Hi from Latvia

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ston3

ston3
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

Hi All!Greetings from Latvia! I have a '99 CDI City Coupe - till today - no problems at all, except EGR :(so I'm gere to join the "EGR club" and make some EGR bypass unit... (see attached picture of my smart - accidentally decorated with grey paint)ssssmmmard.JPG

#2 yyzboyz

yyzboyz
  • Regular Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:01 AM

Welcome to the Club Ston3! There is a member here that makes a EGR bypass and he goes by the name Pinhead.Blair
Blair

2006 smart Passion coupe phat red silver tridion, recent mods cruise control, H&R sport suspension, lowered suspension, air scoop, turn signal moved to headlight fixture, Michalak 15" rims 175 fronts 195 rears, twist key knob, dual cup holder, K&N air filter, remapped named "Rouge"

2006 smart Pulse cabrio stream green black tridion, recent mods cruise control, K&N air filter, twist key knob, dual cup holder, remapped named "Vert"

2009 Ford Edge named "Noir"

#3 bilgladstone

bilgladstone

This is my smart. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

• Regular Members
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:01 AM

:welcome: Welcome ston3. My 2005cdi was decorated with eggs several times when I first brought it home but PAINT looks far worse!Last fall I completed the EGR mod where not only the bypass circuit installed but also the entire EGR mix valve mechanism is removed. No EGR problems now, and more power/torque with straight-through pipe where the restrictive mix chamber was.You will find what you need here, cousin!Bil :drive:
Join more than 210 smarties on the map! Where are you? CLICK HERE to add your marker!
::
[

#4 Mike T

Mike T

Ordered our first smart in 2002!

• Directors
  • 27,706 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:18 AM

Welcome here!
2006 smart BRABUS Canada 1 cabriolet 450 B-remap
2013 Ford Fiesta SE 5 speed, 203A pkg, Winter pkg.
2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection

#5 ston3

ston3
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:50 AM

Last fall I completed the EGR mod where not only the bypass circuit installed but also the entire EGR mix valve mechanism is removed. No EGR problems now, and more power/torque with straight-through pipe where the restrictive mix chamber was. You will find what you need here, cousin! Bil :drive:

10x :) Actually I already found all missing clues to a success - very valuable was oscilograms posted by Marc there are some things to check before I will make "EGR emulator" - solenoid itself is in good condition and pot is not damaged hovewer ECU periodically loses it. I am waiting for some sunny and warm day to check ECu cabling - I was able to get ECU wiring diagram (a little bit inaccurate - it shows that wiper is on 4. but actually it is on 2. leg) So I got things to do - and I will report in "EGR valve" topic later on.. egr_smart.jpg

#6 smartzuuk

smartzuuk

Secretary, CsC Board of Directors

• Directors
  • 6,925 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

Welcome! Glad you could join us, and thank you for posting an intro!
I once was found, but now I'm lost.

#7 MADNESSMIKE

MADNESSMIKE
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

Welcome glad to see you have not run into many problems with your smart over the years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - Chat with members! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  jletual : (18 September 2014 - 03:45 AM) thanks @canman
@  CANMAN : (17 September 2014 - 07:47 PM) http://www.fq101.co....ne-rebuild.html
@  CANMAN : (17 September 2014 - 07:47 PM) This guide is for a 600 cc gas smart but almost all the parts / procedure is the same.
@  rustyvolvo : (17 September 2014 - 06:33 PM) WIS doesn't have everything you need to check the engine bottom end out. I was told that at the dealer if it doesn't pass the compression check the short block is changed. I tried a rebuild but haven't finished it yet. A rebuild thread would be fantastic.
@  FlossyTheSmart : (17 September 2014 - 10:56 AM) I don't think I've seen a detailed CDI engine rebuild discussion anywhere. I believe details are in WIS. You may want to send a message to smart_guy, he has done a few engine rebuilds and may be able to point you in the right direction.
@  jletual : (17 September 2014 - 10:23 AM) can anyone point me in the right direction to any forums that have discussed an engine rebuild in great detail for cdi?  We have acquired a second car, this one with a blown engine from a broken timing chain. Want to take it apart and see if its rebuildable.  Any help/diagrams etc would be great!
@  spider : (17 September 2014 - 06:00 AM) 2009 451 exhaust needed
@  Francesco : (13 September 2014 - 09:59 PM) Lol yikes
@  FlossyTheSmart : (13 September 2014 - 05:50 PM) Francesco, you're going to have some child protection agency after you because of that comment at 6:28 ;)
@  Francesco : (13 September 2014 - 03:21 PM) My original 450 steels will be available for sale after I clean them up, 35% Conti TS760s on the skinny fronts, no tires on the rears.
@  Francesco : (13 September 2014 - 03:19 PM) I'm taking all our winter wheels out of storage this week to begin prepping them for sandblasting and paint.
@  Francesco : (13 September 2014 - 03:18 PM) Nice!
@  steveyfrac : (13 September 2014 - 02:38 PM) Winter tires acquired. Boo-ya.
@  Francesco : (13 September 2014 - 02:28 PM) A 10 yr Italian now costs the same as a 10 yr CDN, and no visas or reciprocity fees to many of the countries that require them from CDN passport holders
@  Francesco : (13 September 2014 - 02:26 PM) Well, it IS google. About six weeks ago I spent a moment or two searching for info about getting an Italian passport, which had previously (until July of this year) been prohibitively expensive.
@  FlossyTheSmart : (13 September 2014 - 12:48 PM) I don't see any way to limit languages for adsense. The French ads make sense, since you're in Quebec, but I don't think they'd do italian ones just based on name. Not quite sure what that's about
@  FlossyTheSmart : (13 September 2014 - 12:39 PM) maaayyybeee
@  FlossyTheSmart : (13 September 2014 - 12:39 PM) lol
@  Francesco : (13 September 2014 - 12:38 PM) Max, any way to block banner ads that are not in English? For some reason or other (perhaps my IP) I get many in French and (perhaps my username) Italian. Most are Italian these days. No idea why.
@  steveyfrac : (13 September 2014 - 10:54 AM) Awesome guys. Thanks. There is a fellow in London selling a lightly used set of winters off a 2006. Wanted to make sure they would fit.