Photo
- - - - -

Prairie Meet in Elk Point, AB

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: will come to meet spring break Elk Point, AB

Spring break in Alberta begins on March 24. Would you like to meet in Elk Point for a drive around?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Eclectrix

Eclectrix

eclectrix

• Regular Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

I am opening the doors to my bed and breakfast on Sunday here in rural Elk Point, AB. My kids have a different name for this area, which I won't repeat here, but really, it is very pretty and there is great hunting and fishing year round. The bed and breakfast sleeps 8, but in 4 beds and there is a twin bed and a cot. If you are coming from afar, I can offer the first 8 people a night's free accommodation and breakfast. The house is pet friendly to a certain extent (allowed in your room on the lower floor) and kid friendly to a certain extent (must be supervised at all times inside and out). There is plenty of parking and we can tour Bonnyville, St Paul, and Elk Point in tandem. I would alert the newspapers about the meet so there would be press coverage. I might even be able to get some freebies, maybe. I am thinking spring break, March 26 or anytime during the week or weekend. For those who are within driving distance, Elk Point is 2 and a bit hours from Edmonton, one and a bit from Lloydminster, 5 from Calgary. We offer fishing and hunting excursions, however; I cannot offer those gratis since the guides are paid. What do you think?
hand-in-hand and step-by-step...

2006 coupe Passion pkg, delivery date January 5th.Tridion blk, hot pink, bungee grey, smart sound package, lockable storage drawer, 3 spoke steering wheel, heated seats, electronic sunroof, clock and rev counter and me, of course!

#2 smartzuuk

smartzuuk

Secretary, CsC Board of Directors

• Directors
  • 6,925 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

I'd love to stay there a night... although, I will not be able to be there til the summer I think.For some reason, this thread shows as closed, and yet, my admin options don't list 'open'... I am perplexed. I guess I can post since I am an admin.....
I once was found, but now I'm lost.

#3 Mike T

Mike T

Ordered our first smart in 2002!

• Directors
  • 27,706 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

Too weird, I can't open it either. Maybe start a new topic?
2006 smart BRABUS Canada 1 cabriolet 450 B-remap
2013 Ford Fiesta SE 5 speed, 203A pkg, Winter pkg.
2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection

#4 smartzuuk

smartzuuk

• Directors
  • 6,925 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

Fixed.

#5 Eclectrix

Eclectrix

eclectrix

• Regular Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

I'd love to stay there a night... although, I will not be able to be there til the summer I think. For some reason, this thread shows as closed, and yet, my admin options don't list 'open'... I am perplexed. I guess I can post since I am an admin.....

Hi Keith, You are welcome to come and stay at the B & B in the summer. Would you please check or have the webmaster check as to why the thread is closed? I just posted this and there is not a reply. That might be why. My message box read 0 when there were 6 messages in it too, but that is a different issue. I am on an imac if that makes any difference at all. Thank you.

2006 coupe Passion pkg, delivery date January 5th.Tridion blk, hot pink, bungee grey, smart sound package, lockable storage drawer, 3 spoke steering wheel, heated seats, electronic sunroof, clock and rev counter and me, of course!

#6 smartzuuk

smartzuuk

• Directors
  • 6,925 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

The thread is open now... I think though that the three votes, including my own were null votes, meaning, you nullify your vote to be able to see the results.... so no one has actually voted.This forum as you will note is not well visited.

#7 Eclectrix

Eclectrix

eclectrix

• Regular Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

The thread is open now... I think though that the three votes, including my own were null votes, meaning, you nullify your vote to be able to see the results.... so no one has actually voted. This forum as you will note is not well visited.

Thanks for fixing it anyhow. Oh well, I tried.

#8 smartzuuk

smartzuuk

• Directors
  • 6,925 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:04 AM

Don't take it too hard, the forums are dead.

#9 Mike T

Mike T

Ordered our first smart in 2002!

