• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Eclectrix

Eclectrix

eclectrix

• Regular Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:52 AM

Help!The locksmith does not know how to open the door. The spare key is in my purse inside the car and it is running. The puppy stepped on the key and locked the door and no windows are open. Short of breaking a window is there any way to get in?
hand-in-hand and step-by-step...

2006 coupe Passion pkg, delivery date January 5th.Tridion blk, hot pink, bungee grey, smart sound package, lockable storage drawer, 3 spoke steering wheel, heated seats, electronic sunroof, clock and rev counter and me, of course!

#2 tolsen

tolsen
  • Regular Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:11 AM

Yes there is but I cannot publish the method on an open public forum. Send me a private message if you want to know.

#3 bilgladstone

bilgladstone

This is my smart. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

• Regular Members
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:11 AM

PM sent
Join more than 210 smarties on the map! Where are you? CLICK HERE to add your marker!
::
[

#4 Leadwing

Leadwing

Current President

• Directors
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:27 AM

If the methods Tolsen suggests doesn't work, tell the locksmith to try the rear hatch. There should be a normal key slot there.
You are what you drive

'05 smart pulse "Bruised" (bought used with 94,000kms on it, Sept. 23/09)

'06 smart Passion Cab. "Silverwing" (bought 'gently used' with 4,800 kms on it, Nov. 22/10)

'95 Jeep "winter-beater" (bought used in 1996 with 6,000 kms on it) Sold... June 30/12 with 297,900 kms on it.

'96 Honda Civic, "Dimples", that serves as my wife's bus

'89 Civic "Old Faithful" (bought new in the fall of 1988) Still waiting for the first light bulb to blow. A/C has never been serviced and still chills the cabin area in less than 3 minutes.

and a gaggle of motorcycles including the 35th GoldWing ever made with over 591,000 miles on it. "yeehawww"
.. List of all 15 upon request

#5 Eclectrix

Eclectrix

eclectrix

• Regular Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:37 PM

Thank you all. Problem solved. The locksmith was able to open the door. If you want to know how just send a private message please. I do not want to give that information publicly so you are not compromised in any way. eclectrix

If the methods Tolsen suggests doesn't work, tell the locksmith to try the rear hatch. There should be a normal key slot there.

2006 coupe Passion pkg, delivery date January 5th.Tridion blk, hot pink, bungee grey, smart sound package, lockable storage drawer, 3 spoke steering wheel, heated seats, electronic sunroof, clock and rev counter and me, of course!

#6 tolsen

tolsen
  • Regular Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:46 PM

I did indeed send a PM as it would be interesting to learn how a professional locksmith would gain access to a Smart. Told him my fool proof and non destructive access method as well. No response seen so far though. Has eclectrix been overwhelmed with such requests perhaps?

#7 Eclectrix

Eclectrix

eclectrix

• Regular Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:43 PM

Has eclectrix been overwhelmed with such requests perhaps?Um, no not really. I am not a regular visitor anymore. I remembered that I should check in because of the recent post requesting help and did reply to a couple (only ) of pm's. tadaeclectrix

#8 tolsen

tolsen
  • Regular Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:55 PM

Being a regular visitor or not is not the issue. You have received several private messages that you have plainly ignored. Not the right attitude in my book.

#9 Eclectrix

Eclectrix

eclectrix

• Regular Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

Being a regular visitor or not is not the issue. You have received several private messages that you have plainly ignored. Not the right attitude in my book.

It is exactly the attitude demonstrated herein this post why I do not frequent this site anymore. To clarify the situation, I did not ignore the messages. The inbox count in my controls read 0 new messages. I assumed there were none, that being correct. It was not until I read this post that I decided to ignore the stat counter and check. Low and behold there wer a half dozen new messages, and all have been addressed, as well as an alert sent to note the message counter not working. My apology to those who sent messages that were not addressed. They are now, better late than never. And if I was not a regular visitor, how would I know there were private messages? It would not be considered ignoring them if I did not see them. :o

#10 Mike T

Mike T

Ordered our first smart in 2002!

