Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - Chat with members! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  steveyfrac : (21 September 2014 - 09:21 PM) Fair enough. :D
@  dmoonen : (21 September 2014 - 07:26 PM) Agreed Stevey but something has to pay for modifying, fixing and towing the smarts :P
@  dmoonen : (21 September 2014 - 07:23 PM) Why not buy another one but smaller and make it lower :P
@  dmoonen : (21 September 2014 - 07:23 PM) Haha yeah wanted another one for towing. My other one (lifted crew cab long bed 32ft long) doesn't fit in the garage.
@  steveyfrac : (21 September 2014 - 07:15 PM) Odd choice for a Smart enthusiast... :D
@  dmoonen : (21 September 2014 - 06:58 PM) Bought another Duramax, loweing it 2" :0
@  marchanna : (20 September 2014 - 07:30 PM) **confused**
@  FlossyTheSmart : (20 September 2014 - 10:50 AM) nope, just gibberish
@  Francesco : (20 September 2014 - 10:09 AM) Let me guess: QuickType on your new iPhone 6?
@  FlossyTheSmart : (20 September 2014 - 09:10 AM) Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?
@  Mike T : (20 September 2014 - 08:17 AM) gabba gabba hey
@  cadillacman : (20 September 2014 - 07:58 AM) this is like the smell of the colour nine
@  Francesco : (20 September 2014 - 07:48 AM) I think Lazer was my favourite American Gladiator
@  marchanna : (20 September 2014 - 04:37 AM) random?
@  you-are : (19 September 2014 - 09:17 PM) turbo
@  marchanna : (19 September 2014 - 07:07 PM) fair enough
@  FlossyTheSmart : (19 September 2014 - 07:02 PM) It's certainly not concerning enough to put any man-hours into it.
@  marchanna : (19 September 2014 - 07:01 PM) True, but if the moderator didn't approve it then it would be deleted and the space would be reclaimed. The issue of bandwidth however still remains, and I don't know if that is an issue or not.
@  FlossyTheSmart : (19 September 2014 - 06:56 PM) If you needed moderator approval, the image would still have to be uploaded and the space would still be taken up ;)  But we're not really that close to the limit anyway.  The inability to mass upload a huge number of pictures all at once though is naturally slowing the rate at which we fill up though.
@  marchanna : (19 September 2014 - 06:53 PM) Maybe for the time being having a moderator approval for all uploaded images to ensure space isn't exceeded.

Photo
- - - - -

smart Canada proudly celebrates its 20,000th smart fortwo customer delivery

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 quirky1

quirky1
  • Regular Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:25 PM

smart Canada proudly celebrates its 20,000th smart fortwo customer delivery

TORONTO, Aug. 11, 2011 /CNW/ - smart Canada today announced that the company has surpassed a significant milestone by delivering more than 20,000 units in Canada since the launch of the smart brand in the fall of 2004. From the very beginning, the smart fortwo truly redefined intelligent transportation and forward-thinking Canadians immediately and enthusiastically recognized the many benefits offered by the compact, safe and versatile smart fortwo.

To mark this auspicious occasion, Mercedes-Benz Canada President and CEO Tim A. Reuss personally met today with the 20,000th customer, Ms. Mireille Piché, who purchased her red smart fortwo coupe at Ogilvie Motors in Ottawa, ON. Mireille has been a fan of the smart fortwo ever since she first saw the vehicle in Germany in 2002. After spending some time behind the wheel during a recent test drive event held in Canada, this confirmed that the smart fortwo was indeed the right choice for her first car and she realized that its "fun to drive" quotient perfectly matched her personality. As a recent graduate of Concordia University, Mireille qualified for smart Canada's Graduate Rebate Program and saved $500 off the purchase of her passion coupe.

Mireille was presented today with a special congratulatory package that included: a commemorative plaque, two nights accommodation at the W Hotel in Montreal, tickets to visit a special Jean Paul Gaultier exhibit at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts sponsored by smart Canada, a set of winter tires courtesy of Ogilvie Motors, $500 spending money, and a $500 gas card - which will take Mireille a very long way considering that the smart fortwo achieves an extremely low fuel consumption value of just 5.4L/100km combined.

The widely diverse customer base which spans from coast-to-coast and well into remote Canadian locations, further underlines that the smart fortwo provides a safe, comfortable, economical and extremely versatile transportation solution.

