Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - Chat with members! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wild! : (22 October 2014 - 04:05 PM) Does some one have an 450 old door skin? one that is broken or garbage want to do some tests on one before I attempt my good ones.
@  Mike T : (22 October 2014 - 06:20 AM) John from Victoria, are you and Keith on the site these days? We have a dinner on November 6th coming up in Victoria! It would be cool to see you both there! See the thread in the Vancouver Island sub-forum.
@  marchanna : (22 October 2014 - 05:37 AM) http://www.vevo.com/...es/USRV81400343
@  marchanna : (22 October 2014 - 05:34 AM) Not really. I love that you caught that. I accidentally typed that, and then I was going to correct it, and then I thought, "hmm, I wonder if I leave it there, if anyone would catch that".
@  FlossyTheSmart : (22 October 2014 - 05:31 AM) "effective"
@  marchanna : (22 October 2014 - 04:41 AM) I'm glad to see the shout box has become an effective form of communication :)
@  cadillacman : (22 October 2014 - 03:02 AM) what do you give to a sick pig ?
@  cadillacman : (22 October 2014 - 03:01 AM) oinkment
@  SkydiverChris : (21 October 2014 - 01:08 PM) Or does it? I say it's a conspiracy and they've fooled everyone!
@  marchanna : (20 October 2014 - 07:23 PM) No, but I have an infrared gun that would do the job. Unfortunately ( or fortunately) the ED doesn't have an exhaust.
@  Wild! : (20 October 2014 - 05:52 PM) Has anyone out there ever taken a temp reading from the exhaust manifold on the 450?
@  Mike T : (20 October 2014 - 10:27 AM) Yes, all of the below!
@  dmoonen : (20 October 2014 - 09:04 AM) Lol perhaps his smart
@  marchanna : (20 October 2014 - 05:19 AM) Was that directed at all of us or just one very special member? :)
@  Mike T : (17 October 2014 - 10:23 PM) nine ten I love you
@  Mike T : (17 October 2014 - 10:23 PM) eight
@  Mike T : (17 October 2014 - 10:23 PM) seven
@  Mike T : (17 October 2014 - 10:23 PM) six
@  Mike T : (17 October 2014 - 10:23 PM) five
@  Mike T : (17 October 2014 - 10:22 PM) can I have a little more

Photo

How to diagnose these transmission codes?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 atikovi

atikovi
  • Regular Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:52 PM

I pulled the following current code: P2033 Overcurrent cutout in transmission at a duty cycle>0 and these two stored codes: P2056 Actual position of turning angle sensor plausibility and P202A Gear cannot be engaged when clutch is closed. If I erase them, they will come back in 10 or 20 miles and the gear indicator goes to 3 dashes. Any suggestions where to look first?

#2 tolsen

tolsen
  • Regular Members
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:42 AM

I pulled the following current code: P2033 Overcurrent cutout in transmission at a duty cycle>0 and these two stored codes: P2056 Actual position of turning angle sensor plausibility and P202A Gear cannot be engaged when clutch is closed. If I erase them, they will come back in 10 or 20 miles and the gear indicator goes to 3 dashes. Any suggestions where to look first?

Check connectors to gear change motor and gear position sensor. Get someone that has Win-star or MB Star to reteach the gears.

#3 atikovi

atikovi
  • Regular Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:20 PM

Check connectors to gear change motor and gear position sensor. Get someone that has Win-star or MB Star to reteach the gears.

I do have an MB Star. I'm unable to do the clutch actuator adjustment teach procedures but I'll post that in a new message. Any way to test the gear position sensor? Thats the same thing they call the turning angle sensor?

#4 mzeeb

mzeeb
  • Regular Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:07 PM

I do have an MB Star. I'm unable to do the clutch actuator adjustment teach procedures but I'll post that in a new message. Any way to test the gear position sensor? Thats the same thing they call the turning angle sensor?

Just curious where you got the MB Star software / interface ? :smile_anim:
2005 Passion cabrio: phat red/black tridion, heated black leather seats, locking drawer, pollen filter, cupholder, paddle shift
Mods: euro turn signals, oil pan heater, K&N filter, scan gauge, ignition free windows, remote window switch, tach & clock pods, clear/amber side LED's, flashing side markers, vortex generators, headrest speakers, 4 channel Pioneer head unit, arch extensions front and back, Prosport boost gauge in clock pod, H&R sport springs, wiper arm spray mod, tint, factory cruise control, remap and upgraded intercooler fan.

#5 atikovi

atikovi
  • Regular Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:47 AM

Just curious where you got the MB Star software / interface ? :smile_anim:

On Ebay. It's a Chinese knock-off.

#6 atikovi

atikovi
  • Regular Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:58 AM

Had another thought. Can I take the angle sensor off my cdi and put it on this gasser to test it? They have the same part number in the EPC. How hard is it to get too?

#7 tolsen

tolsen
  • Regular Members
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:22 AM

Had another thought. Can I take the angle sensor off my cdi and put it on this gasser to test it? They have the same part number in the EPC. How hard is it to get too?

Jack up rear end LHS. Remove road wheel and inner plastic wheel arch. This is best method as improves access. The gear position sensor is just a simple potentiometer. Easily checked using a multimeter. The Chinese MB Star should be able to teach gear positions if it is worth its salt. Both clutch adjustment and gear postion teaching may not work if there are component or wiring faults.

#8 tolsen

tolsen
  • Regular Members
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:23 AM

Jack up rear end LHS. Remove road wheel and inner plastic wheel arch. This is best method as improves access. The gear position sensor is just a simple potentiometer. Easily checked using a multimeter. The Chinese MB Star should be able to teach gear positions if it is worth its salt. Both clutch adjustment and gear postion teaching may not work if there are component or wiring faults.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users