Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sponge's -victoria lunch 'meet & greet' thursday aug. 23
Club smart Car > Regional Forums > Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands
sponge
what's with all the sticky's in the 'marmot' forum?

regardless, i'm posting an august 23rd lunch meet between 12 and 1 at 'barb's fish and chips' downtown victoria at the docks (hop, skip and a jump from the empress hotel if i remember correctly). this is the fourth thursday out of five in august (marmots seem to like thursdays). there is no 'rain date'. i'm on a tight schedule. i will be there (maybe even early (can't remember if you have to pay for parking or not)).

how good are the fish and chips? well, this is my final destination and reason for me driving my car across the country. my smartie is easy to spot. it's red and black, has brabus wheels, dropped suspension, and a silver air scoop thingy up front (don't bug me about the fit (it's not my fault)). currently it has a tongue sticking out the back too. i'm easy to spot, i'm the portly fellow sporting a red 'ferrai' hat with the wife who will be rolling her eye's wondering what she's gotten herself into again.

doublethumb.gif doublethumb.gif doublethumb.gif

1. sponge and 'the wife'
Speedie
We stick together as Marmot's should biglaugh.gif

Just lots of things on the go out here.

I will see if I can make it - let us know if there is anything else you would like some info on.

Here is a link for Barb's - http://www.barbsplace.ca/ - they have won several awards - there are lots of really good fish and chip places here so that is a tough thing to pull off.

Cheers,
Cameron
daichan
(sponge)
i will be there (maybe even early (can't remember if you have to pay for parking or not)).

Yes you do, but it is cheap if I remember correctly.
Serenitie
I will try to make it as well. I live 2 minutes walking distance from Barbs Fish & Chips but I'll be sure to bring my Smartie out for the Meet & Greet.
Speedie
You can also park out on the road if you can find a spot - that is free.

So I will try to make it - depends on work.

Cheers,
Cameron
sponge
one more month. i've removed my trailer hitch figuring 'why should i haul 20lb's back and forth across the country. i'll pay for parking. where exactly is mile '0'?

Speedie
Mile 0 is at the end of Douglas Street - right by Beacon Hill Park - you can't miss it - 'cause if you do you will be going over a sidewalk into the bushes and into the water. There is a sigh there and a monument to Terry Fox. Sort of a little triangular park.

Here are a couple of maps.

Cheers,
Cameron
glasslady
Sam and I might drop by for lunch.
sponge
bump.gif

so i'm starting to pack up and will be on the road either this wed nite, or most likely, really really early (like 4am early) thursday morning. i won't be doing the internet thing for a whole bunch of days. i probably won't have access till a week wednesday (the day before the meet). so if you are there, i'll see yah.

Cait
i'm packing up too! I'll be on the road tomorrow... but unfortunately I wont be able to make it to this event! I tried to plan things so I could be there, but my sister and brother in law are going to be in vancouver at that time so I am spending time with them.

Sponge - I'll catch ya at an ontario rally sometime!

marmots - I'll be on the island from the 28th to 30th I believe! Maybe I'll see some of you then!
sponge
it's sunday at 1.34 in the afternoon and i'm in a tourist centre in medicine hat. it's got free internet access. how cool is that? regardless, i'm on my way.

Mike T
Right on!
glasslady
Sorry, Sam and I won't make it after all. See you next time.
Mike T
Sandy T and I will be there. It's our 22nd wedding anniversary.
Speedie
I have to bow out - my Brother is dropping in from California.

Sorry about that - hopefully we can catch up with each other another time!

Cheers,
Cameron
Mike T
So Aries, Cathy, Mark and Maureen (new members and new smart owners) plus Mike and Sandy had a rendez-vous as planned. We arrived about 15 minutes or so later than the others, at about 12:05. We had a nice plate of fish and chips and had a good chat with Aries about his trans-Canada drive (never again in a smart with sports suspension, he vowed).

Here are some shots:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.