Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - Chat with members! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  KurtMan : (30 September 2014 - 12:49 PM) It was in fact the PY21 bulb that was burnt, the Canadian Tire associate insisted his computer system was correct and gave me 7528 bulbs. So I will return the bulbs and educate him when I return ��
@  stickman007 : (29 September 2014 - 02:29 PM) I bought a set of triple square from Mac Tools...the only one I ever use was 8mm for the CV
@  Francesco : (29 September 2014 - 09:16 AM) Yeah, ok. Buddy brought over his wife's 2000 Beetle TDI for a detail and I wanted to adjust the doors, but the strikers and hinges both had triple square bolts.
@  dmoonen : (29 September 2014 - 09:01 AM) Had to buy a couple sets for working on my vw's, basicly bbs rims, axels and a outher parts require them including the injector pump on the ALH's. I don't think there's a single one on the smarts that I recall mostly torx, etorx and standard sockets.
@  dmoonen : (29 September 2014 - 08:59 AM) VW need them but smarts no so much
@  Francesco : (29 September 2014 - 08:41 AM) I never noticed, does the 450 use any triple-square bolts? Does the 451? The set will be handy for when I work on Dubs, but was wondering about smarts, too.
@  Francesco : (28 September 2014 - 09:38 PM) The turn signal bulb? Or the bulb that would normally go in the empty BA15s socket below the top brake lamp? The TS is PY21W or P21W, while the one in the empty socket is R5W (207), a 5 Watt bulb. Note than on Canadian 450s that socket isn't connected to any power or earth.
@  KurtMan : (28 September 2014 - 06:00 PM) Thanks guys, I forgot to say it's a 450.
@  FlossyTheSmart : (28 September 2014 - 05:37 PM) WHich is a yellow bulb, despite being behind a red lens
@  FlossyTheSmart : (28 September 2014 - 05:36 PM) Oh, missed the lower break light correction. I think that is a PY21W
@  FlossyTheSmart : (28 September 2014 - 05:32 PM) I want to say P21W - I was just changing bulbs on my cabrio yesterday and it's actually on the plastic casing what bulbs are meant to go there - that's what I remember. I'm sure Evilution will have it there somewhere too.
@  marchanna : (28 September 2014 - 03:07 PM) I'm not sure if 450's are the same
@  marchanna : (28 September 2014 - 03:07 PM) On 451 models it's a 7528
@  marchanna : (28 September 2014 - 03:03 PM) What year?
@  KurtMan : (28 September 2014 - 02:52 PM) *I should specify lower break light.
@  KurtMan : (28 September 2014 - 02:48 PM) Does anyone know what the bulb type is in the lower part of a cabrio tail light?
@  amr530711 : (27 September 2014 - 02:16 PM) it's got a hard short on the black cable running from the positive post to the rear of the car - does that connect to the starter or to the alternator? This car seems to eat alternators, and the blackout happened at roughly the same time as the alternator would kick in, just a couple of seconds after moving forward.
@  stickman007 : (27 September 2014 - 01:52 PM) Check your connection at the battery terminals? I think somebody here in the forum had the battery cable melted once...
@  amr530711 : (27 September 2014 - 11:55 AM) hey everyone! I'm having a hard time with the new search, I'm looking for information about a total electrical failure. I started the car, drove about 50 feet, it bucked, the instrument cluster went out, back on, then completely off. and now I have no electrics at all. no four way flashers, can't roll up the window, car won't lock, absolutely nothing happens when I turn the key. Not sure what words to use in the search. any help would be appreciated
@  Francesco : (27 September 2014 - 07:10 AM) And a whole set of triple square bits off Amazon for $25. SnapOn rep said they're special order, and each bit is close to $30!!!

