Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robhawley

Ottawa get-together Feb. 18th

38 posts in this topic

Funny thing is in the 6-weeks I have had my Smart I have not seen another on the road here. Before I piked it up, I would occasionally see one.

I haven't seen anyone from the Ottawa area on the boards either...

Try emailing FlushBush (Peter) and ronj (Ron); they're both in Ottawa and we had a small four person mini-smart meeting in early March this year!

I'm sure they'd be interested....

my friends mom has a smart car.. i think its all black, and she lives in ottawa somewhere. But right now my friend is in regina working at the canada summer games.... but I'll see if she can pass on the site to her mom if I talk to her anytime soon

Cait:

How long has she had it? I remember seeing an all black one a few times in Fallingbrook/Orleans in the late spring.

There was also a blue/silver one that I had passed about 4 times on my way into work the two weeks before I picked mine up. (also in Orleans).

There is also a red/black one that drove by my house in Rockland a few times in early-to-mid June

I might be interested in a regional get-together, possibly in mid-October. I live in Brockville and there are 7 Smarts that I'm aware of here and I have talked to 2 of them about a possible local Smart club.

Interested - in October, when the leaves in the Gatineau Hills are at their peak. Swveral routes would give colourful views then - put those glass roofs to use, and cabs, too, if the weather permits.

We could also have pix taken at the Museum of Transportation & Communication - local media types might be interested. I have a contact at the National Post who could arrange that, and I'm sure Rich could contact the Ottawa Sun.

Also, we could tie in with the 2 local dealers in Ottawa, who might be persuaded to contact owners of smarts

purchased through them - and provide smart memorabalia as a thank you for advertising their product at our get-together - and everytime someone comes over to ask us a question....

And there's a great view from the revolving restaurant (on the Radisson, I think), of the Parliament Buidings, etc and the Gatineau Hills as the sun goes down. Haven't been there for years, but I still remember the autumn views as Ottawa passed by.

I actually purchased my Smart from Town & Country Chrysler in Smith Falls and I avoid

driving in Ottawa, mostly because I have no idea where anything is. The Hunt Club Road MB store looks

like it might be easy to get to from Brockville. I'd also like to include my picture on the reply/post page as well as a picture of my cup holder (see below), but I don't know how to do that.

Red & Silver fortwo cdi Passion Cabriolet... Custom made (2)Cup holder.

An Ottawa meet sounds like a good idea. October is a possiblility.

I've been seeing more smarts around town the last couple of months. I got mine in January and didn't see any others until March. However other people told me they were seeing some in the West end.

Where in Ottawa are you? What colours and model (pure, pulse, passion)?

An Ottawa meet sounds like a good idea. October is a possiblility.

I've been seeing more smarts around town the last couple of months. I got mine in January and didn't see any others until March. However other people told me they were seeing some in the West end.

Hmm. October. Autumn. Harvest Time. Thanksgiving and Hallowe'en. I thought of having a smart car masquerade for the end of month, but now it could be fun to include a turkey-hunt game, with one of the smarts dressed up and in hiding.

Just and idea to the wind.

robhawley, I am south of the airport with a bay grey on black cabrio passion. I commute to the Vanier area.

I lived in Ottawa this summer with my Smart. I drove around all the time. I have a blue and black passion. Where are you in Ottawa, and how do you like your Smart?

Stephanie

I would love to see the custom cupholder! Could you not just copy & paste the photo directly into the text box on quick reply?

Keep your eyes open my friend just bought one and said he got it in the new red colour. Have you gyus seen it yet on the site?!

cdbh, the text entry fields don't work that way. All images and media have to be added in the full text editor as an attachment.

Ruby Red panels can be seen here.

Those would be the ones! Now I just wonder if its with a black or silver cell!

What's that blue thing in your attachment? I clicked on it and looked at what came up trying to make sense of it. But --- I can't - It's early. Care to share

That's awesome. I'll have to study it some more and figure out how that could work in my favour. Thanks

I lived in Ottawa this summer with my Smart. I drove around all the time. I have a blue and black passion. Where are you in Ottawa, and how do you like your Smart?

Stephanie

I'm just east of Ottawa and drive through Ottawa on my way to Hull every week day.

Same car: Black/Blue Passion

and I love it still.

Hey rob.. are you still in Rockland?

I can't say i've seen a black/blue smart in Rockland yet.

I've seen a black/white drive by my place twice now though.

I finally got my smart car about a month ago.

So if you see a black/black cabrio booting around rockland it's me!! :victory:

I'd go for a ride with some fellow smarties if you are still thinking about it.

There is some interest in doing something like that over at the mbcanada.com forums.

Nothing definate, but some more interest.

-ced

Yep, still here. There are a couple Smarts in Rockland now.

There is a Silver/Blue coupe that is owned by the owners of the Video rental place in the west end of Rockland. There is also a red/black one that passes my house every now and again.

I'll take a look at mbcanada, haven't been there in a while.