Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
parts4smarts

EBC brakes

18 posts in this topic

We were the first to offer EBC Greenstuff brakepads in Northamerica, and would like to now be the first to offer a proper lineup of their high quality products.post-248-1240445964_thumb.jpgTurbogroove Sport Rotors $ 262.50( or substitute Black Dash Rotor for the same price)Blackstuff Pads $ 75.00Greenstuff Pads $ 95.00Redstuff Pads $135.00buy one set of rotors plus one set of pads and take 10% off the combined pricecurrently I have stock on all of them except Black Dash Rotors, and will try to keep stock on all of the abovecontact me if you'd like more infoharald

Edited by parts4smarts

We were the first to offer EBC Greenstuff brakepads in Northamerica, and would like to now be the first to offer a proper lineup of their high quality products.post-248-1240445964_thumb.jpgTurbogroove Sport Rotors $ 262.50( or substitute Black Dash Rotor for the same price)Blackstuff Pads $ 75.00Greenstuff Pads $ 95.00Redstuff Pads $135.00buy one set of rotors plus one set of pads and take 10% off the combined pricecurrently I have stock on all of them except Black Dash Rotors, and will try to keep stock on all of the abovecontact me if you'd like more infoharald

Price in pair or per rotor?? what's the difference between blackstuff, greenstuff and redstuff?? Thank You..

Price in pair or per rotor?? what's the difference between blackstuff, greenstuff and redstuff?? Thank You..

all prices are 'per pair'as the price goes up among the various pads, their composition changes, red being the hardest,mostly ceramic, least dust-producing.I have sold a ton of Greenstuff brakes over the years, for the longest time they were the only ones really available over here, and they do reduce break dust, but do not eliminate it. The Redstuff pads produce even less dust.All are premium pads, with good bite, hot or cold and good wear.More infoBlackspost-248-1240532970_thumb.jpgA high friction pad designed for general replacement use on cars and vans Greenspost-248-1240532948_thumb.jpgRedspost-248-1240532980_thumb.jpgtrust this helpsharald

Why not the blacks, Steve? I had read that the green's wear the rotors a little quicker because they're harder.

I think I read it in my instructions in my green stuff pads when I ordered themSpirited street driving and ocasional track time (Green stuff)Fast street use on 200hp or more cars (Red stuff)Closed circit racing only (Yellow stuff)I'll bet red and yellow grip like hell while they wear your disks out very fast.I did some performance speed and braking testing on my green stuff pads and am happy I choose them, wheels are clean too!Added: never seen or heard of the blacks, deezle.

Edited by Coast Steve

I drove a Bugeye Sprite some years ago that had racing pads on it and no they did not bite worth crap unless the discs were very, very hot (yes it had disc conversion on the front). For normal driving the pads were almost dangerous.

That makes total sense Mike,The operating temps you will get on the street are just to low for the race compound pads

never seen or heard of the blacks, deezle.

they are also known as ( and so identified on the box ) ULTIMAX pads I think they are a premium pad, but more so because of performance and durability than any dust reductionthe greenstuff and redstuff pads are made different, for good perfomance but also for less dust, so that they are mostly sold to people with alloysharald

I'm using the Ulitimax and sure they're a little dustier than the Greenstuff but it wipes off with a rag.Next time I need pads I'm ordering the Ulitmax and standard EBC disks from harald...

harald, are the black dash rotors drilled through or just dimpled like the turbo-grooves?

harald, are the black dash rotors drilled through or just dimpled like the turbo-grooves?

good questionThey are slotted, not drilled through.Turbogrooves are dimple and slotted ( although fewer slots )FYI, I have not sold any black dash ones, but quite a few turbo groovesno complaints, everharald

So, the Red produce less dust that the Green? If so, I will have to give you a call. I have the Greenstuff pads now and find they dust pretty bad, and the dust is black. But nowhere near as bad as the stock pads. I have to clean my wheels at least twice a week right now, but I am really picky, I like to keep the Brabus wheels spotless!

Edit: Taken from the EBC website.

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/automotive/brake_dust.shtml

. EBC Redstuff 2009 formulation is probably the closest thing that exists to a no dust brake pad at this time and as such EBC Redstuff are a hot favourite amongst drivers of prestige cars especially European built models that are famously seen driving around with a dark grey front wheel and a silver grey rear wheel.

Looks like there is a new Redstuff compound for 2009 as well, just to make things even more confusing for people.. :) Edited by MightyMouseTech

So, the Red produce less dust that the Green? If so, I will have to give you a call. I have the Greenstuff pads now and find they dust really bad, and the dust is black. I have to clean my wheels at least twice a week right now.

go to the first post in this thread, click on the green and red pad pics respectively, and check out their 'dust rating'this should give you a good ideaI have stock.E-mail or PM me, if interestedharald

harald do you also have a source for rear shoes?

there is not much joy in those for an aftermarket supplieryes, I can get them....but you are probably better off at the dealerharald

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More