Photo

OIL FILTER

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dave from Orillia

Dave from Orillia
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:57 AM

I'm new to this and I just got a 2006 diesel smart and Im not sure of the filter locationCan you help I have the paper filter in my hand ready

#2 Francesco

Francesco

CsC BoD Member

• Directors
  • 5,682 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

Kneel down behind the rear bumper. Look at the rear of the block next to the gear box. See that 27 mm nut?
Francesco

2006 fortwo cdi pulse cabrio phat red/silver|heated leather|PLUS|sound|rack||mods OE cruise|Cabriotec heated glass rear window|custom red silicone cdi TIK|all-LED EU lamps front & rear|OE mud-flaps|colour-coded|garage opener|wiper nozzle|SGII|remap|spin-on oil filter|K&N air filter|RS grille|Painted smart Mods de Dion caps|Hella Micro DE fogs|MDC sucker|R1 Concepts brakes|TK's restrictor mod|LED angel eyes|stainless EGR delete|RS paddles|HEL braided brake lines|Bilstein B14 PSS coil-overs|PowerFlex bushings|Michalak 16" wheels||coming up Blindy|torque damper|Morimoto||

#3 Francesco

Francesco

CsC BoD Member

• Directors
  • 5,682 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

Question: do you have an oil extractor? Unless the previous owner modified the stock oil pan, the oil is sucked out the dipstick tube.
Francesco

2006 fortwo cdi pulse cabrio phat red/silver|heated leather|PLUS|sound|rack||mods OE cruise|Cabriotec heated glass rear window|custom red silicone cdi TIK|all-LED EU lamps front & rear|OE mud-flaps|colour-coded|garage opener|wiper nozzle|SGII|remap|spin-on oil filter|K&N air filter|RS grille|Painted smart Mods de Dion caps|Hella Micro DE fogs|MDC sucker|R1 Concepts brakes|TK's restrictor mod|LED angel eyes|stainless EGR delete|RS paddles|HEL braided brake lines|Bilstein B14 PSS coil-overs|PowerFlex bushings|Michalak 16" wheels||coming up Blindy|torque damper|Morimoto||

#4 Dave from Orillia

Dave from Orillia
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

Question: do you have an oil extractor? Unless the previous owner modified the stock oil pan, the oil is sucked out the dipstick tube.

Yes I do is the filter center of the engine near the back ? I have a paper filter

#5 Dave from Orillia

Dave from Orillia
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

Kneel down behind the rear bumper. Look at the rear of the block next to the gear box. See that 27 mm nut?

great thanks I have adjustable

#6 lebikerboy

lebikerboy
  • Regular Members
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

A crescent wrench will bugger up the plastic 27mm nut in no time...
[color="#8B0000"]2006 Lite White Pure , X-Gauge and tach, Corelines with Vredestein Quatrac 3 175/195, LED side markers, stubby antenna, embroidered luggage cover, Bosch 3300 filter, M20 spin-on adapter, Motul X-cess 5W-40 , Mann cabin filter, blind spot mirrors, smartmods plastic frame end caps, old style cup holder, K&N E-9257 air filter, Michalak air sucker, chicken head fuel cover badge, 135 dB "Freeway Blaster" horn, EBC redstuff pads/USR rotors, Optima Red Top 34/78 battery, Flying Tiger cdi remap, custom seat covers, 451 Brabus "Euro" softtouch shift knob, Michalak mirror/door covers, custom 450 cdi badges, custom license frames, aluminum pedal covers, 17mm wheel bolts with covers, rear view mirror adapter, LED 3rd brake light, "GT Sport" stainless exhaust, RS stainless valance, Eibach Pro springs, Vortex Generators, Bosch Evolution wipers.

#7 CANMAN

CANMAN
  • Regular Members
  • 800 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

Or you can buy this adapter and use regular spin on oil filters. Canman http://www.ebay.ca/i...#ht_3779wt_1288
2005 steam green cabriolet, cruise control, armrest, side marker lights,
2006 phat red coupe, remote oil filter, armrest, remote battery booster, side marker lights, T.K's restrictor, scangauge, auto up/down windows,

#8 cruise_carter

cruise_carter
  • Regular Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

http://www.fq101.co....oil-filter.html
driving a smart is, well.............just SMART!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users