Club smart car

Why is this ad here?

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
How to diagnose these transmission codes?
atikovi
post Dec 9 2009 - 05:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Regular Members
Member No.: 7,188

I pulled the following current code: P2033 Overcurrent cutout in transmission at a duty cycle>0 and these two stored codes: P2056 Actual position of turning angle sensor plausibility and P202A Gear cannot be engaged when clutch is closed. If I erase them, they will come back in 10 or 20 miles and the gear indicator goes to 3 dashes. Any suggestions where to look first?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tolsen
post Dec 10 2009 - 01:42 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,409

QUOTE (atikovi @ Dec 10 2009 - 01:52 AM) *
I pulled the following current code: P2033 Overcurrent cutout in transmission at a duty cycle>0 and these two stored codes: P2056 Actual position of turning angle sensor plausibility and P202A Gear cannot be engaged when clutch is closed. If I erase them, they will come back in 10 or 20 miles and the gear indicator goes to 3 dashes. Any suggestions where to look first?

Check connectors to gear change motor and gear position sensor. Get someone that has Win-star or MB Star to reteach the gears.

+Quote Post
atikovi
post Dec 11 2009 - 04:20 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (tolsen @ Dec 10 2009 - 04:42 AM) *
Check connectors to gear change motor and gear position sensor. Get someone that has Win-star or MB Star to reteach the gears.

I do have an MB Star. I'm unable to do the clutch actuator adjustment teach procedures but I'll post that in a new message. Any way to test the gear position sensor? Thats the same thing they call the turning angle sensor?

+Quote Post
mzeeb
post Dec 11 2009 - 07:07 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,677

QUOTE (atikovi @ Dec 11 2009 - 07:20 PM) *
I do have an MB Star. I'm unable to do the clutch actuator adjustment teach procedures but I'll post that in a new message. Any way to test the gear position sensor? Thats the same thing they call the turning angle sensor?

Just curious where you got the MB Star software / interface ? smile_anim.gif

--------------------
2005 Passion cabrio: phat red/black tridion, heated black leather seats, locking drawer, pollen filter, cupholder, paddle shift
Mods: euro turn signals, oil pan heater, K&N filter, scan gauge, ignition free windows, remote window switch, tach & clock pods, clear/amber side LED's, flashing side markers, vortex generators, headrest speakers, 4 channel Pioneer head unit, arch extensions front and back, Prosport boost gauge in clock pod, H&R sport springs, wiper arm spray mod, tint, factory cruise control, remap and upgraded intercooler fan.

+Quote Post
atikovi
post Dec 12 2009 - 04:47 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (mzeeb @ Dec 11 2009 - 10:07 PM) *
Just curious where you got the MB Star software / interface ? smile_anim.gif

On Ebay. It's a Chinese knock-off.

+Quote Post
atikovi
post Dec 12 2009 - 06:58 AM
Post #6

Had another thought. Can I take the angle sensor off my cdi and put it on this gasser to test it? They have the same part number in the EPC. How hard is it to get too?

+Quote Post
tolsen
post Dec 12 2009 - 07:22 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (atikovi @ Dec 12 2009 - 02:58 PM) *
Had another thought. Can I take the angle sensor off my cdi and put it on this gasser to test it? They have the same part number in the EPC. How hard is it to get too?

Jack up rear end LHS. Remove road wheel and inner plastic wheel arch. This is best method as improves access. The gear position sensor is just a simple potentiometer. Easily checked using a multimeter.
The Chinese MB Star should be able to teach gear positions if it is worth its salt. Both clutch adjustment and gear postion teaching may not work if there are component or wiring faults.

+Quote Post
tolsen
post Dec 12 2009 - 07:23 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (atikovi @ Dec 12 2009 - 02:58 PM) *

Jack up rear end LHS. Remove road wheel and inner plastic wheel arch. This is best method as improves access. The gear position sensor is just a simple potentiometer. Easily checked using a multimeter.
The Chinese MB Star should be able to teach gear positions if it is worth its salt. Both clutch adjustment and gear postion teaching may not work if there are component or wiring faults.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Apr 17 2014 - 01:33 AM