Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - Chat with members! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  FlossyTheSmart : (20 September 2014 - 10:50 AM) nope, just gibberish
@  Francesco : (20 September 2014 - 10:09 AM) Let me guess: QuickType on your new iPhone 6?
@  FlossyTheSmart : (20 September 2014 - 09:10 AM) Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?
@  Mike T : (20 September 2014 - 08:17 AM) gabba gabba hey
@  cadillacman : (20 September 2014 - 07:58 AM) this is like the smell of the colour nine
@  Francesco : (20 September 2014 - 07:48 AM) I think Lazer was my favourite American Gladiator
@  marchanna : (20 September 2014 - 04:37 AM) random?
@  you-are : (19 September 2014 - 09:17 PM) turbo
@  marchanna : (19 September 2014 - 07:07 PM) fair enough
@  FlossyTheSmart : (19 September 2014 - 07:02 PM) It's certainly not concerning enough to put any man-hours into it.
@  marchanna : (19 September 2014 - 07:01 PM) True, but if the moderator didn't approve it then it would be deleted and the space would be reclaimed. The issue of bandwidth however still remains, and I don't know if that is an issue or not.
@  FlossyTheSmart : (19 September 2014 - 06:56 PM) If you needed moderator approval, the image would still have to be uploaded and the space would still be taken up ;)  But we're not really that close to the limit anyway.  The inability to mass upload a huge number of pictures all at once though is naturally slowing the rate at which we fill up though.
@  marchanna : (19 September 2014 - 06:53 PM) Maybe for the time being having a moderator approval for all uploaded images to ensure space isn't exceeded.
@  FlossyTheSmart : (19 September 2014 - 06:53 PM) but of course, any time you upload an image to the site, you should be able to re-add it to later posts, using the "my media" button in the editor.
@  FlossyTheSmart : (19 September 2014 - 06:52 PM) nice***
@  FlossyTheSmart : (19 September 2014 - 06:52 PM) A gallery is an option, but would require more server space for sure. We don't have a huge amount of storage right now, and not having a photo gallery is probably keeping us from filling up instantly. I agree it would be ice.
@  marchanna : (19 September 2014 - 06:49 PM) I'm not terribly concerned with posting pics in the shout box. It would be nice alternatively to have a photo album that pics can be uploaded to, so that when we link images to posts there are permanent on the site and don't get lost when the source is shut down or hat not
@  FlossyTheSmart : (19 September 2014 - 06:21 PM) well yeah, but that's not necessarily intuitive.
@  Francesco : (19 September 2014 - 06:20 PM) even the regular interface allows BBCode including the[img] tag
@  FlossyTheSmart : (19 September 2014 - 05:58 PM) and clicking the icon next to chat with members opens a new window, which, as Francesco pointed out, is a pop-up. Not sure what else could happen.

Photo

OIL FILTER

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dave from Orillia

Dave from Orillia
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:57 AM

I'm new to this and I just got a 2006 diesel smart and Im not sure of the filter locationCan you help I have the paper filter in my hand ready

#2 Francesco

Francesco

CsC BoD Member

• Directors
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

Kneel down behind the rear bumper. Look at the rear of the block next to the gear box. See that 27 mm nut?
Francesco

2006 fortwo cdi pulse cabrio phat red/silver|heated leather|PLUS|sound|rack||mods OE cruise|Cabriotec heated glass rear window|custom red silicone cdi TIK|all-LED EU lamps front & rear|OE mud-flaps|colour-coded|garage opener|wiper nozzle|SGII|remap|spin-on oil filter|K&N air filter|RS grille|Painted smart Mods de Dion caps|Hella Micro DE fogs|MDC sucker|R1 Concepts brakes|TK's restrictor mod|LED angel eyes|stainless EGR delete|RS paddles|HEL braided brake lines|Bilstein B14 PSS coil-overs|PowerFlex bushings|Michalak 16" wheels||coming up Blindy|torque damper|Morimoto||

#3 Francesco

Francesco

CsC BoD Member

• Directors
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

Question: do you have an oil extractor? Unless the previous owner modified the stock oil pan, the oil is sucked out the dipstick tube.
Francesco

2006 fortwo cdi pulse cabrio phat red/silver|heated leather|PLUS|sound|rack||mods OE cruise|Cabriotec heated glass rear window|custom red silicone cdi TIK|all-LED EU lamps front & rear|OE mud-flaps|colour-coded|garage opener|wiper nozzle|SGII|remap|spin-on oil filter|K&N air filter|RS grille|Painted smart Mods de Dion caps|Hella Micro DE fogs|MDC sucker|R1 Concepts brakes|TK's restrictor mod|LED angel eyes|stainless EGR delete|RS paddles|HEL braided brake lines|Bilstein B14 PSS coil-overs|PowerFlex bushings|Michalak 16" wheels||coming up Blindy|torque damper|Morimoto||

#4 Dave from Orillia

Dave from Orillia
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

Question: do you have an oil extractor? Unless the previous owner modified the stock oil pan, the oil is sucked out the dipstick tube.

Yes I do is the filter center of the engine near the back ? I have a paper filter

#5 Dave from Orillia

Dave from Orillia
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

Kneel down behind the rear bumper. Look at the rear of the block next to the gear box. See that 27 mm nut?

great thanks I have adjustable

#6 lebikerboy

lebikerboy
  • Regular Members
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

A crescent wrench will bugger up the plastic 27mm nut in no time...
[color="#8B0000"]2006 Lite White Pure , X-Gauge and tach, Corelines with Vredestein Quatrac 3 175/195, LED side markers, stubby antenna, embroidered luggage cover, Bosch 3300 filter, M20 spin-on adapter, Motul X-cess 5W-40 , Mann cabin filter, blind spot mirrors, smartmods plastic frame end caps, old style cup holder, K&N E-9257 air filter, Michalak air sucker, chicken head fuel cover badge, 135 dB "Freeway Blaster" horn, EBC redstuff pads/USR rotors, Optima Red Top 34/78 battery, Flying Tiger cdi remap, custom seat covers, 451 Brabus "Euro" softtouch shift knob, Michalak mirror/door covers, custom 450 cdi badges, custom license frames, aluminum pedal covers, 17mm wheel bolts with covers, rear view mirror adapter, LED 3rd brake light, "GT Sport" stainless exhaust, RS stainless valance, Eibach Pro springs, Vortex Generators, Bosch Evolution wipers.

#7 CANMAN

CANMAN
  • Regular Members
  • 795 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

Or you can buy this adapter and use regular spin on oil filters. Canman http://www.ebay.ca/i...#ht_3779wt_1288
2005 steam green cabriolet, cruise control, armrest, side marker lights,
2006 phat red coupe, remote oil filter, armrest, remote battery booster, side marker lights, T.K's restrictor, scangauge, auto up/down windows,

#8 cruise_carter

cruise_carter
  • Regular Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

http://www.fq101.co....oil-filter.html
driving a smart is, well.............just SMART!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users