Help! Locked out and car is running. Two dogs inside, key
Eclectrix
post Oct 29 2011 - 10:52 AM
Post #1

eclectrix

Group: Regular Members
Member No.: 534

Help!
The locksmith does not know how to open the door. The spare key is in my purse inside the car and it is running. The puppy stepped on the key and locked the door and no windows are open. Short of breaking a window is there any way to get in?

--------------------
hand-in-hand and step-by-step...

2006 coupe Passion pkg, delivery date January 5th.Tridion blk, hot pink, bungee grey, smart sound package, lockable storage drawer, 3 spoke steering wheel, heated seats, electronic sunroof, clock and rev counter and me, of course!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tolsen
post Oct 29 2011 - 11:11 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,409

Yes there is but I cannot publish the method on an open public forum. Send me a private message if you want to know.

+Quote Post
bilgladstone
post Oct 29 2011 - 11:11 AM
Post #3

This is my smart. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Member No.: 95

PM sent

--------------------
Join more than 210 smarties on the map! Where are you? CLICK HERE to add your marker!
::
[

+Quote Post
Leadwing
post Oct 29 2011 - 11:27 AM
Post #4

Current President

Group: Directors
Member No.: 7,529

If the methods Tolsen suggests doesn't work, tell the locksmith to try the rear hatch. There should be a normal key slot there.

--------------------
You are what you drive

'05 smart pulse "Bruised" (bought used with 94,000kms on it, Sept. 23/09)

'06 smart Passion Cab. "Silverwing" (bought 'gently used' with 4,800 kms on it, Nov. 22/10)

'95 Jeep "winter-beater" (bought used in 1996 with 6,000 kms on it) Sold... June 30/12 with 297,900 kms on it.

'96 Honda Civic, "Dimples", that serves as my wife's bus

'89 Civic "Old Faithful" (bought new in the fall of 1988) Still waiting for the first light bulb to blow. A/C has never been serviced and still chills the cabin area in less than 3 minutes.

and a gaggle of motorcycles including the 35th GoldWing ever made with over 591,000 miles on it. "yeehawww"
.. List of all 15 upon request

+Quote Post
Eclectrix
post Oct 29 2011 - 12:37 PM
Post #5

eclectrix

Thank you all.
Problem solved.
The locksmith was able to open the door. If you want to know how just send a private message please. I do not want to give that information publicly so you are not compromised in any way.
eclectrix

QUOTE (Leadwing @ Oct 29 2011 - 11:27 AM) *
If the methods Tolsen suggests doesn't work, tell the locksmith to try the rear hatch. There should be a normal key slot there.

--------------------

2006 coupe Passion pkg, delivery date January 5th.Tridion blk, hot pink, bungee grey, smart sound package, lockable storage drawer, 3 spoke steering wheel, heated seats, electronic sunroof, clock and rev counter and me, of course!

+Quote Post
tolsen
post Oct 31 2011 - 09:46 PM
Post #6

I did indeed send a PM as it would be interesting to learn how a professional locksmith would gain access to a Smart. Told him my fool proof and non destructive access method as well. No response seen so far though. Has eclectrix been overwhelmed with such requests perhaps?

+Quote Post
Eclectrix
post Nov 2 2011 - 06:43 PM
Post #7

eclectrix

Has eclectrix been overwhelmed with such requests perhaps?

Um, no not really. I am not a regular visitor anymore. I remembered that I should check in because of the recent post requesting help and did reply to a couple (only ) of pm's.

tada
eclectrix

--------------------

+Quote Post
tolsen
post Nov 2 2011 - 06:55 PM
Post #8

Being a regular visitor or not is not the issue. You have received several private messages that you have plainly ignored. Not the right attitude in my book.

+Quote Post
Eclectrix
post Feb 27 2012 - 07:20 PM
Post #9

eclectrix

QUOTE (tolsen @ Nov 2 2011 - 06:55 PM) *
Being a regular visitor or not is not the issue. You have received several private messages that you have plainly ignored. Not the right attitude in my book.

It is exactly the attitude demonstrated herein this post why I do not frequent this site anymore.

To clarify the situation, I did not ignore the messages. The inbox count in my controls read 0 new messages. I assumed there were none, that being correct. It was not until I read this post that I decided to ignore the stat counter and check. Low and behold there wer a half dozen new messages, and all have been addressed, as well as an alert sent to note the message counter not working. My apology to those who sent messages that were not addressed. They are now, better late than never. And if I was not a regular visitor, how would I know there were private messages? It would not be considered ignoring them if I did not see them. ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mike T
post Feb 27 2012 - 07:48 PM
Post #10

Ordered our first smart in 2002!

Member No.: 5

You must have set up your account to not receive an email notification when a PM is received. Either that or changed email addresses and did not update your account here.

See ya!

--------------------
2006 smart BRABUS Canada 1 cabriolet 450 B-remap
2013 Ford Fiesta SE 5 speed, 203A pkg, Winter pkg.
2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection

+Quote Post
Eclectrix
post Feb 27 2012 - 09:38 PM
Post #11

eclectrix

QUOTE (Mike T @ Feb 27 2012 - 08:48 PM) *
You must have set up your account to not receive an email notification when a PM is received. Either that or changed email addresses and did not update your account here.

See ya!

I did set up my account not to receive email notification and also changed email addresses. However; it was the site that said 0 messages...you know, the little underlined notification under My Controls in the upper right hand corner under Search and Help. Does it not show the number of messages waiting in the inbox held on the server for clubsmartcar?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mike T
post Feb 28 2012 - 07:32 AM
Post #12

Ordered our first smart in 2002!

Member No.: 5

Oh well.

--------------------
2006 smart BRABUS Canada 1 cabriolet 450 B-remap
2013 Ford Fiesta SE 5 speed, 203A pkg, Winter pkg.
2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Apr 25 2014 - 12:12 AM