Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - Chat with members! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  KurtMan : (30 September 2014 - 12:49 PM) It was in fact the PY21 bulb that was burnt, the Canadian Tire associate insisted his computer system was correct and gave me 7528 bulbs. So I will return the bulbs and educate him when I return ��
@  stickman007 : (29 September 2014 - 02:29 PM) I bought a set of triple square from Mac Tools...the only one I ever use was 8mm for the CV
@  Francesco : (29 September 2014 - 09:16 AM) Yeah, ok. Buddy brought over his wife's 2000 Beetle TDI for a detail and I wanted to adjust the doors, but the strikers and hinges both had triple square bolts.
@  dmoonen : (29 September 2014 - 09:01 AM) Had to buy a couple sets for working on my vw's, basicly bbs rims, axels and a outher parts require them including the injector pump on the ALH's. I don't think there's a single one on the smarts that I recall mostly torx, etorx and standard sockets.
@  dmoonen : (29 September 2014 - 08:59 AM) VW need them but smarts no so much
@  Francesco : (29 September 2014 - 08:41 AM) I never noticed, does the 450 use any triple-square bolts? Does the 451? The set will be handy for when I work on Dubs, but was wondering about smarts, too.
@  Francesco : (28 September 2014 - 09:38 PM) The turn signal bulb? Or the bulb that would normally go in the empty BA15s socket below the top brake lamp? The TS is PY21W or P21W, while the one in the empty socket is R5W (207), a 5 Watt bulb. Note than on Canadian 450s that socket isn't connected to any power or earth.
@  KurtMan : (28 September 2014 - 06:00 PM) Thanks guys, I forgot to say it's a 450.
@  FlossyTheSmart : (28 September 2014 - 05:37 PM) WHich is a yellow bulb, despite being behind a red lens
@  FlossyTheSmart : (28 September 2014 - 05:36 PM) Oh, missed the lower break light correction. I think that is a PY21W
@  FlossyTheSmart : (28 September 2014 - 05:32 PM) I want to say P21W - I was just changing bulbs on my cabrio yesterday and it's actually on the plastic casing what bulbs are meant to go there - that's what I remember. I'm sure Evilution will have it there somewhere too.
@  marchanna : (28 September 2014 - 03:07 PM) I'm not sure if 450's are the same
@  marchanna : (28 September 2014 - 03:07 PM) On 451 models it's a 7528
@  marchanna : (28 September 2014 - 03:03 PM) What year?
@  KurtMan : (28 September 2014 - 02:52 PM) *I should specify lower break light.
@  KurtMan : (28 September 2014 - 02:48 PM) Does anyone know what the bulb type is in the lower part of a cabrio tail light?
@  amr530711 : (27 September 2014 - 02:16 PM) it's got a hard short on the black cable running from the positive post to the rear of the car - does that connect to the starter or to the alternator? This car seems to eat alternators, and the blackout happened at roughly the same time as the alternator would kick in, just a couple of seconds after moving forward.
@  stickman007 : (27 September 2014 - 01:52 PM) Check your connection at the battery terminals? I think somebody here in the forum had the battery cable melted once...
@  amr530711 : (27 September 2014 - 11:55 AM) hey everyone! I'm having a hard time with the new search, I'm looking for information about a total electrical failure. I started the car, drove about 50 feet, it bucked, the instrument cluster went out, back on, then completely off. and now I have no electrics at all. no four way flashers, can't roll up the window, car won't lock, absolutely nothing happens when I turn the key. Not sure what words to use in the search. any help would be appreciated
@  Francesco : (27 September 2014 - 07:10 AM) And a whole set of triple square bits off Amazon for $25. SnapOn rep said they're special order, and each bit is close to $30!!!

