Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - Chat with members! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  marchanna : (23 October 2014 - 06:26 PM) You should report that, it makes you an accessory after the fact. Oh crap! Now we're all accessories! Speaking of which, I should buy some accessories for my car.
@  Coast Steve : (23 October 2014 - 04:41 PM) He ment to say Killing time
@  Coast Steve : (23 October 2014 - 04:41 PM) Speaking of typing mistakes, my buddy typed to someone "I'm just around the corner killing Tim".
@  Wild! : (23 October 2014 - 11:52 AM) Going to Glenn's he says he may have what I need.
@  Wild! : (23 October 2014 - 11:49 AM) This has to do with side lighting.
@  Wild! : (23 October 2014 - 11:49 AM) No that part was done 2 years ago.
@  FlossyTheSmart : (23 October 2014 - 08:48 AM) Top secret panel painting project?
@  Wild! : (22 October 2014 - 04:05 PM) Does some one have an 450 old door skin? one that is broken or garbage want to do some tests on one before I attempt my good ones.
@  Mike T : (22 October 2014 - 06:20 AM) John from Victoria, are you and Keith on the site these days? We have a dinner on November 6th coming up in Victoria! It would be cool to see you both there! See the thread in the Vancouver Island sub-forum.
@  marchanna : (22 October 2014 - 05:37 AM) http://www.vevo.com/...es/USRV81400343
@  marchanna : (22 October 2014 - 05:34 AM) Not really. I love that you caught that. I accidentally typed that, and then I was going to correct it, and then I thought, "hmm, I wonder if I leave it there, if anyone would catch that".
@  FlossyTheSmart : (22 October 2014 - 05:31 AM) "effective"
@  marchanna : (22 October 2014 - 04:41 AM) I'm glad to see the shout box has become an effective form of communication :)
@  cadillacman : (22 October 2014 - 03:02 AM) what do you give to a sick pig ?
@  cadillacman : (22 October 2014 - 03:01 AM) oinkment
@  SkydiverChris : (21 October 2014 - 01:08 PM) Or does it? I say it's a conspiracy and they've fooled everyone!
@  marchanna : (20 October 2014 - 07:23 PM) No, but I have an infrared gun that would do the job. Unfortunately ( or fortunately) the ED doesn't have an exhaust.
@  Wild! : (20 October 2014 - 05:52 PM) Has anyone out there ever taken a temp reading from the exhaust manifold on the 450?
@  Mike T : (20 October 2014 - 10:27 AM) Yes, all of the below!
@  dmoonen : (20 October 2014 - 09:04 AM) Lol perhaps his smart

Photo
- - - - -

Welland Show & Shine, September 25, 2005

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 PhatRed

PhatRed
  • Regular Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 12:41 PM

Hello all, I have the details for the Show & Shine in Welland. This looks to be an awesome show, quite possibly one of the biggest in the area. I spoke to the organizers and we are very welcome. There is no need to preregister, we will pay at the gate. Date: Sunday, September 25, 2005 Time: 8am to 4pm (actual show is more like 11am to 4pm, but we don't want to be at the back) Place: Niagara Regional Exhibition Address: 1100 Niagara Street, Welland, Ontario, L3C 1M6 Entrance fee: $15 per Smart car (2 people) per day Sponsor: Street Machines Unlimited Proceeds to Tender Wishes Info: 905-734-3696, Wayne Lundy The event is actually 2 days long with a pig roast and dance on Saturday night, and the show & shine on Sunday. The last day for pre-registration was today, $25 for both days, and included entrance in some door prizes and a gift bag. The Sunday event is the big one with over 600 cars expected to attend. Sunday?s events include: -Judged Show & Shine -Swap Meet -Muffler Rap Contest -Engine Blow Up (??? not sure what they plan for this??) -Car Model Display -Memorabilia Showcase -Hooters Girls (selling 50/50 tickets, I think) -Dream Car Garage will be filming the show for their program, which appears on Speed Channel :clapping: In order to park together, we need to arrive together. Please check back for details on this early next week. An open hose will be available for car washing, so bring your bucket and wash mitt. We should park in our spots together and then take turns if anyone wants to wash their car and get it ready. The rest of us will save the spot. Please sign up so we can get an idea of how many are coming. We might be able to save spots for out of towners if we know you are coming. Thanks. 1. PhatRed, SlimRed 2. 3. 4. 5.

Attached Images

• Map_to_Niagara_Regional_Exhibition.jpg

2005 Smart Fortwo Passion Coupe, Phat Red w/ Silver

#2 smartboy

smartboy
  • Regular Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 06:22 PM

1. PhatRed, SlimRed 2. smartboy 3. 4. 5.
VISIT www.jaxjanssen.com for my award winning sci-fi children and "tweens" epric adventure series, now available online and all good bookstores near you. James H Gillam

FORMER 2005 & 2008 PASSION SMART OWNER but still a smart fan!
Driving a Mini Cooper S Cabrio model ... looking forward to what smart has in store.

#3 mixed

mixed
  • Regular Members
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 03:59 PM

1. PhatRed, SlimRed 2. smartboy 3. mixed 4. 5. As I just live around the corner we might consider getting together early and cleaning cars at my house, any thoughts ......
Craig

2005 C230 Kompressor

smart pulse SOLD at 183,700 kilometres ~ 9 "A" and 8 "B" services..... intercooler, set of ball joints, SAM set wiring, Turbo and intercooler scoop

#4 Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave
  • Regular Members
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:36 PM

1. PhatRed, SlimRed 2. smartboy 3. mixed 4. Diesel Dave 5.
2006 smart fortwo passion cabriolet, silver/scratch black, bungee grey interior, A/C, softouch, locking under seat drawer, storage compartment cover, power heated mirrors, speed sensitive wipers, drive lock, smart sound package, clock & rev counter, drivers vanity mirror, velour floormats, coreline wheels and wide tires, brabus spoiler, s-mann intake scoop, K&N filter, delipped intake, Technine Tuning Stage II re-map, keyless power windows, front mudflaps, Fiamm air horns, Euro spec fenders and lighting, HID headlights and foglights, Garmin navigation system.

