• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 smartzuuk

smartzuuk

Secretary, CsC Board of Directors

• Directors
  • 6,924 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:32 PM

Over the coming weeks (and months perhaps) you will begin to see some substantial forum layout changes. The BoD is discussing and agreeing on the changes ahead of time, and you can be sure we are thinking big picture and about what the end result will look like.The Marketplace and Regional Groups will be the first to see significant changes. Regional forums will be significantly merged. The Marketplace will be broken out into cars, parts and wheels/tires to help members navigate easier. We may consider moving closed topics (sold items, ended promotions) into an archival sub-forum.We will then be breaking out General Vehicle Operation, Modification and performance and How-To forums into their own group, giving both the 450 and 451 each their own direct top-level access. We are looking to do away with sub-forums here, and eliminate the confusing layers.There will be other changes considered in due course (like the front page of the site perhaps). If you have any suggestions, send a PM to one of the BoD members.President - LeadwingSecretary - smartzuukTreasurer - SameGuyWebmaster - SpeedieMember at Large (450) - Mike TMember at Large (451) - jwight We are also looking for additional moderators for selected forums - please watch for a post about that shortly.Club smart Car turns 7 in 2012... and it's time for a refresh!Cheers,Keith

#2 smartzuuk

smartzuuk

• Directors
  • 6,924 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

Site Feedback has been moved from the bottom group up to the top group. There are no foums in the bottom group viewable by regular members - it is now used for Site Administration.The BoD is in the midst of discussing other changes which will be done one at a time, and starting soon!Cheers,Keith

#3 smartzuuk

smartzuuk

• Directors
  • 6,924 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:34 AM

In the Marketplace forums, new and regular members are restricted from replying to topics in Self-Promotion and the Member Classifieds forums.You can still use private message (PM), e-mail and phone. We are intentionally discouraging conversations from occuring in what are essentially classifieds listings.

#4 smartzuuk

smartzuuk

• Directors
  • 6,924 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:11 PM

We're nearing the point of significantly merging the regional forums from 24 down to 8 forums, with all remaining at the top level. Here's the expected list: Not neccessarily in this order: Vancouver Island The Rest of BC Southern Ontario (to be sure, I checked: Niagara to Windsor: http://soto.on.ca/ ) The Rest of Ontario The Prairies (AB/SK/MB) Eastern Canada (Quebec to Cape Spear) USA and The Rest of the World Canada Wide Events 8 forums only When important events occur, they can be pinned in each respective forum. We will moderate the forums as they are to be about events only, and/or significant discussions that are regionally specific. Selling parts, and chit-chat are a no go. Anything smart related has a forum, so those topics would get moved as required. To be sure, no old topics will be sifted through. The forum they would get merged into is their final resting place. Please PM a BoD member with any questions/concerns. Thank you! Keith

#5 smartzuuk

smartzuuk

• Directors
  • 6,924 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

Hi,We have completed the merging of all the Regional forums.Next up: Technical ForumsAs a first step, we have moved all the Technical forums to the 'top-level' within a new group.Moderators will be tasked with cleaning up some topics leftover in three of the forums, and then we will eliminate them. There will probably be a total of seven technical forums, 3 each for the 450 and 451, and a 7th forum which catches all the leftover topics.See the pinned topic in the Technical forums for more informartion.Thanks,Keith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - Chat with members! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  RHWeiner : (20 August 2014 - 01:02 PM) Looking for basic seat covers that won't cost me an arm/leg? Canadian tire?
@  smart65 : (20 August 2014 - 12:09 PM) Disregard last shout. It does highlight, as I wanted.
@  smart65 : (20 August 2014 - 11:20 AM) When a search is done, it would be helpful if the search argument were highlighted in the displayed results.
@  spider : (20 August 2014 - 05:41 AM) Hi guys, just wodering where you get all your custom parts for your smart car like exhaust, cold air intake, spacers for wheels, rims and tires. I've seen them on ebay, but was wondering if there are cheaper places.
@  smartdriver : (18 August 2014 - 07:14 PM) I PROMISE THAT I WILL NEVER POST A TITLE ALL IN CAPS!
@  FlossyTheSmart : (18 August 2014 - 07:13 PM) XYZ jokingly de-capitalized of course :)
@  FlossyTheSmart : (18 August 2014 - 07:13 PM) More annoying than bad. Helps prevent things post titles like "HELP ME I DON'T KNOW HOW TO XYZ" when it doesn't need to be in caps, and could just be "Help, I don't know how to Xyz"
@  smartdriver : (18 August 2014 - 07:11 PM) Why are all caps titles bad?
@  smartdriver : (18 August 2014 - 07:04 PM) Thanks. On numerous occasions in the past I tried editing my post to correct the capitalization problem without success.
@  FlossyTheSmart : (18 August 2014 - 07:03 PM) Turned it off. If we start getting all-caps titles (That aren't intended to be), I'll turn it back on though.
@  FlossyTheSmart : (18 August 2014 - 07:02 PM) It's an "shouting" preventer. I can turn it on and off. Maybe we can try it off for a while
@  FlossyTheSmart : (18 August 2014 - 07:01 PM) Sort of. That same issue was there before too though.
@  smartdriver : (18 August 2014 - 07:00 PM) For example SAM comes out as Sam
@  smartdriver : (18 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) Is it possible to fix the capitalization problem in the headings which exists when posting?
@  FlossyTheSmart : (18 August 2014 - 06:14 PM) New wiki feels nicer to edit and make articles to me
@  FlossyTheSmart : (18 August 2014 - 06:13 PM) Lol
@  Francesco : (18 August 2014 - 06:13 PM) But yeah, maybe
@  Francesco : (18 August 2014 - 06:12 PM) It's hard to tell until Mike T gets back! :icon_wink: :icon_smile:
@  FlossyTheSmart : (18 August 2014 - 06:07 PM) Less activity after moving the shoutbox to the bottom? :(
@  Francesco : (17 August 2014 - 10:48 PM) Lol