Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hogs

MILEAGE... Who has the most mileage so far on their cars ??

40 posts in this topic

Just curious guys and Gals, who has the most mileage and what plms. if ya can just post along side of your post what you have done? Thanks Chris

Well, you can visit http://100mpg.ca/?p=162 for a story about a very substantial number Serge achieved recently.

2.238 L/100 km over 1063 kms on a single tank. I've done 2.23 L/100, but not on nearly as great of a distance, although I shall be attempting to rectify that shortly...

Thanks, Perhaps, I worded the topic wrong, I am interested in Knowing total mileage on the cars and what plms. each have had with and at what mileage, Not Fuel MPG, I know they are good on Fuel, Looking for problems throughout the mileage range... Thanks Chris

Highest one I know in Canada is just under 140,000 km.

Thanks thats the kind of info. I`m looking for, Hope many will post in here and what plms. that they had as well around what Mileage ( Klm`s ) :-) Thanks

135,022 kms as of this morning..............

I will assume that "plms" means problems, I dont speak short form.........if so then I just had a new intercooler popped in yesterday, my first problem.

The car has a noticeable improvement in power from the sucking power band I have had to deal with prior to yesterday....

Thanks Craig, Sounds like you have been luckly, Have read so many posts of, HEadlights, not that that is any big deal, but many many, with EGR`s , Turbos, Sensors, ball joints....

Headlight bulbs I dont really consider a problem....... otherwise you could add about +/- 15 problems........

40,100 as of today. A/C did not work this spring. MB put dye in the system and found a leak and are now fixing it. 3 low beam headlight bulbs. Driver's side at 12k and 37k. Passenger side at 27k.Back tires replaced at 37k. Had flat and don't care for contis so replaced them. Had about another 10k of service life left.Otherwise regular maintenance.Roy

I just had a new intercooler popped in yesterday...

Did you keep the old one? I would have, and had a rad shop clean it out, in case you have the same problem at 270,000 km. They may still have it if you didn't take it....

Thanks Y. B Bee, Thats the kind of info I am looking for in this Thread.... Lets keep it simple like that...

Plms? Where'd I get plms? Said the absentminded professor, groping in his pants pockets.Closing in on 48,000 k and our only problem is that it won't go at -35 degrees. (still air temp) Far outweighed by fun factor and fuel consumption.Carl

I thought klms was the plural for KLM aircraft ;)

Oh, yes, I have 110,000 kms, and the car runs great.And yes, I filled up for $0.838 today

Thanks for the posts everyone... Just like to see if there are some REALLY high klms. on some and plms. = problems for those that don`t know LoL

I'm eager to hit 500 000 km, at least - I'm only at ~122 500 km right now (year and a half in). Still got a few years to go. :) Love this car!-Iain

The oldest CDN smart has been on the road for 33 months, so you would not likely find many with 200,000+ km on them yet. Give it time (at which point it will be too late to buy a new one ;)).

83,000Kms (83Mms??). Only 'problem' is with ball joints that wore out a before I figured they should have - covered under warranty. Headlights too often - yes (now have drl turned off - looking to relocate drl function to City lights some how.)Looks like this thing has all the makings of an energizer bunny - keeps going and going and ...lets see - 10 years till I retire. driving 36k/year. Hey - I could catch up to Mike's Puegot!!!

Thanks guys, I am sure if some forum members were using their Smart for Del. then one wd. and could expect 70,000 0r 80,000 klm`s per year I have seen some down here in Nova Scotia , more than a few used for Del. and advertisement.. so they are all the road all the time. etc... Thanks again for the replies keep em coming...! BTW Del. = Delivery :-)

I'm averaging better than 75 000 km/year, but most of that is pleasure driving. :)I think I have the highest daily average... at ~215 km/day.-Iain

62 000+ kms on the car in just under 2 years. That's mostly from driving back and forh from Waterloo to Windsor, a few trips to the states, and a drive to BC last summer, and to Calgary this summer...

problems? HA! there's not enough space to write all the problems I've had ;)

-My interior light used to come on/not turn off for no reason but somehow fixed itself

-my passenger side window was smashed by vandals

-my replacement window now whistles when i drive fast

-my clutch actuator went wonky and caused me to need to get my car towed from Montana to Saskatchewan WITHOUT HELP FOR COSTS BY MERCEDES, SMART, OR MY DEALERSHIP

-check this out... reasons why le smart is sub-par in my eyes... whysmycargottabesuchpoo!?!?