Photo
- - - - -

Prairie Meet in Elk Point, AB

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: will come to meet spring break Elk Point, AB

Spring break in Alberta begins on March 24. Would you like to meet in Elk Point for a drive around?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Eclectrix

Eclectrix

eclectrix

• Regular Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

I am opening the doors to my bed and breakfast on Sunday here in rural Elk Point, AB. My kids have a different name for this area, which I won't repeat here, but really, it is very pretty and there is great hunting and fishing year round. The bed and breakfast sleeps 8, but in 4 beds and there is a twin bed and a cot. If you are coming from afar, I can offer the first 8 people a night's free accommodation and breakfast. The house is pet friendly to a certain extent (allowed in your room on the lower floor) and kid friendly to a certain extent (must be supervised at all times inside and out). There is plenty of parking and we can tour Bonnyville, St Paul, and Elk Point in tandem. I would alert the newspapers about the meet so there would be press coverage. I might even be able to get some freebies, maybe. I am thinking spring break, March 26 or anytime during the week or weekend. For those who are within driving distance, Elk Point is 2 and a bit hours from Edmonton, one and a bit from Lloydminster, 5 from Calgary. We offer fishing and hunting excursions, however; I cannot offer those gratis since the guides are paid. What do you think?
hand-in-hand and step-by-step...

2006 coupe Passion pkg, delivery date January 5th.Tridion blk, hot pink, bungee grey, smart sound package, lockable storage drawer, 3 spoke steering wheel, heated seats, electronic sunroof, clock and rev counter and me, of course!

#2 smartzuuk

smartzuuk

Secretary, CsC Board of Directors

• Directors
  • 6,925 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

I'd love to stay there a night... although, I will not be able to be there til the summer I think.For some reason, this thread shows as closed, and yet, my admin options don't list 'open'... I am perplexed. I guess I can post since I am an admin.....
I once was found, but now I'm lost.

#3 Mike T

Mike T

Ordered our first smart in 2002!

• Directors
  • 27,728 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

Too weird, I can't open it either. Maybe start a new topic?

2006 smart BRABUS Canada 1 cabriolet 450 B-remap 380023_5.png
2013 Ford Fiesta SE 5 speed, 203A pkg, Winter pkg. 542252_5.png
2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200 206221_5.png
1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection 201066_5.png

#4 smartzuuk

smartzuuk

• Directors
  • 6,925 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

Fixed.

#5 Eclectrix

Eclectrix

eclectrix

• Regular Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

I'd love to stay there a night... although, I will not be able to be there til the summer I think. For some reason, this thread shows as closed, and yet, my admin options don't list 'open'... I am perplexed. I guess I can post since I am an admin.....

Hi Keith, You are welcome to come and stay at the B & B in the summer. Would you please check or have the webmaster check as to why the thread is closed? I just posted this and there is not a reply. That might be why. My message box read 0 when there were 6 messages in it too, but that is a different issue. I am on an imac if that makes any difference at all. Thank you.

2006 coupe Passion pkg, delivery date January 5th.Tridion blk, hot pink, bungee grey, smart sound package, lockable storage drawer, 3 spoke steering wheel, heated seats, electronic sunroof, clock and rev counter and me, of course!

#6 smartzuuk

smartzuuk

• Directors
  • 6,925 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

The thread is open now... I think though that the three votes, including my own were null votes, meaning, you nullify your vote to be able to see the results.... so no one has actually voted.This forum as you will note is not well visited.

#7 Eclectrix

Eclectrix

eclectrix

• Regular Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

The thread is open now... I think though that the three votes, including my own were null votes, meaning, you nullify your vote to be able to see the results.... so no one has actually voted. This forum as you will note is not well visited.

Thanks for fixing it anyhow. Oh well, I tried.

#8 smartzuuk

smartzuuk

• Directors
  • 6,925 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:04 AM

Don't take it too hard, the forums are dead.

#9 Mike T

Mike T

Ordered our first smart in 2002!

• Directors
  • 27,728 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

If I knew where this was, and lived anywhere near it, I would have been in. I think the smart density out that way must be very low. Hence the zero response.

2006 smart BRABUS Canada 1 cabriolet 450 B-remap 380023_5.png
2013 Ford Fiesta SE 5 speed, 203A pkg, Winter pkg. 542252_5.png
2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200 206221_5.png
1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection 201066_5.png

#10 Darryl&Rita

Darryl&Rita
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

I stumbled in too late. :sleeping_02:

#11 Holger

Holger
  • Regular Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

Friends of us live in Elkpoint. Imelda & Bart. We could meet there next spring. It is a nice ride from Edmonton.Regards, Holger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users