Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - Chat with members! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  kdubya : (26 November 2014 - 11:38 PM) *posted a topic in the forum with pic attached*
@  kdubya : (26 November 2014 - 11:14 PM) Bought a galletto 1260 to remap, however the only options it gives for smarts are .6, 1.5 cdi, and a .9cdi?? Neither will read my car, anyone experience this?
@  Francesco : (26 November 2014 - 09:53 PM) Thanks! Told my wife a few weeks ago that's the only thing on my Xmas wish list this year! Sister calls me the Bad Driver Magnet
@  dmoonen : (26 November 2014 - 06:53 PM) Bought a couple dash cams, ps they're on sale at staples for $44. idiot drivers pushed me to the edge
@  turbomar : (22 November 2014 - 06:33 PM) Thanks for the tip lads! Going to Princess tomorrow
@  marchanna : (22 November 2014 - 05:57 PM) Princess Auto is the best! I live less than a Km from there.
@  Bessy : (22 November 2014 - 05:53 PM) Turbomar, Princess Auto has the socket for about $3. I've done 20 or so pairs of reluctors and haven't broken a socket yet.
@  dmoonen : (22 November 2014 - 09:48 AM) Yes it is Turbomar.
@  turbomar : (22 November 2014 - 07:38 AM) Is the socket size for the drive axle bolt to hub on the 450, 12 point 21mm?
@  dmoonen : (21 November 2014 - 03:41 PM) I think glow plug gets triggered by the coolant sensor
@  FlossyTheSmart : (21 November 2014 - 12:11 PM) I couldn't tell you for sure.
@  kdubya : (21 November 2014 - 11:39 AM) i played around a bunch, entered everything i could. i didn't see it anywhere. Is it something we know the Star can do?
@  FlossyTheSmart : (21 November 2014 - 09:52 AM) There are a whole lot of read outs in there, so you may have to dig around a bit, but that's where I would think they'd be.
@  kdubya : (21 November 2014 - 09:45 AM) k ill check. i want to make sure they are working. just a read out of temp
@  FlossyTheSmart : (21 November 2014 - 09:21 AM) probably under the "Engine" section
@  FlossyTheSmart : (21 November 2014 - 09:20 AM) Read out is likely under Systems>N3/9 (EDG control unit) > Actual Value Indicator, somewhere.
@  FlossyTheSmart : (21 November 2014 - 09:18 AM) As in, configurable, or just a read out?
@  kdubya : (21 November 2014 - 08:58 AM) Anyone know where to find cylinder temp (glow plug function) on the Star??
@  FlossyTheSmart : (19 November 2014 - 11:38 AM) classic
@  Mike T : (19 November 2014 - 11:38 AM) Hodor
@  evotell : (19 November 2014 - 11:35 AM) Saying your own name, I don't get it?
@  dmoonen : (19 November 2014 - 10:52 AM) Saying your own name evotell :P
@  evotell : (19 November 2014 - 10:49 AM) evotell
@  KurtMan : (18 November 2014 - 06:29 PM) Well, we repaired the wires and its driving fine now... I guess I'll have to wait for another slushy day to be sure. Thanks for all the help guys!
@  Mike T : (18 November 2014 - 05:24 PM) This happened to our dearly departed green car too and the solution was that simple.
@  SkydiverChris : (18 November 2014 - 03:32 PM) Glad to hear that you may have found the cause Kurt! Keep us posted! It's almost never that simple.
@  Francesco : (18 November 2014 - 12:00 PM) cost me close to $300 to tow from the Canadian border post at Hemingford to my driveway (80 km), and my car was up on blocks for two weeks while I tracked down and resolved the issues.
@  Francesco : (18 November 2014 - 11:58 AM) jurist? During
@  Francesco : (18 November 2014 - 11:58 AM) Yep, mine started acting up jurist a January thaw on a long steady drive through the country, then the car refused to move on a slushy day on a long steady drive on the same roads a week later. The slushy brine is both conductive and tenacious.
@  FlossyTheSmart : (18 November 2014 - 11:40 AM) That's probably it.
@  KurtMan : (18 November 2014 - 11:21 AM) So my friend with soldering skills is going to help me after work... I'm confident this will solve the problem. First slushy day we have so it must have splashed up there and shorted out.
@  Francesco : (18 November 2014 - 10:25 AM) knock on wood, no recurrence after two winters and three summers.
@  Francesco : (18 November 2014 - 10:25 AM) then wraped all in Tesa cloth harness tape ($20 a roll at MB, about the same off ebay)
@  Francesco : (18 November 2014 - 10:24 AM) Yeah, mine was the same. I repaired the wires and coated the whole thing in Liquid Electrical Tape ($9 at CT)
@  stickman007 : (18 November 2014 - 10:20 AM) There's probably corrosion inside the sheath due to moisture getting in
@  FlossyTheSmart : (18 November 2014 - 07:29 AM) with the wires chafed, they're probably only intermittantly making good contact. Wrapping in electrical tape probably won't be able to keep the connection good.
@  KurtMan : (18 November 2014 - 07:26 AM) What if I wrap the chafed wires in electrical tape and try driving around?
@  FlossyTheSmart : (18 November 2014 - 07:21 AM) hopefully it's as simple as that!
@  KurtMan : (18 November 2014 - 07:11 AM) I immediately found 2 chafed wires at the connection to the clutch actuator!
@  dmoonen : (18 November 2014 - 05:49 AM) Majority of the problems are in the engine harness area right at the IC scoop. Removing the IC would give you more wiggle room and less curse words
@  dmoonen : (18 November 2014 - 05:47 AM) SAM to rear ecu travels under the carpet and right into the firewall behind the seats.
@  dmoonen : (18 November 2014 - 05:46 AM) Harness to two sections: 1:Rear ECU TO engine sensors and components. 2: Sam:Rear ECU.
@  dmoonen : (18 November 2014 - 05:44 AM) No you dont need to kurt, mainly around the intercooler scoop area and back youll be
@  KurtMan : (18 November 2014 - 04:27 AM) Do I have to remove any of the under panels to get to the harness?
@  KurtMan : (17 November 2014 - 04:33 PM) Well maybe if I need a star machine I'll send you a message Max!
@  FlossyTheSmart : (17 November 2014 - 04:20 PM) I think just me, Chris, and Troy have star machines in the Ottawa area.
@  KurtMan : (17 November 2014 - 04:03 PM) Any help would be appreciated!
@  SkydiverChris : (17 November 2014 - 03:58 PM) NOt sure if anyone out your way has a Star, but there are a couple people around Ottawa that do. If you're stuck, they may be able to help
@  KurtMan : (17 November 2014 - 03:56 PM) Thanks I appreciate it!
@  SkydiverChris : (17 November 2014 - 03:55 PM) Sorry man, if you're still stuck on the weekend, I might be convinced to make a trip out that way (unless someone else gets there before I do), but there's a tonne of stuff to try, and the Star may or may not give you something to go on.

Photo

Warning Lights On. Please Help!