Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cait

Red Deer meet-me-in-the-middle meet!

108 posts in this topic

Here you all be! Glad I could play such a pivotal role in this process... hehe...

3434 50th Ave, Red Deer, AB T4N 3Y4 Phone: 403-341-7701

From Edmonton:

Calgary Trail to Red Deer:

Take the 32ND STREET EAST

Turn LEFT onto 32 ST

Turn LEFT onto 50 AVE/GAETZ AVE

Make a U-TURN at 36 ST onto 50 AVE/GAETZ AVE

End at 3434 50 Avenue Red Deer, AB T4N, CA

Appx. 1 hour 26 minutes

From Calgary:

Edmonton Trail to Red Deer:

Take the GAETZ AVE exit

Stay STRAIGHT to go onto 50 AVE/GAETZ AVE

Appx. 1 hour 30 minutes.

Here you all be! Glad I could play such a pivotal role in this process... hehe...

3434 50th Ave, Red Deer, AB T4N 3Y4 Phone: 403-341-7701

From Edmonton:

Calgary Trail to Red Deer:

Take the 32ND STREET EAST

Turn LEFT onto 32 ST

Turn LEFT onto 50 AVE/GAETZ AVE

Appx. 1 hour 26 minutes

From Calgary:

Edmonton Trail to Red Deer:

Take the GAETZ AVE exit

Stay STRAIGHT to go onto 50 AVE/GAETZ AVE

Appx. 1 hour 30 minutes.

That hold b Deer Foot Trail, not Edmonton Trail...

AND NO FAIR! that's FOUR whole minutes closer for the Edmonton folk than for us..HMPH!!! j/k

See y'all there!

Okay!It appears that I should have my car on Thursday. My project is 95% done on it and I've been assured that I will have it back in time for the weekend so that I can take part in the trip to Red Deer.Please add me to the list. I might bring my brother along for the ride if he's up for it; otherwise, I'll be on my own with my new toys.Are we still leaving from Tim Hortons in Coventry Hills? Time? If I'm not there on time... there's a good chance that I don't have my car back (for unforseen reasons) so please don't wait up. If I'm running late, I can catch up. Cheers!-- Jaime

That hold b Deer Foot Trail, not Edmonton Trail...AND NO FAIR! that's FOUR whole minutes closer for the Edmonton folk than for us..HMPH!!! j/kSee y'all there!

OOOPS! Sorry Calgary! I shouldn't be giving directions... I get lost in my own city...Yes, four minutes closer... perhaps the Edmosmarties can drive around the parking lot for an additional four minutes... hehe... see you Saturday.

The funny thing about it is that the "Edmonton Trail" dead ends before you even get out of Calgary (or it used to, haven't checked in many years)It just means that we have the extra 4 minutes to grab the best seats :-)MG

I think Edmonton Trail did become Highway 2 before Deerfoot was built. A long, long, time ago!

I think Edmonton Trail did become Highway 2 before Deerfoot was built. A long, long, time ago!

Careful smarter, your dating yourself!!We already know Maxwell (valgardforkbeard) is old :tongue3: Daren.

I'm afraid I have him beat. :hippy::cry::offtopic:

Yah, but I think my beard is fluffer :-)You are never too old to have a happy childhood.Are you going to make it to Ded Reer?MG

I have just signed up for this forum.I'll introduce myself. You can call me Jibber. I have been around car forums like beyond.ca for 5 years now, and have been a member of the Calgary Sports Car Club.I work at Shaw GMC, and a while ago I found out that we rent smarts. So I did. And I loved it. I even managed over 90 mpg on the QE2 with this site as a reference as to how to properly drive a smart.So much so, I rented one again, and now I am selling by loved Toyota Supra to purchase a smart. I want to have something that draws attention like my Supra does, but with way better gas mileage, and that I can use everyday. And the smart is perfect for that. But I must say, that if it wasn't for this excellent website and forum, which is by far the best reference for any smartie in Canada could want, I might not have seriously considered a smart. The reason why I'm posting this here is because I was wondering if any of the people in Calgary would be willing to take a passenger? I would love to be part of a train of smarts heading up to Red Deer!See you guys soon,

Jibber... I'd offer to take you aboard but I'm pretty sure that my brother will be filling my passenger seat for the ride.Folks... it's looking really good now for me to attend. :) SO EXCITED! I've been without my baby for awhile now and I'm looking forward to getting back in th saddle and learning how to use all of my new toys. <fingers crossed> Hopefully nothing gets in the way between now and Saturday! Cheers! :doublethumb:

... The reason why I'm posting this here is because I was wondering if any of the people in Calgary would be willing to take a passenger? I would love to be part of a train of smarts heading up to Red Deer!

Do you smoke?

