Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - Chat with members! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Mike T : (18 December 2014 - 07:18 AM) Thanks! Same sentiment to all!
@  Wild! : (18 December 2014 - 04:11 AM) Here is to every one, Have a good Christmas and or Holiday Every one!
@  Mike T : (17 December 2014 - 04:15 PM) Never mind
@  Mike T : (17 December 2014 - 04:15 PM) Eh speak up sonny
@  TheBestJohn : (15 December 2014 - 04:01 PM) gonna pull it out and re lube
@  kdubya : (15 December 2014 - 02:47 PM) Figures right? I usually go a week between issues.
@  TheBestJohn : (15 December 2014 - 12:49 PM) My alternator was pooched. I bought a used one from Troy and it's working flawlessly now. week before last I put it in... today. Clutch actuator goes on mt
@  TheBestJohn : (15 December 2014 - 12:48 PM) So get this
@  Th3Guardian : (13 December 2014 - 08:29 PM) That's good to hear, its half off right now at $282.09 Canadian so I'm thinking of just ordering it.
@  Mike T : (13 December 2014 - 08:17 PM) It's the only decent cruise that was available for the 451 in the first years.
@  Th3Guardian : (13 December 2014 - 07:32 PM) does anyone have experience with this cruise control? http://www.smartiepa...e=index&cPath=1
@  FlossyTheSmart : (10 December 2014 - 11:30 AM) If anyone ever happens across a dead attachment (The file doesn't exist when you go to download it), let me know the link to the file. Generally you'll encounter dead attachments in posts older than 2007. The dead links are raising some (false) red flags for me on some things, and it's kind of annoying, so I've been making sure to edit the links away as I find them. The files are typically gone for good.
@  twobytwo : (09 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Pre-Owned Electric Drive Coupe for sale if anyone is interested... details in Dealer Showroom section...
@  Th3Guardian : (09 December 2014 - 08:25 AM) http://clubsmartcar....showtopic=29229
@  Th3Guardian : (09 December 2014 - 08:24 AM) V
@  Th3Guardian : (09 December 2014 - 08:24 AM) just posted a how to on installing a heater pad on 451s, if anyone is thinking of adding this before winter actually hits take a look here.
@  ishkabibble : (07 December 2014 - 11:17 AM) 279489
@  mowser : (07 December 2014 - 10:10 AM) oil filter for the 450

Photo
- - - - -

Ohio April Fools IV International, 13-15 April 2012

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#51 Spike

Spike
  • Regular Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

Thanks to all for the great time and the decorations on our door on Sunday morning. Who knew that when my husband invited me to spend our 45th wedding anniversary in Ohio at a smart car event that the curse of the u-turn queen would go with us. The 'curse' seems to affect people we are with at the time. Everyone in the tour will know what I mean when you think back to the first scheduled stop. "Missed it by THAT much".Many thanks to John and Elaine for being our 'guiding light' throught the confusing (to us) interchanges in the Detroit area.See below for a few of pictures.

Attached Thumbnails

• scan0003.jpg
  • Ohio_photos_061.jpg
  • Ohio_photos_039.jpg
  • Ohio_photos_042.jpg
  • Ohio_photos_055.jpg

Dot

#52 Spike

Spike
  • Regular Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

Here's a few more.

Attached Thumbnails

• Ohio_photos_028.jpg
  • Ohio_photos_031.jpg
  • Ohio_photos_048.jpg
  • Ohio_photos_051.jpg
  • Ohio_photos_057.jpg
  • Ohio_photos_026.jpg
  • Ohio_photos_018.jpg

Dot

#53 CANMAN

CANMAN
  • Regular Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

Thanks for a fun trip.There was a total of 18 smart cars doing U turns, thanks John for organizing everything.Canman Angelina and Peanut got home around 11 last night after a 795 kilometer drive.Not all at once, stopped at the Bass Pro Shop and for supper and twice for fuel.Canman
2005 steam green cabriolet, cruise control, armrest, side marker lights,
2006 phat red coupe, remote oil filter, armrest, remote battery booster, side marker lights, T.K's restrictor, scangauge, auto up/down windows,

#54 Leadwing

Leadwing

Current President

• Directors
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

@ Gordo: If I had the time, I would love to ride those roads on the bike. Looks like it could be fun.

I really have to chime in here with a huge thanks to John and the rest of the bodies behind this year's event. About the only thing you couldn't control was the weather, which did mess with us a little.

The choice of having the Quality Inn as the chosen spot to sleep over and also start from, was a good idea. No one got left behind at the start. Kudos to the staff at the Quality Inn for their friendly, helpful service, particularly those who went out of their way to help with things that wasn't really part of their job description.

While spending some time in the overnight room at the Q.I., we took a peek at the weather network. The storms in the general area were scary to say the least, but fortnuately, we only encountered a bit of on-again-off-again rain during the tour. Other areas were devestated with rain, hail and high winds.