• Directors
  • 27,705 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

You must have set up your account to not receive an email notification when a PM is received. Either that or changed email addresses and did not update your account here.See ya!
2006 smart BRABUS Canada 1 cabriolet 450 B-remap
2013 Ford Fiesta SE 5 speed, 203A pkg, Winter pkg.
2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection

#11 Eclectrix

Eclectrix

eclectrix

• Regular Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

You must have set up your account to not receive an email notification when a PM is received. Either that or changed email addresses and did not update your account here. See ya!

I did set up my account not to receive email notification and also changed email addresses. However; it was the site that said 0 messages...you know, the little underlined notification under My Controls in the upper right hand corner under Search and Help. Does it not show the number of messages waiting in the inbox held on the server for clubsmartcar?

#12 Mike T

Mike T

Ordered our first smart in 2002!

• Directors
  • 27,705 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:32 AM

Oh well.
2006 smart BRABUS Canada 1 cabriolet 450 B-remap
2013 Ford Fiesta SE 5 speed, 203A pkg, Winter pkg.
2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - Chat with members! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Francesco : (13 September 2014 - 09:59 PM) Lol yikes
@  FlossyTheSmart : (13 September 2014 - 05:50 PM) Francesco, you're going to have some child protection agency after you because of that comment at 6:28 ;)
@  Francesco : (13 September 2014 - 03:21 PM) My original 450 steels will be available for sale after I clean them up, 35% Conti TS760s on the skinny fronts, no tires on the rears.
@  Francesco : (13 September 2014 - 03:19 PM) I'm taking all our winter wheels out of storage this week to begin prepping them for sandblasting and paint.
@  Francesco : (13 September 2014 - 03:18 PM) Nice!
@  steveyfrac : (13 September 2014 - 02:38 PM) Winter tires acquired. Boo-ya.
@  Francesco : (13 September 2014 - 02:28 PM) A 10 yr Italian now costs the same as a 10 yr CDN, and no visas or reciprocity fees to many of the countries that require them from CDN passport holders
@  Francesco : (13 September 2014 - 02:26 PM) Well, it IS google. About six weeks ago I spent a moment or two searching for info about getting an Italian passport, which had previously (until July of this year) been prohibitively expensive.
@  FlossyTheSmart : (13 September 2014 - 12:48 PM) I don't see any way to limit languages for adsense. The French ads make sense, since you're in Quebec, but I don't think they'd do italian ones just based on name. Not quite sure what that's about
@  FlossyTheSmart : (13 September 2014 - 12:39 PM) maaayyybeee
@  FlossyTheSmart : (13 September 2014 - 12:39 PM) lol
@  Francesco : (13 September 2014 - 12:38 PM) Max, any way to block banner ads that are not in English? For some reason or other (perhaps my IP) I get many in French and (perhaps my username) Italian. Most are Italian these days. No idea why.
@  steveyfrac : (13 September 2014 - 10:54 AM) Awesome guys. Thanks. There is a fellow in London selling a lightly used set of winters off a 2006. Wanted to make sure they would fit.
@  marchanna : (13 September 2014 - 10:53 AM) The offset is a little different on the rear, they stick out about half an inch more. I think it actually looks better.
@  marchanna : (13 September 2014 - 10:52 AM) Confirmed. That's what I have on my car.
@  FlossyTheSmart : (13 September 2014 - 10:52 AM) See here: http://clubsmartcar....showtopic=27829
@  FlossyTheSmart : (13 September 2014 - 10:51 AM) yes they will
@  steveyfrac : (13 September 2014 - 10:49 AM) Help! Anyone know if Winter rims and tires off a 2006 Smart will fit on my 2014 ED?
@  marchanna : (13 September 2014 - 10:47 AM) I adjusted the colour a little if you give me your email i'll send it to you
@  FlossyTheSmart : (13 September 2014 - 10:39 AM) yeah, it's not too bad