Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - Chat with members! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  KurtMan : (30 September 2014 - 12:49 PM) It was in fact the PY21 bulb that was burnt, the Canadian Tire associate insisted his computer system was correct and gave me 7528 bulbs. So I will return the bulbs and educate him when I return ��
@  stickman007 : (29 September 2014 - 02:29 PM) I bought a set of triple square from Mac Tools...the only one I ever use was 8mm for the CV
@  Francesco : (29 September 2014 - 09:16 AM) Yeah, ok. Buddy brought over his wife's 2000 Beetle TDI for a detail and I wanted to adjust the doors, but the strikers and hinges both had triple square bolts.
@  dmoonen : (29 September 2014 - 09:01 AM) Had to buy a couple sets for working on my vw's, basicly bbs rims, axels and a outher parts require them including the injector pump on the ALH's. I don't think there's a single one on the smarts that I recall mostly torx, etorx and standard sockets.
@  dmoonen : (29 September 2014 - 08:59 AM) VW need them but smarts no so much
@  Francesco : (29 September 2014 - 08:41 AM) I never noticed, does the 450 use any triple-square bolts? Does the 451? The set will be handy for when I work on Dubs, but was wondering about smarts, too.
@  Francesco : (28 September 2014 - 09:38 PM) The turn signal bulb? Or the bulb that would normally go in the empty BA15s socket below the top brake lamp? The TS is PY21W or P21W, while the one in the empty socket is R5W (207), a 5 Watt bulb. Note than on Canadian 450s that socket isn't connected to any power or earth.
@  KurtMan : (28 September 2014 - 06:00 PM) Thanks guys, I forgot to say it's a 450.
@  FlossyTheSmart : (28 September 2014 - 05:37 PM) WHich is a yellow bulb, despite being behind a red lens
@  FlossyTheSmart : (28 September 2014 - 05:36 PM) Oh, missed the lower break light correction. I think that is a PY21W
@  FlossyTheSmart : (28 September 2014 - 05:32 PM) I want to say P21W - I was just changing bulbs on my cabrio yesterday and it's actually on the plastic casing what bulbs are meant to go there - that's what I remember. I'm sure Evilution will have it there somewhere too.
@  marchanna : (28 September 2014 - 03:07 PM) I'm not sure if 450's are the same
@  marchanna : (28 September 2014 - 03:07 PM) On 451 models it's a 7528
@  marchanna : (28 September 2014 - 03:03 PM) What year?
@  KurtMan : (28 September 2014 - 02:52 PM) *I should specify lower break light.
@  KurtMan : (28 September 2014 - 02:48 PM) Does anyone know what the bulb type is in the lower part of a cabrio tail light?
@  amr530711 : (27 September 2014 - 02:16 PM) it's got a hard short on the black cable running from the positive post to the rear of the car - does that connect to the starter or to the alternator? This car seems to eat alternators, and the blackout happened at roughly the same time as the alternator would kick in, just a couple of seconds after moving forward.
@  stickman007 : (27 September 2014 - 01:52 PM) Check your connection at the battery terminals? I think somebody here in the forum had the battery cable melted once...
@  amr530711 : (27 September 2014 - 11:55 AM) hey everyone! I'm having a hard time with the new search, I'm looking for information about a total electrical failure. I started the car, drove about 50 feet, it bucked, the instrument cluster went out, back on, then completely off. and now I have no electrics at all. no four way flashers, can't roll up the window, car won't lock, absolutely nothing happens when I turn the key. Not sure what words to use in the search. any help would be appreciated
@  Francesco : (27 September 2014 - 07:10 AM) And a whole set of triple square bits off Amazon for $25. SnapOn rep said they're special order, and each bit is close to $30!!!

Photo
- - - - -

Halifax Smart Club

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Polrbear

Polrbear
  • New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:20 PM

I'm just wondering, is there a Smart Car Club here in Halifax? There is a Camaro club, a Mustang club, heck even a Caviler club. Any SmartieParties around? :drive:

#2 zwigli

zwigli
  • Regular Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 04:10 PM

HelloI don't think so, at least, never heard of it in more than 2 years I have been driving a Smart car in Halifax... But the best person to ask would be Kyle at Smart O'Regans.Enjoy the drive!MC :)
Proud owner of a Red/Silver Passion!

#3 Speedie

Speedie

Former Chief cook and bottle washer

• Administrators
  • 6,829 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:44 PM

Ummm... Guys - Club smart car? Yep - anywhere 2 or more are gathered in the name of smart....If there is enough interest we can set up a section for events and such in Halifax instead of just under the AC section - as I recall there a few of you on the other coast - round up a few and have yer'selves an event!Cheers,Cameron
"Lucy" 2006 Passion - Ruby Red - sunroof - black tridion
"NuBlu" - 2006 Pulse - Star Blue - black tridion - in need of some TLC
1994 Jeep YJ
1990 Dodge D250

#4 ARTZ

ARTZ

Go Green... stream green!!!

• Regular Members
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:06 AM

There are not a whole of smarts in the Atlantic Canada area at least not the Fredericton, NB area. I see probably 1 or two other smart cars about every other week.
ARTZ 2006 with Euro Panels and a X-Gauge

#5 zwigli

zwigli
  • Regular Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:37 PM

There are surprisingly many Smart Cars in Halifax, a many dozens for sure!Not a day without seeing one on my bike commute.I also counted up to 6 in Truro on a single day, not bad at all!MC :)
Proud owner of a Red/Silver Passion!

#6 ARTZ

ARTZ

• Regular Members
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:58 PM

I can let you know the next time that I head down to Halifax.

#7 42Kruiser

42Kruiser
  • Regular Members
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:37 AM

:beer2:
Once upon a time ............................
Out of the box---------05 pulse cabrio, blue/black, a/c, sound upgrade, pods, auto.
Self-inflicted mods-----led side markers, signal light relocation, interior blue led bulb, alum. suspension caps, ipod connector, Michalak spoiler, star blue grill, chrome badging, K&N filter, and Strikeline wheels.

#8 ARTZ

ARTZ

• Regular Members
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:45 AM

Mmmmmm Beer!!! :beer:

#9 carole-anne

carole-anne
  • Regular Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:25 AM

I'm just wondering, is there a Smart Car Club here in Halifax? There is a Camaro club, a Mustang club, heck even a Caviler club. Any SmartieParties around? :drive:

I'm looking for the same! I just moving in Halifax and I come from Québec. I will organise some travel on Cabot trail with my old smartiens' friends of Québec and some new friends here! If you are interested, let me know!
I'm french girl!

#10 deepg

deepg
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:59 PM

Any word / updates?

I'm looking for the same! I just moving in Halifax and I come from Québec. I will organise some travel on Cabot trail with my old smartiens' friends of Québec and some new friends here! If you are interested, let me know!

#11 kimstrong

kimstrong
  • Regular Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

I am interested. Work in Halifax and live in Annapolis Valley. Also member of PCA.
Kim Strong

The NEW Glimmer Twins
2014 Porsche Cayenne Diesel
2006 Smart Passion CDI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users