Before we headed home on Sunday, a few of us decided that we would visit the Sand Castles at the Findley fairgrounds, so we headed off in that direction. GPS's weren't being too helpfull, but a local resident who was passing by in a big red pick-up truck (who was obviously not even going in our direction) turned around and led the mini-parade right to the gates of the fairgrounds. Many thanks to our unknown guide for his selflessness contribution of his time and fuel. But once we bid a fond farewell to our mobile map, we found that the fairgrounds were only open Tuesdays and Thursdays. Oh well, we tried.

Strong tail winds on the way home directly affected our mileage to the good. The total round trip was 940 kms.(584 miles) and fuel consumption was 26 Litres (6.8586 U.S. gals) for an average in U.S. terms of just over 85 mpg. I'm beginnning to think CANMAN is right....'Bruised' just ain't right. :crackmeup: By the way Mike, the fuel gauge was showing 2.5 L. as we approached the Timmies where we met on friday.

Here's a few pictures from the festivities.

Attached Thumbnails

• 002.JPG
  • 004.JPG
  • 006.JPG
  • 013.JPG
  • 014.JPG
  • 015.JPG
  • 016.JPG
  • 024.JPG
  • 027.JPG

You are what you drive

'05 smart pulse "Bruised" (bought used with 94,000kms on it, Sept. 23/09)

'06 smart Passion Cab. "Silverwing" (bought 'gently used' with 4,800 kms on it, Nov. 22/10)

'95 Jeep "winter-beater" (bought used in 1996 with 6,000 kms on it) Sold... June 30/12 with 297,900 kms on it.

'96 Honda Civic, "Dimples", that serves as my wife's bus

'89 Civic "Old Faithful" (bought new in the fall of 1988) Finally  (October 16/14) blew a tail light bulb!  First bulb to blow since new.  A/C has never been serviced and still chills the cabin area in less than 3 minutes.

and a gaggle of motorcycles including the 35th GoldWing ever made with over 591,000 miles on it. "yeehawww"
.. List of all 15 upon request

#55 bilgladstone

bilgladstone

This is my smart. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

• Regular Members
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

Great pix, thank you! Looks like a good time.B :sun:
Join more than 210 smarties on the map! Where are you? CLICK HERE to add your marker!
::
[

#56 IGTSMRT

IGTSMRT
  • Regular Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

Could certainly have had better weather but the people on this one made up for it. Thanks everyone for making the drive (or flight) and helping this April Fools drive set the record for attendance and distance traveled (Kansas or Oklahoma?) We got to talk with the animals (Llamas, that is), have some great chili dogs and root beer at an old fashioned drive-in, educate some folks on the smart at Tiffen University (not to mention some serious close formation parking!), take a back alley detour, visit an historic woods (looked very much like a standard bunch of trees to me) and eat some excellent ice cream at a local parlor in Findlay. The Friday evening activities simply can't be put into words (mostly due to laws on libel and slander) but the "fine dining" experience was something to remember! As usual, thanks to all our Canadian friends for coming to visit and making it a party! Stay tuned for info on next year's fifth anniversary Ohio April Fools event. :)

Thanks for putting this together John, wish the weather would have been better, but there is always next year. :) Who all will we see in Hamilton for the Mystery Run this year?

#57 gordo.bernard

gordo.bernard
  • Regular Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

LEADWING...I just noticed your room number....coincidence ? :D

#58 jwight

jwight

451 Member, CsC Directors

• Directors
  • 499 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

Thanks for putting this together John, wish the weather would have been better, but there is always next year. :)

Who all will we see in Hamilton for the Mystery Run this year?

Already signed up for the Mystery Run - don't miss it! Great photos up there; nice to see some from the back of the pack (thanks Ron for bringing up the rear and sticking with all the route deviations...) We also owe a big Thank You to the folks at Alpaca Jack's for their warm welcome and informative discussions, as well to Jolly's Drive-in for the excellent food and friendly service - stop in if you're in the Tiffin, Ohio area. :)

#59 jwight

jwight

451 Member, CsC Directors

• Directors
  • 499 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

Some photos available on smartUSAinsider.com. Note to self - when planning events with Canadian participants, give route distances in kilometers, ensure the hotel is near a Tim Hortons and provide some extra Baileys. :D

#60 Leadwing

Leadwing

Current President

• Directors
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

LEADWING...I just noticed your room number....coincidence ? :D

Sorry Gordo, I guess old age has made me dense. I don't get the connection :huh:

You are what you drive

'06 smart Passion Cab. "Silverwing" (bought 'gently used' with 4,800 kms on it, Nov. 22/10)

'95 Jeep "winter-beater" (bought used in 1996 with 6,000 kms on it) Sold... June 30/12 with 297,900 kms on it.

'89 Civic "Old Faithful" (bought new in the fall of 1988) Finally  (October 16/14) blew a tail light bulb!  First bulb to blow since new.  A/C has never been serviced and still chills the cabin area in less than 3 minutes.

and a gaggle of motorcycles including the 35th GoldWing ever made with over 591,000 miles on it. "yeehawww"

#61 gordo.bernard

gordo.bernard
  • Regular Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

smart 412

#62 Leadwing

Leadwing

Current President

• Directors
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

Good one Gordo!

I was kinda hoping for room 242 though.

2 (we have 2 smarts) 4-2 (there were two of us there) ;)

You are what you drive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users