Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
philvia

so can i do anything special with my order number?

4 posts in this topic

If/when you place an order for an actual car (a factory order) with colours/options etc, then it can probably be tracked on some shipping website (to be determined). That's how we have established our comprehensive VIN list of all Canadian smarts. The cars can be tracked as to when they leave Europe and when they arrive in North America. If you have a factory order, that can be an exciting process!If you are referring to your number assigned by UAG in response to the $99 deposit, it's not going to help in that way.

Too bad that the Smart factory doesn't have webcams located on the assembly line so someone might be able to watch the cars being put together. Heck, if the info was available, the person might even be able to watch his/her vehicle being built. :)

Too bad that the Smart factory doesn't have webcams located on the assembly line so someone might be able to watch the cars being put together. Heck, if the info was available, the person might even be able to watch his/her vehicle being built. :)

Interesting idea but I doubt that the Smart factory decision makers would go for something like that. I'm not sure that I would want a camera watching my every move at work. Maybe if they had an outside webcam of the finished Smarts ready to be shipped out may be more viable.