Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - Chat with members! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  marchanna : (23 October 2014 - 06:26 PM) You should report that, it makes you an accessory after the fact. Oh crap! Now we're all accessories! Speaking of which, I should buy some accessories for my car.
@  Coast Steve : (23 October 2014 - 04:41 PM) He ment to say Killing time
@  Coast Steve : (23 October 2014 - 04:41 PM) Speaking of typing mistakes, my buddy typed to someone "I'm just around the corner killing Tim".
@  Wild! : (23 October 2014 - 11:52 AM) Going to Glenn's he says he may have what I need.
@  Wild! : (23 October 2014 - 11:49 AM) This has to do with side lighting.
@  Wild! : (23 October 2014 - 11:49 AM) No that part was done 2 years ago.
@  FlossyTheSmart : (23 October 2014 - 08:48 AM) Top secret panel painting project?
@  Wild! : (22 October 2014 - 04:05 PM) Does some one have an 450 old door skin? one that is broken or garbage want to do some tests on one before I attempt my good ones.
@  Mike T : (22 October 2014 - 06:20 AM) John from Victoria, are you and Keith on the site these days? We have a dinner on November 6th coming up in Victoria! It would be cool to see you both there! See the thread in the Vancouver Island sub-forum.
@  marchanna : (22 October 2014 - 05:37 AM) http://www.vevo.com/...es/USRV81400343
@  marchanna : (22 October 2014 - 05:34 AM) Not really. I love that you caught that. I accidentally typed that, and then I was going to correct it, and then I thought, "hmm, I wonder if I leave it there, if anyone would catch that".
@  FlossyTheSmart : (22 October 2014 - 05:31 AM) "effective"
@  marchanna : (22 October 2014 - 04:41 AM) I'm glad to see the shout box has become an effective form of communication :)
@  cadillacman : (22 October 2014 - 03:02 AM) what do you give to a sick pig ?
@  cadillacman : (22 October 2014 - 03:01 AM) oinkment
@  SkydiverChris : (21 October 2014 - 01:08 PM) Or does it? I say it's a conspiracy and they've fooled everyone!
@  marchanna : (20 October 2014 - 07:23 PM) No, but I have an infrared gun that would do the job. Unfortunately ( or fortunately) the ED doesn't have an exhaust.
@  Wild! : (20 October 2014 - 05:52 PM) Has anyone out there ever taken a temp reading from the exhaust manifold on the 450?
@  Mike T : (20 October 2014 - 10:27 AM) Yes, all of the below!
@  dmoonen : (20 October 2014 - 09:04 AM) Lol perhaps his smart

Photo

New CDI Owner needing Service Advice

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 glaughler

glaughler
  • New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:50 PM

Hi,I would like to introduce myself- recently bought an 05 Passion CDI Cabrio; was purchased in Calgary and shipped to Van.Has more options than I thought, including factory CD Changer, Heated Seats, AC, Premium Sound Package- no fog lights.. the original ship note FOB/ FAS Vancouver was included w/ the docs listing all options.It has 76000 kms on the odometer: North Van Mercedes were pretty disappointing as far as support- I had a few questions regarding maintenance- I have no idea what type of a service history this car has- got it as a gift; service adviser said the car is so reliable it will not need anything until 80000 kms. Apparently the electronic service history is not available through Mercedes from another province. Depends on how many G notes you flash I guess...Are there others recommended to service 450's besides Mercedes who are possibly more knowledgeable and less 'Mercedes' like... Not too worried about price, more quality and characterThe car I believe was taken care of, however, as an Alberta vehicle, registered in BC recently I am wondering where to check for rust as well as other cold weather weak spots that wouldn't otherwise appear in Vancouver both mechanically and cosmetically. Would like someone to look at the undercarriage.Very happy with it so far- it's amazing being 6'1'' 210 lbs and being able to sit in this car that feels full size- my cross the bridge commute has since become much more interesting as opposed to driving my ostentatious luxury cars that are now more or less sitting in my garage until the weekend.How do I begin to care for this unconventional masterpiece? Most importantly how do i refill the windshield washer fluid without having a smooth talking Mercedes tech tell me I have to bring it to him how to do it? How disappointing the Mercedes dealership was... How must I care for the side panels without damaging the plastic and paint- what is the right polish to use?Thank you. :D

Attached Thumbnails

• 2005Smartforttwocabrio014.jpg

#2 Alex

Alex
  • Moderators
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

Flying Tiger! Very strong recommendation.

#3 glaughler

glaughler
  • New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:06 PM

Flying Tiger! Very strong recommendation.

Where are they? I have browsed the web and seen that they are in the GVRD. Too lazy to look- enjoying chatting on this forum-will look now- Thanks- anyone else?

#4 glaughler

glaughler
  • New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

Where are they? I have browsed the web and seen that they are in the GVRD. Too lazy to look- enjoying chatting on this forum-will look now- Thanks- anyone else?

Can you put a tonneau cover in the rear of a CDI Cabrio?

#5 Smart42

Smart42
  • Regular Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

How do I begin to care for this unconventional masterpiece? Most importantly how do i refill the windshield washer fluid without having a smooth talking Mercedes tech tell me I have to bring it to him how to do it?

See: http://www.evilution.co.uk/271
Sincerely,

Marco

#6 glaughler

glaughler
  • New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:42 PM

See: http://www.evilution.co.uk/271

Thank you.

#7 Mike T

Mike T

We pre-ordered our first smart in July 2002!

• Directors
  • 27,818 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

Hi, see if you can add it to our Registry, by letting us know the last 6 numbers of the VIN. We have over three thousand of them registered, so far.Eddy is on the Westminster Highway a couple of km east of the Auto Mall. He is a good guy.Check the undercarriage and under the carpets for rust. If it was winter driven, it could have suffered. At the very least, take the car apartpanels off in the summer and wash it thoroughly, and the underfloor plastic panels too.To refill the washer fluid, use a screwdriver to turn the little slotted bolt in the passenger side vent under the windscreen one wuarter turn, then remove the grille by pulling it towards you. Look inside, at the front of the black plastic block is the filler cap. Grab it and pull hard upwards until the hose comes up to the edge of the aperture, then fill it, re-cap it and push it back home.

2006 smart BRABUS Canada 1 cabriolet, FlyingTiger map 380023_5.png
2013 Ford Fiesta SE 5 speed, 203A and Winter packages 542252_5.png
2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200 5 speed, other goodies 206221_5.png
1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection, plan to restore 201066_5.png

#8 KKSMART05

KKSMART05
  • Regular Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

Consider an extended warranty on your vehicle before it hits the 80000 km. May protect you for awhile since you have no history.
KKsmart05
Piper's Website

2005 SMART Passion 170,000 km 1982 Custom 900cc Honda East Coast Quebec Ontario
1976 650cc Kawasaki Canada and US 1962 Ford Falcon A very good time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users