Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - Chat with members! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  marchanna : (28 July 2015 - 11:51 AM) Yup. Sometimes the simplest is the best.
@  Mike T : (28 July 2015 - 11:07 AM) Best idea yet!
@  marchanna : (28 July 2015 - 08:39 AM) It fits nicely in the back of the Benz if I put the seats down. I just thought it would be novel to put it on the back of the Smart.
@  Francesco : (27 July 2015 - 08:10 PM) Or wheelie bars
@  Mike T : (27 July 2015 - 08:07 PM) Preferably, use a larger vehicle.
@  Francesco : (27 July 2015 - 08:05 PM) I would think a trailer is your only option. The physics is just wrong in a couple of dimensions to be hanging 300 lbs behind the rear wheels
@  marchanna : (27 July 2015 - 07:27 PM) Check it out: can-drift.com
@  marchanna : (27 July 2015 - 07:21 PM) It's an electric drift trike. I wanted to see if I could fab a vertical rack on the back of the Smart. The trike weighs about 200lbs - I could probably build an aluminum rack as light as 50lbs - but that still the exceeds the tongue weight of the hitches, thought maybe the towing bolt holes could hold a little more weight.
@  Francesco : (27 July 2015 - 04:50 PM) even the trunk weight is recommended to be no more than 50 kg...
@  Francesco : (27 July 2015 - 04:49 PM) Wow, I have no idea what you're attempting but that sounds like too much weight for the rear of the smart altogether, not just for the two bolts.
@  marchanna : (27 July 2015 - 08:01 AM) I want to hold about 300lbs across of them.
@  marchanna : (27 July 2015 - 07:59 AM) Yes
@  Francesco : (27 July 2015 - 07:43 AM) Vertical?
@  marchanna : (27 July 2015 - 06:32 AM) Anyone know how much load the towing eye bolt hold in the rear bumper of a 451 can carry?
@  NelsonSmart : (19 July 2015 - 11:59 AM) The ECU computer will have to be set with Star or Equiv to get light off.
@  Surturiel : (19 July 2015 - 10:10 AM) all, and all, the only damage was sustained by the tire (that was old already)(aside, of course, from the airbag...)
@  Surturiel : (19 July 2015 - 10:09 AM) yep, talk about overreaction. i hit the curb, the airbag blows up on my ear, and the car shuts down...
@  dmoonen : (19 July 2015 - 06:58 AM) Lol air bag went off? That's a bit drastic. The car shuts down in a case of an accident so cycling the key makes sense.
@  Surturiel : (18 July 2015 - 09:43 PM) (with the airbag...)
@  Surturiel : (18 July 2015 - 09:43 PM) anyone have by any chance an used passenger seat for a 450 fortwo, passion? (dark gray)
@  Surturiel : (18 July 2015 - 08:08 PM) turns out that you have to turn everything ( including the hazards) off to get the car to work again...)
@  Surturiel : (18 July 2015 - 08:07 PM) (I mean, the car just DIED. I was there, stunned, trying to figure out why I couldn't get it running)
@  Surturiel : (18 July 2015 - 08:05 PM) (that thing surely is loud, got me half deaf for a while. Also, the whole smart crash routine got me REALLY startled)
@  Surturiel : (18 July 2015 - 08:02 PM) but do I need to do anything aside from replacing the airbag to get the light off?
@  Surturiel : (18 July 2015 - 08:01 PM) springs and everything
@  Surturiel : (18 July 2015 - 08:01 PM) will service the suspension soon
@  Mike T : (18 July 2015 - 07:17 PM) check the toe setting
@  Surturiel : (18 July 2015 - 04:41 PM) (the front wheel and suspension are fine, the tire needed to be replaced)
@  Surturiel : (18 July 2015 - 04:40 PM) so, aside from needing to replace the airbag itself, do I need to do anything special to get the light off? (time to find a used passenger grey 450 seat)
@  Surturiel : (18 July 2015 - 04:38 PM) (the seat one)
@  Surturiel : (18 July 2015 - 04:38 PM) but my smart, being the overprotective nanny that it is, decided that my integrity was at risk and BLEW UP THE SIDE AIRBAG !
@  Surturiel : (18 July 2015 - 04:37 PM) i hit a curb (because I'm a blind dumbass that misjudged the curb height) 

Photo
- - - - -

Leesure-lite camper $2999 ...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bilgladstone

bilgladstone

This is my smart. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

• Regular Members
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:29 AM

It's the one I've been waiting for and it's right here in front of me but ... oh well ... I simply cannot justify the expenditure right now. They don't make this one anymore! On offer is an immaculate, very lightly used folding tent trailer. Complete with tonneau weather cover, screened "add-a-room" and front stowage bin..

