Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - Chat with members! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  you-are : (19 September 2014 - 09:17 PM) turbo
@  marchanna : (19 September 2014 - 07:07 PM) fair enough
@  FlossyTheSmart : (19 September 2014 - 07:02 PM) It's certainly not concerning enough to put any man-hours into it.
@  marchanna : (19 September 2014 - 07:01 PM) True, but if the moderator didn't approve it then it would be deleted and the space would be reclaimed. The issue of bandwidth however still remains, and I don't know if that is an issue or not.
@  FlossyTheSmart : (19 September 2014 - 06:56 PM) If you needed moderator approval, the image would still have to be uploaded and the space would still be taken up ;)  But we're not really that close to the limit anyway.  The inability to mass upload a huge number of pictures all at once though is naturally slowing the rate at which we fill up though.
@  marchanna : (19 September 2014 - 06:53 PM) Maybe for the time being having a moderator approval for all uploaded images to ensure space isn't exceeded.
@  FlossyTheSmart : (19 September 2014 - 06:53 PM) but of course, any time you upload an image to the site, you should be able to re-add it to later posts, using the "my media" button in the editor.
@  FlossyTheSmart : (19 September 2014 - 06:52 PM) nice***
@  FlossyTheSmart : (19 September 2014 - 06:52 PM) A gallery is an option, but would require more server space for sure. We don't have a huge amount of storage right now, and not having a photo gallery is probably keeping us from filling up instantly. I agree it would be ice.
@  marchanna : (19 September 2014 - 06:49 PM) I'm not terribly concerned with posting pics in the shout box. It would be nice alternatively to have a photo album that pics can be uploaded to, so that when we link images to posts there are permanent on the site and don't get lost when the source is shut down or hat not
@  FlossyTheSmart : (19 September 2014 - 06:21 PM) well yeah, but that's not necessarily intuitive.
@  Francesco : (19 September 2014 - 06:20 PM) even the regular interface allows BBCode including the[img] tag
@  FlossyTheSmart : (19 September 2014 - 05:58 PM) and clicking the icon next to chat with members opens a new window, which, as Francesco pointed out, is a pop-up. Not sure what else could happen.
@  FlossyTheSmart : (19 September 2014 - 05:57 PM) Yeah, the shoutbox isn't supposed to be anything permanent, so you can't upload images through it. If you go into the full shoutbox interface (Via the icon next to chat with members or the tab at the top), you should be able to throw in an image that you've already uploaded to the site. Ultimately, shoutbox shouldn't reaalllyy be used for sharing pictures.
@  marchanna : (19 September 2014 - 05:07 PM) I'll give a try on Firefox later
@  Francesco : (19 September 2014 - 05:05 PM) i don't have Safari for Windows, but it works as a popup on Cr, Fx and IE
@  marchanna : (19 September 2014 - 05:05 PM) I thought maybe the image was too big
@  marchanna : (19 September 2014 - 05:04 PM) I suppose, but it's not very useful or convenient
@  Francesco : (19 September 2014 - 05:04 PM) you have to use BBCode in Shoutbox, so you'd have to save the image somewhere online and link to it.
@  Francesco : (19 September 2014 - 05:03 PM) but that *is* a popup

Photo
- - - - -

Reduce Burn Out Headlight On Smart