chat for about an hour. Turns out they had gotten their 2003 Passion coupe from the same dealer in Palm Beach, FL as our's had come from. She has had it for about a year and does all of the maintance work herself, changing the oil etc. Her AC had stoped cooling and had to have it recharged but other than that no problems. She indicated one of the other couples said theirs was from Canada. It will be interesting to see if it is a gasser or not? If it is not a gasser would like to know how they got it into the US and got it registered? She is going to see if she can get all 4 of us together for a Saturday morning coffee or something which would be nice.Dennis

Congrats on finding more smart cars in your neck of the woods. Two months ago I organized the first rally in Idaho for the smart car, and had 4 cars attend. Prior to that, we never had more than 2 together anywhere. You can see pictures of our event at our web site at smartcarclubofidaho.com We formed a club as well to support each other, and to be prepared for the new "smarties" with 2008 models.

Be sure to take lots of pictures of your gathering and post them to the forum for us.

Tom