1. Cait - Calgary - LITE WHITE/BLACK CELL 2. Clvrchik - Edmonton - RUBY RED/SILVER CELL 3. Dang - Calgary - BLUE/SILVER CELL 4. Valgard - Gibbons 5. Daren2006 - Sherwood Park - LITE WHITE/SILVER CELL 6. Donald + Wife - Sherwood Park - RUBY RED/SILVER CELL 7. Putz - Edmonton 8. Hannala - Sherwood Park - BAY GRAY/BLACK CELL 9. Fergus - Sherwood Park 10. Calgarysmart - Calgary - BLUE/BLACK CELL 11. Ctrlfrk789 - Calgary - Jack Black / Black Cell

The reason why I'm posting this here is because I was wondering if any of the people in Calgary would be willing to take a passenger? I would love to be part of a train of smarts heading up to Red Deer! Do you smoke?

im confused... if you have a smart why can't you drive it to red deer?

To answer the two questions...No, I don't smoke.I don't have a smart yet. I am heading to Lone Star today to see what they have to offer. I first have to sell my Supra to get the smart. It's one or the other... if I had both, the smart would be out on the street, as I own a condo. And you know how vandals love the smart....:sniffle: I would like to go on this cruise, so I could either rent a smart (not my style), or go as a passenger. I choose the latter because it's more fun that way.Do you guys use two way radios on these treks? With the cruises on beyond.ca, we can get upwards of 50 - 75 cars on a cruise, and most people bring those little two-way radios you can get at Crappy Tire. If not, no worries, just a thought.If I can't get a ride as a passenger, that's okay too... there will be other opportunities. I'd rather go in my own car anyways. I will still meet you guys at the Tim Horton's tomorrow morning because a) it's Tim Horton's :yahoo: and B) it gives me another excuse to drag the Supra out before I part with it. I won't cruise up in the Supra with you guys as it's a smart cruise and I have respect for that.See you guys there!

im not sure if ai have a passenger seat or not... i probably won't know until the morning of... but you can come along in your supra! we'd love to have ya!

My plans for the weekend got shuffled so it looks like I will be able to come. One down side is that I can't bring the smart - it's overdue for service and I can't get it in for 3 weeks!! :taz: I will, however, come and I'll tow the trailer with the Rav4 so that everyone can see our little smart trailer.

Jibber - bring the supra!! You've been notified. :biglaugh:

Any chance that I'll see a Viking pulling a trailer???

1. Cait - Calgary - LITE WHITE/BLACK CELL

2. Clvrchik - Edmonton - RUBY RED/SILVER CELL

3. Dang - Calgary - BLUE/SILVER CELL

4. Valgard - Gibbons

5. Daren2006 - Sherwood Park - LITE WHITE/SILVER CELL

6. Donald + Wife - Sherwood Park - RUBY RED/SILVER CELL

7. Putz - Edmonton

8. Hannala - Sherwood Park - BAY GRAY/BLACK CELL

9. Fergus - Sherwood Park

10. Calgarysmart - Calgary - BLUE/BLACK CELL

11. Ctrlfrk789 - Calgary - Jack Black / Black Cell

12. Jibber - Calgary - Supra

13. RoySkyBell - Calgary - Rav4

My plans for the weekend got shuffled so it looks like I will be able to come. One down side is that I can't bring the smart - it's overdue for service and I can't get it in for 3 weeks!! :taz: I will, however, come and I'll tow the trailer with the Rav4 so that everyone can see our little smart trailer.

Jibber - bring the supra!! You've been notified. :biglaugh:

Any chance that I'll see a Viking pulling a trailer???

1. Cait - Calgary - LITE WHITE/BLACK CELL

2. Clvrchik - Edmonton - RUBY RED/SILVER CELL

3. Dang - Calgary - BLUE/SILVER CELL

4. Valgard & Alaira - Gibbons

5. Daren2006 - Sherwood Park - LITE WHITE/SILVER CELL

6. Donald + Wife - Sherwood Park - RUBY RED/SILVER CELL

7. Putz - Edmonton

8. Hannala - Sherwood Park - BAY GRAY/BLACK CELL

9. Fergus - Sherwood Park

10. Calgarysmart - Calgary - BLUE/BLACK CELL

11. Ctrlfrk789 - Calgary - Jack Black / Black Cell

12. Jibber - Calgary - Supra

13. RoySkyBell - Calgary - Rav4

Probably not, the trailer is being delivered to in-laws in Armstrong, and the trailer hitch is still sitting in the living room. (unless you meant something completely different, in which case, ignore the above :-) )

MG

Those leaving Edmonton, just follow Calgary Trail South and just as your leaving Edmonton you will see on the left GATEWAY INFO CENTER (GATEWAY SOMETHING) just follow the road into the info center., meet everyone and head off at 9:30AM sharp, some of us will be there at 9:00AM.SEE YOU THEN :drive: Daren.

I think it says GATEWAY PARK. Have fun everyone. :)

It also has an oil derrik in the middle, so it should be easy to find.MG