Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OklahomaSmart

Flashing Horizontal Bar on the Digital Dash

8 posts in this topic

2006 Canadian CDICan someone please tell me what a single blinking (horizontal) bar on the digital dash means?It appears to be the center bar of the otherwise 3 blinking bars. Mine is only 1 center horizontal bar blinking.Also all of the Fuel Bubbles and Temperature Bubbles are blinking.What does this mean?Please note, there are now only 1,140 Kilometers on the car, so it is still new. This is the first time the car has done this. This morning I went to start it up and now this blinking on the dash.

OOOhhhhh The 3 bars of Death! Its kinda like the windows blue screen of death...Try turning the car off...key out for 20 seconds so (you will hear a relay "click") and try again....its some sort of gearbox misfire...resetting it (by turning the car right off ) should cure it...no real emergency...it happens...but only occasionallyS

I only have 1 bar blinking, and all of the Fuel Bubbles and Temperature Bubbles are blinkingThat is 1 bar in the center blinking along with all the bubbles blinkingThanks so far

:waving:

Have a look at THIS page that "Evilution" put up last night! I think it'll answer all your questions.

First line of attack = check fuses.

Cheers,

Bil :sun:

wow. Here is a thank you to everyone for the prompt help.I now recall that I removed the Airbag fuse so I could install a Paddle Shift Steering Wheel. I didn’t want to accidentally blow an airbag in my face. According to the Evilution Link.. my CAN fault is 'probably due to a break in the system.. thus a fuse and disconnected Airbag plug.I will post an update if the problem is not related to the Airbag plug and fuse.

wow, talk about timing

I can be found elsewhere on the site but it wasn't easily found and I thought it deserved its own page.