• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 smartzuuk

smartzuuk

Secretary, CsC Board of Directors

• Directors
  • 6,925 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:32 PM

Over the coming weeks (and months perhaps) you will begin to see some substantial forum layout changes. The BoD is discussing and agreeing on the changes ahead of time, and you can be sure we are thinking big picture and about what the end result will look like.The Marketplace and Regional Groups will be the first to see significant changes. Regional forums will be significantly merged. The Marketplace will be broken out into cars, parts and wheels/tires to help members navigate easier. We may consider moving closed topics (sold items, ended promotions) into an archival sub-forum.We will then be breaking out General Vehicle Operation, Modification and performance and How-To forums into their own group, giving both the 450 and 451 each their own direct top-level access. We are looking to do away with sub-forums here, and eliminate the confusing layers.There will be other changes considered in due course (like the front page of the site perhaps). If you have any suggestions, send a PM to one of the BoD members.President - LeadwingSecretary - smartzuukTreasurer - SameGuyWebmaster - SpeedieMember at Large (450) - Mike TMember at Large (451) - jwight We are also looking for additional moderators for selected forums - please watch for a post about that shortly.Club smart Car turns 7 in 2012... and it's time for a refresh!Cheers,Keith

#2 smartzuuk

smartzuuk

• Directors
  • 6,925 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

Site Feedback has been moved from the bottom group up to the top group. There are no foums in the bottom group viewable by regular members - it is now used for Site Administration.The BoD is in the midst of discussing other changes which will be done one at a time, and starting soon!Cheers,Keith

#3 smartzuuk

smartzuuk

• Directors
  • 6,925 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:34 AM

In the Marketplace forums, new and regular members are restricted from replying to topics in Self-Promotion and the Member Classifieds forums.You can still use private message (PM), e-mail and phone. We are intentionally discouraging conversations from occuring in what are essentially classifieds listings.

#4 smartzuuk

smartzuuk

• Directors
  • 6,925 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:11 PM

We're nearing the point of significantly merging the regional forums from 24 down to 8 forums, with all remaining at the top level. Here's the expected list: Not neccessarily in this order: Vancouver Island The Rest of BC Southern Ontario (to be sure, I checked: Niagara to Windsor: http://soto.on.ca/ ) The Rest of Ontario The Prairies (AB/SK/MB) Eastern Canada (Quebec to Cape Spear) USA and The Rest of the World Canada Wide Events 8 forums only When important events occur, they can be pinned in each respective forum. We will moderate the forums as they are to be about events only, and/or significant discussions that are regionally specific. Selling parts, and chit-chat are a no go. Anything smart related has a forum, so those topics would get moved as required. To be sure, no old topics will be sifted through. The forum they would get merged into is their final resting place. Please PM a BoD member with any questions/concerns. Thank you! Keith

#5 smartzuuk

smartzuuk

• Directors
  • 6,925 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

Hi,We have completed the merging of all the Regional forums.Next up: Technical ForumsAs a first step, we have moved all the Technical forums to the 'top-level' within a new group.Moderators will be tasked with cleaning up some topics leftover in three of the forums, and then we will eliminate them. There will probably be a total of seven technical forums, 3 each for the 450 and 451, and a 7th forum which catches all the leftover topics.See the pinned topic in the Technical forums for more informartion.Thanks,Keith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - Chat with members! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  spider : (02 September 2014 - 11:41 AM) hope i can make it next tuesday
@  autocrash : (01 September 2014 - 05:42 PM) high beams, all the time, no compromise!
@  turbomar : (01 September 2014 - 05:15 PM) Somewhat enable twilight running lights!
@  cadillacman : (01 September 2014 - 12:38 PM) enable nightime running lights
@  amr530711 : (01 September 2014 - 09:54 AM) disable daytime running lights
@  spider : (01 September 2014 - 09:00 AM) where is the gas filter on the 451 model
@  Th3Guardian : (31 August 2014 - 09:05 PM) Anyone in the ottawa area send me a friend request also
@  Th3Guardian : (31 August 2014 - 08:59 PM) Any one have the fondest clue as to why the seat reclining lever is on the inside of the seat? Any one else find this annoying?  :lookaround:
@  Th3Guardian : (31 August 2014 - 06:27 AM) I have used a rear set of rims on my front and noticed a little bit of a difference in fuel economy, how ever it's a smart car so it's nothing to B!tch about.
@  FlossyTheSmart : (30 August 2014 - 06:51 PM) 451 is a different beast though. People have been putting the same size wheel (standard rear size, or larger) all around on the 451 for quite a while now, with no issues.
@  turbomar : (30 August 2014 - 06:48 PM) I did try to put rear wheels on the front of my 450 with poor results. The wheels stick out over an inch. The tires rub when the suspension bottoms as well as when you turn the wheels. I slightly damaged the fenders doing it
@  Th3Guardian : (30 August 2014 - 05:22 PM) Also just finished installing a set of 2 10" fusion subs with a 1200watt Sony Xplode amplifier. Couldn't wait for my 8" kicker rt sub to come in
@  Th3Guardian : (30 August 2014 - 05:19 PM) Does any one know if running rear rims on the front of my smart car will actually do damage? there is a ton of speculation but no proven damage, I understand that you you probably ware out your tie rods and bearings quicker but is any damage actually
@  Francesco : (30 August 2014 - 01:08 PM) i did my wheel centre caps yesterday but nothing today. A couple of things to noodle with in the near future. I have ten days off starting the 10th, so probably then.
@  Francesco : (30 August 2014 - 01:06 PM) me too. diY
@  Francesco : (30 August 2014 - 01:06 PM) After work, maybe. Oh, dYi. Carry on! ;)
@  Th3Guardian : (30 August 2014 - 11:40 AM) DIY projects. If I knew how to type...
@  Th3Guardian : (30 August 2014 - 11:39 AM) any DUI projects going on this weekend
@  PeacefulWarrior : (30 August 2014 - 11:18 AM) Help! My door latch has failed with the door closed! Can anyone tell me how to open the door? 06 diesel Pure The outside handle is loose and limp. The inside handle is resistant but springy.
@  Francesco : (30 August 2014 - 09:23 AM) I still have backdraft oil spots all over my cars rear end. Only thing I can think is the mocal spin on adapter's square section o-ring is perished. I hope it's not one of the new axle oil seals. Any guesses?