Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hogs

MILEAGE... Who has the most mileage so far on their cars ??

40 posts in this topic

when me and the wife use it for work the same day we tally up 160kms a day.We have just driven just over 7km in 2 months, 5k were from the orginal owner from june 06 till we bought it in March 07

I'm averaging better than 75 000 km/year, but most of that is pleasure driving. :)

I think I have the highest daily average... at ~215 km/day.

-Iain

Is that based on every day since you have had the car ???

Days to present day since the car was purchased 809.... current odometer 135,501..... which would make it 167.5 kms per day.

So you should pass me for total mileage within say around +/- 277 days.... :lol: but I'm guessing less......

So ... It seems the most common problems so far as I can see is, BAll joints, some sensors and Power outputs... Turbos as well few have had problems with around the 40,000 klm. range and some hosing to the turbos etc.. anyone else like to add stuff here... Thanks always good to know the defects, as in all cars they all seem to have the same problems in certain years until they correct the defects...

Well this thread seems to have hit a Stand still.... ???? Anyone else can add to this?? Thanks

My guess is that 60% of turbo replacements were unnecessary, possibly more. Eddie in Edmonton just had proof of this last week.

So Anyone else have anything to ADD?? Thanks.. BTW why do you say the Turbos replacement was not needed? Can ya send me the link to the posts on that? Thanks Chris

Turbos have been replaced due to oil leaks that were emanating from other areas, because of cracks in intercooler hoses, and so on. There are ample threads about this.

I came across this bit of information while surfing the internet for smart stuff. "Smart_car_runs_340,000_miles_in_5_years"

Well, you can visit http://100mpg.ca/?p=162 for a story about a very substantial number Serge achieved recently.2.238 L/100 km over 1063 kms on a single tank. I've done 2.23 L/100, but not on nearly as great of a distance, although I shall be attempting to rectify that shortly...

I'm finding it very hard to believe these kinds of numbers. Tank best I've done yet is 457 KM's on a tank or 4.6/100.I'm obviously doing something wrong.Jason

I have a ball joint that is causing some discomfort..........to my smart, a clunking in the right front wheel, when it goes in for it's B service I will have them fix it. :peeved:

Tank best I've done yet is 457 KM's on a tank or 4.6/100.

You're not going to get in the low 2.x range unless you are seriously committed......and driving at 60 km/h.But driving in the 3.x range is possible. My car has wide tires, 2 drivers (the other driver does not drive economically) and has averaged 3.88 L/100 km over 75,000 km.

Hi JD Langdon4.6 litres per 100 kilometres is on the high side of normal. I notice on your spiritmonitor that you have only one tank to get this amount. Wait until you have 5-10 tanks and see if the number is the same. Also it looks like you have under 5k on your car. Kilometreage will improve as the engine gets broken in. IMHO average for this car is between 4 and 4.5Roy