#5 mixed

mixed
  • Regular Members
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 03:29 AM

Sorry guy's unfortunately I am going to have to drop.......... I have too much work to do on the boat and the amount of available weekends to do it is getting shorter and shorter ........... and I don't want to have to drop the winery cruise ................ take lots of pics I hope you get lots of attention........ :cry3:
Craig

2005 C230 Kompressor

smart pulse SOLD at 183,700 kilometres ~ 9 "A" and 8 "B" services..... intercooler, set of ball joints, SAM set wiring, Turbo and intercooler scoop

#6 Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave
  • Regular Members
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 04:08 AM

Looks like it might be another rain out anyway. We will have to see.
2006 smart fortwo passion cabriolet, silver/scratch black, bungee grey interior, A/C, softouch, locking under seat drawer, storage compartment cover, power heated mirrors, speed sensitive wipers, drive lock, smart sound package, clock & rev counter, drivers vanity mirror, velour floormats, coreline wheels and wide tires, brabus spoiler, s-mann intake scoop, K&N filter, delipped intake, Technine Tuning Stage II re-map, keyless power windows, front mudflaps, Fiamm air horns, Euro spec fenders and lighting, HID headlights and foglights, Garmin navigation system.

#7 PhatRed

PhatRed
  • Regular Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 04:16 AM

Hey mixed, sucks that you can't go. Do you know of a Tims that is close to the event that the rest of us could meet at? There is water available on site to wash cars with, so we can wash our cars when we get there. What are the rest of us going to do if it rains? Any votes? 1. PhatRed, SlimRed - probably won't go, unless it's just a sprinkle 2. smartboy 3. mixed :( 4. Diesel Dave 5.

#8 mixed

mixed
  • Regular Members
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 06:04 AM

There is a Tim's at the corner of Merritville Hwy (HWY 50 on the map) and hwy 20, its about 4 k north of the map.............
Craig

2005 C230 Kompressor

#9 PhatRed

PhatRed
  • Regular Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 07:40 AM

That's cool, easy to get to as well. If you are coming down the 406 from the QEW, just hang a right (west) at Hwy 20 and head into Fonthill. The Tims is on the south (left) side of the road. Is 8am too early to meet? Maybe 9?

#10 smartboy

smartboy
  • Regular Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 05:24 AM

I am going to have to pull on this Sunday - too many committments I am afraid - James 1. PhatRed, SlimRed - probably won't go, unless it's just a sprinkle 2. 3. mixed 4. Diesel Dave 5.
VISIT www.jaxjanssen.com for my award winning sci-fi children and "tweens" epric adventure series, now available online and all good bookstores near you. James H Gillam

FORMER 2005 & 2008 PASSION SMART OWNER but still a smart fan!
Driving a Mini Cooper S Cabrio model ... looking forward to what smart has in store.

#11 Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave
  • Regular Members
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 05:29 PM

Latest report indicates that the weather might be good during the actual show hours. I will try to be at that Tim Hortons at 9 am. Merrittville Rd and HWY 20 right?

#12 Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave
  • Regular Members
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 05:30 PM

Oh, and no pre-registration needed I understand.

#13 PhatRed

PhatRed
  • Regular Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 06:08 PM

Hey Guys, That's correct for the Tims. There's an Esso gas station and the Shnitzel Tavern (spelling??) on that corner as well. Also pre-registration is not needed. $15 at the gate. The weather forcast is sounding worse, but we are going to see what it's actually like in the morning. Hopefully it will hold off until later in the day. We don't seem to be getting the good weather for our events like we have all summer. At least if we get rained out this weekend, hopefully it will be good next weekend for the wine tour. Hope to see you there. If we're not at the Tims by 9:15, go ahead without us.

#14 Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave
  • Regular Members
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 05:09 PM

Too bad you guys didn't go. It was a great show. The rain stopped one minute after I arrived and the weather was perfect. Over 400 cars were there. I had the only smart car and it received the usual attention, and then some. I've always said that the smart is a "chick magnet". Let me show you what I mean.

Attached Images

• Hooter_Girls.JPG

#15 Cait

Cait
  • Regular Members
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 05:58 PM

impressive
Cait

#16 Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave
  • Regular Members
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 06:26 PM

Thanks Cait. I can send you a much bigger, clear photo if you desire.

#17 spinner

spinner
  • Regular Members
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 07:17 PM

:hilarious: Smooth, Dave!

#18 smart142

smart142

• Global Moderators*
  • 6,983 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:10 PM

May I please have the bigger,clear photo! :drool:
Glenn.
2005 Passion coupe Bay grey-silver-loaded! ''Gina'' (deposit 1Nov02,delivered13Dec04)SOLD! 12 Sept 2014 - 3 months shy of 10 year ownership. Now driving a 2005 loaded passion. Blue/silver that was owned and modified by Dan Gold.

#19 Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave
  • Regular Members
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 04:29 AM

Glenn (or Cait), I'll need you to PM me your E-mail addresses if you want the bigger version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users