Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ydeardorff

Hello From Nw Washington

5 posts in this topic

I popped in here to see if I could get some help. I do not own a smart car. Though after some internet digging, I'd stand in line for one of those UK Brabus Roadsters!!!Anyway, I retired from the US Navy of 20 years, and now am going back to school. I am studying vehicle design, and unlike many of my fellow students, I am actually building my own car design based on an old kit car. My car is very small, with a high power to weight ratio. I am redesigning this car to be as modern as any other 2014 model car. But part of that is trying to fix the ridiculously small rear window.This is where you guys come in, and why Im here. Smart cars are very difficult to come across where I live.I need some help tracking down a smart cabriolet rear window. I dont need, nor want the roof, just the small window.And if there are any windows smaller than the 08 4-2 cabriolets please let me know.I can post pictures of the project if anyone wants.Thanks, hopefully in advance.Yaughn

I may be mistaken, but isn't the rear window on a 451 cabrio vinyl, just like on the 450? And as far as I recall, the window isn't available seperately, so you'd be looking at getting the whole roof, unstitching/cutting out the vinyl window, to put it on the car.

According to the Mercedes / Smart dealer the Smart 4-2 cabrio is available separately. At least for the 08 model. And it is made of glass. However, finding a smart cabrio is hard enough, even harder to find someone selling the roof without them wanting 500+ for it.I may be stuck just buying a new window. Im hoping to find a wrecker willing to sell it, or someone replacing their roof willing to sell the window from the old roof.

I stand corrected.

You may have better luck crossing the border and finding something in BC. I looked up where Everson is, and you are about an hour away from Flying Tiger Developments, one of our better independents. He may be able to get you what you need.