Regardless of the prevailing climatic conditions, varying terrains or distances traveled, the smart fortwo upholds the highest level of safety and technology in its class. This is attributed to the vehicle's sophisticated safety management system which is anchored by the tridion safety cell. This extremely tough steel cage protects the driver and passenger, and its sturdy and rigid shell is reinforced at strategically important points with high-strength steel to maximize protection for its occupants.

In addition, the many standard active safety systems including: electronic stability program, anti-lock braking system with electronic brake force distribution and hydraulic brake assist, help drivers avoid an accident altogether by always keeping them safely in control of the vehicle.

"As the first country to launch the smart fortwo in North America in 2004, we were confident that the savvy Canadian consumer would truly appreciate the smart fortwo's compact dimensions and its revolutionary design. We also felt that the vehicle's extremely high fun to drive factor would resonate particularly well here in Canada with customers who simply enjoy la "joie de vivre"," said Tim A. Reuss, President and CEO of Mercedes-Benz Canada. "With more than 20,000 open-minded customers in Canada, we are so proud of this diminutive car which has performed in such a big way from coast-to-coast."

Reuss continued, "I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to every customer who has joined the smart family to date. Today, our company is thrilled to celebrate this important achievement with Ogilvie Motors and our other 52 smart centres, by applauding their collective dedication to supporting the smart brand and by recognizing that their commitment to effectively serving the needs of every one of our loyal customers has definitely been the catalyst to our overall sustained success."

Further information about the smart fortwo can be found online at www.media.mercedes-benz.ca, www.thesmart.ca, facebook.com/smartCanada and twitter.com/smartCanada.

Image with caption: "Mercedes-Benz Canada President and CEO Tim A. Reuss personally met today with the 20,000th smart Canada customer, Ms. Mireille Piché, who purchased her red smart fortwo coupe at Ogilvie Motors in Ottawa, ON (CNW Group/Mercedes-Benz Canada Inc.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswi...OTO_EN_2078.jpg

#2 Mike T

Mike T

Ordered our first smart in 2002!

• Directors
  • 27,713 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:34 PM

I read this one last week on the Daimler news wire! Still it's a great milestone in Canada for a niche car!
2006 smart BRABUS Canada 1 cabriolet 450 B-remap
2013 Ford Fiesta SE 5 speed, 203A pkg, Winter pkg.
2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection

#3 quirky1

quirky1
  • Regular Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:43 PM

The car in the photo is the first one I've seen with a white tridion. Any one know which model year this color was added as an option?

#4 jwight

jwight

451 Member, CsC Directors

• Directors
  • 486 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:12 PM

I read this one last week on the Daimler news wire! Still it's a great milestone in Canada for a niche car!

Mike, what would that equate to in terms of U.S. sales? :)

#5 Z06-LITE

Z06-LITE

Z06-LITE

• Regular Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:18 PM

I want to get a white grill surround for my black Brabus coupe. Then my car will look like Al Joelson.....

#6 Huronlad

Huronlad
  • Regular Members
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:14 PM

Mike, what would that equate to in terms of U.S. sales? :)

"Kalliste" 2005 Bay Grey Pure, tach/clock pods, panoramic roof, a/c, soft touch, ignition free windows, vertical wipers, Euro turn signals, LED fog lights, LED turn signal side marker lights, Scanguage II, LED interior light, LED license plate lights, LED reverse lights, LED high brake light, UWC wheel covers, tinted windows, Wet Okole seat covers with carbon fibre heaters, under seat drawer, EBC brakes and rotors, Eibach and Boge suspension, Stebel air horn.
88218.png

"Labeeba" 2011 metallic silver Pure, tach/clock pods, A/C, arm rest, Design 1 alloy wheels, fog lights, all panels colour matched, heated seats, storage bin, oem storage cover, Area451 cruise control, Ultra Gauge, Team Dynamic Smartie 16" x 7.5" wheels, Yokohama S-Drive 215/40R16 tires, resonator box deleted.
87739.png

#7 Mike T

Mike T

• Directors
  • 27,713 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:04 PM

The white tridion, I would note, COPYING MY CAR, is an option for 2011.
2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200

#8 smartzuuk

smartzuuk

Secretary, CsC Board of Directors

• Directors
  • 6,925 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:21 AM

I knew not that you could get a white tridion.....?

#9 Mike T

Mike T

• Directors
  • 27,713 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:49 AM

Yeah, can red be far behind? ;)
2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users