Specs: "Original Cycle Model"
base weight: 230lb / 105kg
trailer size: /closed - 48"x66"/open - 48"x132"
Bed size: 48"x81"
Tires: 4.8x8
Hitch: 1-7/8 ball
Wiring: 4-flat plug
Headroom: 6'4"
Bed length: 6'9"
Storage: 26cu.ft.
Tongue weight: 23lbs!!!

OK, you lucky so-and-so, you... This is your unique chance to get hold of an outstanding, roomy, comfortable and well-made camping kit for your smart car. Made by Penticton, BC's Leesure-Lite you can see a video HERE [The tent material on this one is burgundy instead of green like the one in the vid.]

I was thinking I might buy it and when I'm not using it, rent it to smart and biker friends... :dunno: I mean, I want it - it's the one I've been searching for for 2 years - but... :penniless:

Hey, throw me fuel expenses and a grilled cheese sandwich, and I'll even deliver it to you in AB or BC!

Oh and... it's in an RV dealer showroom and won't last. Add applicable taxes... But maybe he can be dickered down on the price...

Bil :sun:

Addendum: I forgot to mention this unit is at Country RV, Kelowna. Talk to Al Martin and tell him Bil the smart car guy sent you.

Edited by bilgladstone, 13 August 2009 - 11:49 AM.

Join more than 210 smarties on the map! Where are you? CLICK HERE to add your marker!
::
[

#2 Coast Steve

Coast Steve
  • Regular Members
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:37 PM

So bil, did you already buy it and now you need to sell it? How much is it?

I once owned the "GT" Smart....I'm a.. "Hasbin"

2000 Mitsubishi Fuso FG 4X4 crane with a dump box,  
2005 Pulse, first brand new car!, Brabus this"N"that, racey stuff too, big fat tires, crazy expensive rims, shiny custom "GT sport" muffler, 2 1/2" silicone and aluminum bellmouth "GT MAX" intake kit, some neat decals, heated leather seats, stacked and ready to race, but then I sold it.

#3 bilgladstone

bilgladstone

• Regular Members
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:24 PM

So bil, did you already buy it and now you need to sell it? How much is it?

Only in my dreams, Steve :) The RV place must have taken it in part trade for big -class or something. The sign on it says 2999 but you know they probably gave squat for it so... maybe a cash lowball would take it
Join more than 210 smarties on the map! Where are you? CLICK HERE to add your marker!
[

#4 Coast Steve

Coast Steve
  • Regular Members
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:58 AM

All it needs now is a sink, ;) it does look really nice though.BTW Bil, I may have a guy interested in all my trailer stuff I never got to make,most of it never even got unpacked. We will see if it sells.I think you and I are looking for the same sort of trailer now for our smarts, but we are also a little strapped <_<

I once owned the "GT" Smart....I'm a.. "Hasbin"

2000 Mitsubishi Fuso FG 4X4 crane with a dump box,  
2005 Pulse, first brand new car!, Brabus this"N"that, racey stuff too, big fat tires, crazy expensive rims, shiny custom "GT sport" muffler, 2 1/2" silicone and aluminum bellmouth "GT MAX" intake kit, some neat decals, heated leather seats, stacked and ready to race, but then I sold it.

#5 deezle

deezle
  • Regular Members
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:36 AM

I was surprised to see in the video that the little girl rides in the closed-up trailer. I guess that's to demonstrate how safe and strong the unit is. :o :) :icon_wink:

Edited by deezle, 14 August 2009 - 07:39 AM.

#6 bilgladstone

bilgladstone

• Regular Members
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:57 AM

I was surprised to see in the video that the little girl rides in the closed-up trailer. I guess that's to demonstrate how safe and strong the unit is. :o :) :icon_wink:

No that is the way to take the kids camping, Cam. The smart (or a bike) only has two seats so you pack the kids in the trailer.

Man, I am jonesing on this wee camping kit!

B :sun:
[

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users