• Directors
  • 27,706 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

If I knew where this was, and lived anywhere near it, I would have been in. I think the smart density out that way must be very low. Hence the zero response.
2006 smart BRABUS Canada 1 cabriolet 450 B-remap
2013 Ford Fiesta SE 5 speed, 203A pkg, Winter pkg.
2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection

#10 Darryl&Rita

Darryl&Rita
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

I stumbled in too late. :sleeping_02:

#11 Holger

Holger
  • Regular Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

Friends of us live in Elkpoint. Imelda & Bart. We could meet there next spring. It is a nice ride from Edmonton.Regards, Holger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - Chat with members! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  jletual : (18 September 2014 - 03:45 AM) thanks @canman
@  CANMAN : (17 September 2014 - 07:47 PM) http://www.fq101.co....ne-rebuild.html
@  CANMAN : (17 September 2014 - 07:47 PM) This guide is for a 600 cc gas smart but almost all the parts / procedure is the same.
@  rustyvolvo : (17 September 2014 - 06:33 PM) WIS doesn't have everything you need to check the engine bottom end out. I was told that at the dealer if it doesn't pass the compression check the short block is changed. I tried a rebuild but haven't finished it yet. A rebuild thread would be fantastic.
@  FlossyTheSmart : (17 September 2014 - 10:56 AM) I don't think I've seen a detailed CDI engine rebuild discussion anywhere. I believe details are in WIS. You may want to send a message to smart_guy, he has done a few engine rebuilds and may be able to point you in the right direction.
@  jletual : (17 September 2014 - 10:23 AM) can anyone point me in the right direction to any forums that have discussed an engine rebuild in great detail for cdi?  We have acquired a second car, this one with a blown engine from a broken timing chain. Want to take it apart and see if its rebuildable.  Any help/diagrams etc would be great!
@  spider : (17 September 2014 - 06:00 AM) 2009 451 exhaust needed
@  Francesco : (13 September 2014 - 09:59 PM) Lol yikes
@  FlossyTheSmart : (13 September 2014 - 05:50 PM) Francesco, you're going to have some child protection agency after you because of that comment at 6:28 ;)
@  Francesco : (13 September 2014 - 03:21 PM) My original 450 steels will be available for sale after I clean them up, 35% Conti TS760s on the skinny fronts, no tires on the rears.
@  Francesco : (13 September 2014 - 03:19 PM) I'm taking all our winter wheels out of storage this week to begin prepping them for sandblasting and paint.
@  Francesco : (13 September 2014 - 03:18 PM) Nice!
@  steveyfrac : (13 September 2014 - 02:38 PM) Winter tires acquired. Boo-ya.
@  Francesco : (13 September 2014 - 02:28 PM) A 10 yr Italian now costs the same as a 10 yr CDN, and no visas or reciprocity fees to many of the countries that require them from CDN passport holders
@  Francesco : (13 September 2014 - 02:26 PM) Well, it IS google. About six weeks ago I spent a moment or two searching for info about getting an Italian passport, which had previously (until July of this year) been prohibitively expensive.
@  FlossyTheSmart : (13 September 2014 - 12:48 PM) I don't see any way to limit languages for adsense. The French ads make sense, since you're in Quebec, but I don't think they'd do italian ones just based on name. Not quite sure what that's about
@  FlossyTheSmart : (13 September 2014 - 12:39 PM) maaayyybeee
@  FlossyTheSmart : (13 September 2014 - 12:39 PM) lol
@  Francesco : (13 September 2014 - 12:38 PM) Max, any way to block banner ads that are not in English? For some reason or other (perhaps my IP) I get many in French and (perhaps my username) Italian. Most are Italian these days. No idea why.
@  steveyfrac : (13 September 2014 - 10:54 AM) Awesome guys. Thanks. There is a fellow in London selling a lightly used set of winters off a 2006. Wanted to make sure they would fit.